A normal day

Desire (Hiatus)

  Seungwan lays in her bed, thinking. It was already past midnight and the lights in her room is turned off, so there's only the moonlight shining through the big glass window. She had been tossing and turning in every direction and yet she couldn't forget the relationship with Yugyeom.

 

   What makes the break up so easy? Seungwan is not sad, neither is she mad. Well, she was mad but it's because someone cheated on her, not because that someone is Yugyeom.  

 

    Seungwan reached out for her phone under the pillow and browse through her gallery. Eventually, she found those pictures. ​​​​​​ Those pictures she hates so much now.

 

   It was probably always one-sided. 

  Yugyeom would take the initiative to talk first.

  Yugyeom would buy her flowers.

  Yugyeom kissed her first.

   They had never gone beyond kissing. And Yugyeom never said anything about it.

   Delete.

 

   All the pictures she had with him is now gone. Seungwan felt satisfied with her actions and turns off her phone, throwing them on the bed. She let out a really deep sigh and hugs a pillow.

 

   Suddenly, her mind wanders to a tall girl with bubbly eyes and bubbly attitude.  She smile at the thought of Park Sooyoung and rolls around her bed. 

 

  Park Sooyoung. I've always been fond of her. She's so pretty. No, beautiful. 

 

  Imagine holding her in my arms, touching skin with her, touching her, kissing he-

 

  "Wait What?!" Seungwan sits up, wide eyes. She touched her lips with her thumb and shakes her head vigorously. She runs her hand through her hair and sigh.

 

   "Why am I imagining those kind of thing?" Seungwan is back laying in her bed. Slowly, she shuts her eyes and a few minutes later, she's asleep. 

 

  And she dreamt of Park Sooyoung.

 

__________________________________________________

 

The next morning, Seungwan walks lazily into the big black building. She feels tired, probably because she stays up until 1 A.M. in the morning. 

 

She walks up to the receptionist counter and pokes Whee In on the shoulder. The girl looks up to her and raised an eyebrow. 

 

 "What's up with you? You look so...."

 

 "Dishevelled?"

 

​​​Whee In nods her head in response and Seungwan groans at how obviously tired she looks. She fix her hair and bangst then to her loose tie and slap her face, but not to hard.

 

"Better?" She asked.

 

"Yeah, better." Whee In nods in agreement.

 

Seungwan thanks her and said goodbye.

 

She strides to the elevator and when it opens, she found herself being alone with Sooyoung.

 

They stand there in awkward silence, Seungwan on the center of the elevator and Sooyoung behind her.  

 

Sooyoung studied her boss. From how her hair is tied in ponytail, to her messy bangs, to her creased red loose button up shirt, to her light blue jeans and to her dark red Converse.

 

Dress code in a magazine company is so casual even the boss wear something like this. 

 

The elevator dings, signaling that they have arrived on their designated floor. Seungwan steps out. Suddenly, she felt pain in her head and it makes her leg go wobbly. She is about to take another step, but she lose her balance.

 

Right when she thought she was falling, Seungwan felt a hand on her shoulder and another in waist. She looks up to see Sooyoung holding her.

 

The girl's eyes is full with worry and she carefully balance Seungwan back to her feet.

 

"Are you OK?" The girl asked.

 

Seungwan released a sigh and straighten her back. 

 

"I think I'm a bit dizzy. My head is spinning so much." Sooyoung nods, then after a few moments, she walks towards Seugwan's office.

 

Seungwan is confused as to what the girl is doing but the confusion go away when Sooyoung unlocked the door and open it for her.

 

Sooyoung get back to her and holds her in case she falls again. Seungwan grins at her and walks towards her office.

 

Her head is still hurting when she sits down and she leans on her chair, massaging her temple.

 

She looks up to see Sooyoung staring at her and the girl smile.

 

"Are you okay? Is there anything you need?" The girl asked.

 

Suddenly, Seungwan felt bold. She felt the courage to

 

"I'm okay. Right now, I just need you Sooyoung." Seungwan stares deeply at her. Soyoung blushed but she managed a smile.

 

"Okay." Sooyoung said.

 

////////////////////

 

Sooyoung thought about it hard. Does Seungwan has feelings for her? The girl just  had her break up, that would be impossible. Her mind wanders for a long time, not noticing that someone sit across her.

 

The person clears and Sooyoung jumps. She looks up from her laptop and saw Yerim.

 

"Here. SinB asked me to give it to you to pass it to the boss." Yerim said while smiling.

 

"Just how many tos are you using?" Sooyoung chuckles and take the sample magazine from Yerim's hand.

 

Sooyoung examines the magazine. The top of it, with big pink letters, is written 'SM' with black outlines. The background of the front page is covered with books. The new model Sunmi, that Seungwan hired the same time she hired Sooyoung, smiles wide on the front page. This month concept is 'New you', thus Sunmi being the new model.

 

"You guys never disappoints do you?" Sooyoung said, looking up to Yerim. Yerim smiles brigthly, a little too brightly that Sooyoung squints her eyes.

 

"You think so?" Yerim said, looking really happy.

 

"Yeah," 

 

Yerim grins got even wider, and she plays with her hair.

 

"Thank you. This is the first time I've designed the magazine cover and I'm happy that you like it. I was really nervous on thinking that boss would maybe don't like it,but seeing and hearing you said that it was good, it boost up my confidence" Yerim explains an Sooyoung goes wide-eyes. 

 

"You designed this? YOU? Wow! Yerim! I'm so proud of you!" Sooyoung cheers happily while clapping her hands. Yerim laughs at the other girl's reaction and nods her head. After they settled down a bit, Sooyoung said​​​

 

"And don't worry, I'm sure Seungwan would love this." Sooyoung said as Yerim rose from the seat across her. Yerim stares at her and smiles while nodding her head.

 

"Thank you, Sooyoung. Now, I'll be going. See ya." Yerim waves at her as she walks away. Sooyoung smiles, and she goes back to examining the magazine.

 

Slowly, she stands up from her seat and makes her way to Seungwan's office and knocks at the door. She heard a come in, and she walks in.

 

Seungwan is sitting on her leather chair behind her mahogany desk and is typing something on her laptop. The blonde looks up and grins at Sooyoung. Gosh, such a sweet smile, Sooyoung thought.

 

She smiles back and walks towards Seungwan and finally settle down across her. She hands Seungwan the magazine and the girl took it.

 

Seungwan examines the cover, then flips through the pages, and back to its cover. 

 

"This is not SinB's right?" Sooyoung is amazed at how Seungwan can recognized who's work it is. It's amazing, the teamwork between Seungwan and SinB. 

 

Sooyoung shakes her head, signaling a 'no', "It's Yerim's".

 

Seungwan raised her eyebrows and nods her head. 

 

"She's good." She said and puts down the magazine beside her laptop. She looks up to see Sooyoung nodding her head at the statement.

 

"Hey, let's go," Seungwan said suddenly and already standing up. Sooyoung stares at her with bewildered expression.

 

"Where?" The raven asked.

 

"Lunch," Seungwan said and gets out from her office, grinning, leaving Sooyoung to chase her.