8 eighth

The Suicidal Angel

"You still have to get that part. It's the most important though.."

The instructor told Joshua.
They are practising for his Comeback.

His schedule is a flood. He barely even gotten enough rest.

He's been so busy fo almost a week of two now.

And yes, he's tired.

Strumming on his guitar while having a quick break.. He remembered something.

"Please be there.. We would be very happy. Please."

Shin Ah told him a month ago. It was about the wedding. He is wondering who to bring as a plus one when his mind fixed on someone..

He quickly stood up and run to his bag and excitedly dialed Jeonghan's number.

"Hello?"

"Uhm.. Hey. How are you today?"

He asked. He would firstly like to know how he is.

"Im.. Im.. Fine. Yes.. Uhm why a sudden call after a week of not calling?"

Joshua smiled. He can imagine Jeonghan pouting.

"Im sorry.. Too busy to anything.. Actually I called to invite you.."

"For what?"

"A wedding... "

"What? I mean.. What's with the wedding?"

Then Joshua realized something. He sounds like he's inviting Jeonghan to Marry him.

That's why he sounds startled.

"I mean.. Im attending a wedding next week on sunday. I don't want to go alone that's why.."

A long silence came before Jeonghan speak.

"What a coincidence.. Im attending a wedding too. Exact same day. Im sorry."

Joshua frowned.. But soon smiled.

At least he's socializing now.

He thought.

"Jisoo?"

"Oh.. It's ok. I'll take my manager with me instead. Thank you.."

"Jisoo? When will you be back?"

Jisoo sighed. He know the latter is sad. He somehow have a very soft spot for his new friend.

Well it's been almost two months since they met.

"I'll be back on Saturday.."

"Mmmhh..ok then.. Take care. Bye."

"Han? I'll come visit you on Monday. Is it ok?"

He don't know where that came from but he said it anyway.

He's waiting for a reply when Bumzu called him to continue his practice.

"Sure. Make sure to bring pizza. It's good for Movie marathon. Bye."

Then the line went dead.

Movie marathon.

He smirked. Good thing monday is his rest day. Watching movie for hours won't tire him right?

Jisoo stood up grinning like a kid who got a lot of candy to share.

"What's with the smile?"

Bumzu asked as they got out of the room. The artist just shrugged him and go.

------------

Josh is walking back to his condo unit after having a dinner with his manager and instructor outside thier company.

Tired. He really wants to go to bed immediately. So he doubled phase his usual walk.

The elevator was about to close and if not because of someon's hand that stopped it.. He is now probably waiting for another elevator.

He mumbled thanks to the guy.

He somewhat recognize them..

"Boo.. I think we should visit Jeonghan hyung more often."

The american looking guy beside Joshua said.

"Yeah. I think so. His ex is getting married and he is invited. What a torture."

That was when Joshua can't fight the urge to speak anymore.

"Uhm.. Excuse me. If Im not mistaken you're Seungcheol's friend right?"

He started. The two person with him inside the elevator stopped talking and look at him abruptly.

"No.. We were but not anymore."

"Ohh.. Im Joshua---

"Wait! Oh my gawd! Omo.. You're.. You're Joshua Hong right? Th-the singer? Oh my.. Wait can I have a selfie with you? Please?!"

"S-sure.."

And they had selfies together..

"Im Vernon by the way.. And my boyfriend.. Seungkwan."

"Ohh.. Nice to meet you. Uhm.. I Would like to ask about Je--

*ting!*

The elevator opened.

"We are going already.. Nice to meet you Mr. Hong."

Vernon said facing him from the outside of the cabled box.

"Just call me Josh. See you again guys."

The couple waved thier hands and the elevator's door closed.

They knew Jeonghan and Seungcheol as well.. Maybe a mutual friends then.. What a coincidence..

Joshua thought.

The moment he heard the ting sound again, he quickly made his way to his unit.

He open his door with a slide of his card on his hand.

Drowsy all of a sudden so he seated himself in front of the wide glassed window where the view is quite a show stealer.

With his eyes closed..

An angel came to his mind.

The smiling face of an angel who tried to escape from the life's cruelty.
The skin that is as white as it's personality.. Pair of eyes that can pet down a beast and can calm it with the soothing voice.

As he felt sleep slowly creeping on him while he is sitting on his couch purposely facing the wide glass..

Joshua felt his lips twitch to a smile.. Remembering the angel.

Yoon Jeonghan.

Then let darkness take him.

--------------------------------

The car outside Jeonghan's house is horning repeatedly. That means calling Jeonghan's attention who is still inside his house.

Jeonghan on the other hand has just finished wearing his shoes.

The moment he heard Mingyu's car horning outside.. He quickly grab all the things he usually bring with him.

Wallet,cards,cellphone and others.

Mingyu who is patiently waiting outside Jeonghan's house.. Is on his dashing suite.

Minutes passed and he saw his pretty hyung who is walking towards his car.

Mingyu is on awe watching him walking.. wearing a white formal coat hugging his body loosely paired with a white slacks that made him look dashing but beautiful at the same time.

Jeonghan open the car's door and get inside..

"Nice fashion hyung.. You'll gain praises again later I bet."

Mingyu said as he started the engine.

While driving.. He notice Jeonghan's blank emotion..

Bothered.. Mingyu speak.

"What's with the face?"

Jeonghan glance at him.

"Naahhh.. Im just.. Sleepy.."

He reasoned. Mingyu is the kind of person not too easy to believe reasons just like that.

But he let it pass. Maybe Jeonghan hyung is just tired. He told his self.

Driving with a comfortable silence..

Mingyu decided to break it.

"Hyung.. Are you dating someone?"

The question was enough for Jeonghan to flinch internally.

"No.."

He said.

"Ex-es?"

The younger asked again.

"Ex.."

Emphasizing the singularity on his reply.

And we're on on our way to his wedding now..

Jeonghan said on his mind.
 

"Then.. You're single. Why not try dating me?"

Jeonghan jolted.

"Stop kidding around Gyu.. You're creeping the hell out of me."

"Im not kidding around."

Mingyu sound so serious.

Enough to keep Jeonghan's mouth shut. He didn't know Mingyu is so bold and fearless.

A-w-k-w-a-r-D

"Hyung.. Im willing to wait."

The younger said. Jeonghan don't know what to say. He can't even look at the guy beside him.

"Yoon Jeonghan."

"Mingyu.. I don't know. Im- Im not yet ready.."

Mingyu smiled bitterly..

"I know.. Im not forcing you. We're still friends aren't we?"

"Sure."

Mingyu has been eyeing the pretty male since he became a model on the same unit with Jeonghan.. But the latter haven't took notice of him

He wasn't ready making a move to get the pretty male's interest.. Not until he took notice of a certain guy who's always wearing hat and mask picking Jeonghan from thier workplace.

Not once but almost everytime.. That's the reason why he can't reach out ro Jeonghan.

But these past few days there's no one picking up the older from thier studio so he took advantage of it.

Approaching Jeonghan is the first move.. Until they became friends not just workmate.

But he know.. Even if he tried already.. The male just treat him a younger brother though he's just a year younger.

"Im Sorry.. Gyu.."

Jeonghan sighed saying his apology.
He felt like he need to.

"It's ok. I think you have already someone particular in mind."

"What do you mean?"

"It's 'Who' not 'What'."

"Who then?"

Jeonghan asked curiously.

"Does Joshua Hong ring a bell?"

Jeonghan choked. He want to laugh but choked at the same time.

"Why?"

Mingyu asked confused of the sudden action.

"We're just friends Gyu.. Really."

------------------



 

Oppose to his expectation,
The wedding was private.. Most of the guest were the bride side family's business partners.

Mingyu is sitting beside the pretty male and observing him.. Noticing that Jeonghan is silent and juat staring at the flowers around the venue. It was a garden wedding where all are set already.

The groom on the other hand is now standing on the right side of the carpeted aisle beside him is his best man named Wonwoo.. his childhood friend.

Jeonghan who is avoiding having an eye contact with the guy is very uncomfortable with his seat.

Enduring the uneasiness he's feeling at the moment.

Ignoring the looks he's receiving from  the groom's family.

They've been trying to approach Jeonghan the moment they saw him but the model is aloof and because of that they are bothered.

They knew Jeonghan and they know something's wrong..




 

"Be ready everyone.. The bride is coming.."

Someone from the back shouted.

All stood up from their respective seats. The moment Shin Ah showed up wearing an elegant baby blue bridal gown.. All of them are looking at her on awe dismissing the parents beside her.

The bride is obviously nervous.
The way her lips quivered while walking nearer to the aisle.

The moment Shin Ah is in front of Jeonghan.. she stopped.

It startled everyone.

All eyes were on her facing the model.. Even her parents are wondering about the sudden action.

The bride walks toward the pretty male and all the people can do is watch. Even though they are dying to know what is happening and what is she doing.

Jeonghan is speechless. He don't know what the girl is doing. The moment they're face to face.. The girl smiled as if the anxiousness that she's been feeling earlier has already subsided.

All of them are surprised..

She hand the flower to Jeonghan..

"Shin Ah.. "

"Take it.." she said smiling.

"What are you doing? It's your wedding.."

Jeonghan said in a hush which caused Shin Ah to smile more.. The flower on her grasped is still suspended between them because Jeonghan is still not accepting it.

People around them is intently watching like what's happening is just a movie.

"Please take it.. Im causing a scene on my own wedding right now I know. Funny right? Well.. I don't really care.
I just want to give you this.. Take it.

I forgot it's name but I know what it means on flower language.. "

Jeonghan who is still standing frozen in his place and gaining stares of amusement at the moment is at loss of words.

"It means Be happy.
Please Jeonghan~ah.. Be happy.
For me.. Please be happy."

Shin Ah said as she held Jeonghan's hand and place her flower on it.

She went back to the aisle where her parents are waiting and they continue walking towards the decorated altar where the astonished groom is standing.

Tears fell from the angel's eyes the moment he finally grasped the sudden moment that happened.

They all sit down because the bride already reached her destination.

"Hyung.. Are you ok?"

Mingyu worriedly asked in a whisper.
Jeonghan forced a smile.

"Yeah.. Im just overwhelmed because of what she did."

He reasoned..

But deep inside he's dying.

Ironic.. The bride gave him the flower that wished him to be happy.. But he's in pain and suffocating hearing their vows at the moment.

"Cheol..  Im so sorry nevertheless Thank you so much for making all of these possible. That's all I can say. I promise to love you in any constance.
Im.. Im so sorry. I.. I love you."

Crying. The bride gave her vow.

They don't know the real reason why she's crying the moment those 'thank you' and 'Sorry' escaped on .

But Seungcheol knew.

He knew from the very first..

He's hurt.. Unfortunately, no one knows. Tears are on the work the moment he heared Shin Ah's vow.

He smiled sadly.. Wiping away his bride's face.. mouthing the words

'It's ok..'

The guests around them found it cute and sweet but the two people in the front knows deeper..

And there's only one thing that they both have in mind.

You don't want to hurt him.
Me either.. But we can't do anything.
If only we can.

-----------------------------