The Frustrations of Being a Leader [RM x Suho] [1/2]

Trouvaille // A OneShot Collection

Prompt By: @bebopchan

-Title: The Frustrations of Being a Leader

-Ship: RM x Suho

Characters: [MAIN] Suho/Kim Junmyeon (EXO), RM/Kim Namjoon (BTS) [SIDE] Kai/Kim Jongin (EXO), Chanyeol/Park Chanyeol (EXO), Baekhyun/Byun Baekhyun (EXO), Chen/Kim Jongdae (EXO), Xiumin/Kim Minseok (EXO), Lay/Zhang Yixing (EXO), Sehun/Oh Sehun (EXO), D.O/Do Kyungsoo (EXO), Jungkook/Jeon Jungkook (BTS), Jimin/Park Jimin (BTS), V/Kim Taehyung (BTS), J-Hope/Jung Hoseok (BTS), Jim/Kim Seokjin (BTS), Suga/Min Yoongi (BTS)

Word Count: 2665

Warnings: Strong language; 

Summary: In which Kim Namjoon and Kim Junmyeon lament their troubles over a bottle of wine and end up making a bet.

A/N: Musicals referenced are Be More Chill and Mean Girls. Harry Potter and Vine is also referenced and I don't own those so please don't sue me, I just got paid and don't feel like spending it on a lawsuit.

-Namjoon - joonstunes - namjoon is very musical, and 'tunes' rhymes with 'joon'. reads as 'joon's tunes'

-Junmyeon - reveluvmyeon - 'reveluv' is red velvet's fanname, which junmyeon is known to be a fan of. he's taken this and added the nickname 'myeon' to the end of it.

 


 

“Junmyeon!” Kim Jongin called, shoving his arm through his jacket. “I’m leaving!”

“Be back before three, please,” Junmyeon called back. Jongin didn’t answer, just slammed the door shut behind him. “ing finally.” Junmyeon sighed, dragging a chair over to the counter. He used the chair to stand atop the counter, and fumbled around on top of the cupboards, pulling down a bottle of red wine.

“Where’s he going?” Namjoon asked, sitting at the table.

“He went out with some friends.” Junmyeon replied, dragging the chair back and setting the bottle down on the table before going back for two glasses.

“Why is it up there?” Namjoon asked again.

“I put it up there because Chanyeol’s too dumb to see it up there, and no one else can reach.”

“Smart. Where are the others?”

“Baekhyun, Jongdae, and Minseok are in Japan for CBX promotions. Jongin just went out with some friends, Chanyeol’s at his family home, Yixing’s in China, and Sehun and Kyungsoo are filming.” Junmyeon popped the top off of the wine, pouring it into each glass.

“My members always hole themselves up and play games all day when they’re not trying to tear each other apart.” Namjoon sighed, reaching for his glass and taking a sip.

“I’m glad my members get out,” Junmyeon admitted. “I feel like when we’re all together, one of us is bound to die. Most likely Chanyeol, but one of us.”

“Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung have started terrorizing Hoseok. They’ll follow him around and just stare at him. They’ve gotten really good at not blinking.”

“Baekhyun and Jongdae tried to do something like that to Minseok, and Minseok hit Baekhyun so hard he passed out for almost half an hour.”

Namjoon laughed. “Do Baekhyun and Minseok bicker a lot?”

Junmyeon shot Namjoon an exasperated look. “Every. Day. I once literally had to have Sehun help me drag Baekhyun away before someone died.”

“I feel like I need to get two separate dorms sometimes.”

“I feel like your members would be like, ten times easier to manage.”

“Wanna bet?” Namjoon laughed. “They’ll give you a run for your money- literally, I’m pretty sure Jungkook hasn’t paid for like, anything in his life.”

“How’s your schedule look for...say, Friday?”

Namjoon pondered a moment before pulling out his phone. “Not much. A music show performance in the evening, pre-recording in the afternoon, and before that some practice.”

Following suit, Junmyeon also pulled out his phone to glance at his schedule. “CBX return, Chanyeol flies out to France, Yixing is still in China, Kyungsoo has a small filming in the afternoon, and after that a CF.”

“Friday works then. We’ll switch back before the CF?”

“I’m not in it. I just have to be there.”

Namjoon laughed. “Strangely, I think they’ll listen to you more than they ever did me.”

“I think you’ll be calling me at noon begging to switch back.”

~•~

Friday soon rolled around, and there was Kim Namjoon, standing in the EXO dorm, already regretting his decision.

“Where’s Junmyeon?” Sehun asked, sitting beside Jongin at the table. “Is he dead? Is it bad that there’s a small part of me that hopes so? Is he coming back?”

“Dummy, if he’s dead he’s not coming back.” Jongin shot.

“He could come back as a zombie.”

But since the zombie army’s yet to descend, and the period is going to end, I’m just trying my best to pass the test and survive!” Park Chanyeol came skidding in, singing at the top of his lungs.

A chorus of “Chanyeol, shut up!” was heard throughout the dorm.

“He always does that.” Sehun told Namjoon, gesturing to the older. “Every time one of us turns on a video game he sings-“

It’s an effed up world but it’s a two player game!” Chanyeol filled in, and then tried to do some weird kick type dance, but ended up tripping and falling back. “Ow!” he cried. “My hurts.”

“It’s what you deserve.” Do Kyungsoo said, a mug of coffee in one hand as he walked out into the room.

“Please don’t step on me.” Kyungsoo ignored the boy’s wishes and stomped harshly on his leg, causing him to cry out in pain again.

“Junmyeon!”

“Junmyeon’s not here.” Namjoon said.

Chanyeol’s head whipped around as he started to panic. “What did you do to Junmyeon?”

“We switched places. We thought it’d be funny.”

“It’s not,” Sehun chided. “You’re not funny. He’s not funny,” Sehun stood up, sighing. “Why must I do everything around here? I really do deserve an award. I mean, I manage to be the hot one, the gay one, the funny one, and the rich one all at once. How I do it, I don’t know.”

He dramatically placed the back of his hand to his forehead as he walked out.

“You’re also the dramatic one.” Jongin rolled his eyes.

“See! I’m everything!”

“I want to be the dramatic one.” Chanyeol pouted from the floor.

“You can’t. You’re the stupid one.” Jongin told him.

“But I don’t want to be the stupid one.”

“You get what you deserve, not what you want.” Sehun chided from the other room.

 


joonstunes: you wanna switch back yet?
reveluvmyeon: no I’m fine everything is fine I am not at the hospital
joonstunes: WHAT DID YOU DO
reveluvmyeon: IT WASNT ME
joonstunes: WHAT HAPPENED


“You can’t control me!” Kim Taehyung yelled, the dark makeup Park Jimin claimed was the from the blood of his fallen enemies smeared over his face as he turned all the burners on the stove on high.

Standing atop the table, shirtless, with the makeup covering his face, neck, and torso, Jeon Jungkook let out a guttural yell.

“Please get down from there,” Kim Junmyeon pleaded. He held his arms out, offering to help the young boy off of the table, but Jungkook just stomped on his hand, hitting his fingers harshly against the table. He cried out in pain, holding his fingers when he was able to retrieve them from under Jungkook’s heel. “I think you just broke my fingers!”

Junmyeon’s attention to the pain in his fingers was soon shifted to the pain in his back, and Jimin began to pummel him to the ground with a foam bat (that still really hurt like cheek on a stick).

“Stop! Stop! Please!” Junmyeon cried out from the floor, shielding his face from Jimin’s bat.

“Guys!” Kim Seokjin called out, stepping out into the kitchen. “Beat Namjoon a little more quieter, okay? Yoongi’s still sleeping.”

The boys stopped dead in the tracks, Taehyung turning one of the burners off and Jimin tossing the bat away.

“I’m not Namjoon,” Junmyeon said quietly, still on the floor. “I’m Junmyeon and I think my fingers are broken.”

“Oh, sorry,” Jin muttered, kneeling on the floor near Junmyeon. “Let me see.”

Junmyeon held his hand out towards Jin, who took it in his. After a moment of looking at it, he came to a conclusion.

“Yeah, I’d say those are pretty broken.”

“Don’t worry,” Jungkook said wondrously. “I know how to fix this.”

He leaped off of the table, stumbled forward a few steps, and fell flat on his face. “I’m good!” he cried, picking himself up and running off.

He returned a few moments later, most of the makeup cleared away from his face except a small part made to look like a lightning bolt on his forehead and two circles around his eyes to resemble glasses. He clutched a knitting needle in his hand, and knelt down beside Junmyeon and Jin, taking Junmyeon’s hand and gently touching the knitting needle to it.

“Skele-Gro.” he whispered.

“Jungkook, it doesn’t work like that,” Jin said softly, pushing the makeshift wand away. “But thank you. I think I’ll just take him to the hospital. Do you want to come?”

Jungkook shook his head. “It’ll work, just wait. Did you know I cured cancer?”

“ cancer doesn’t exist.” Jimin argued.

“I did it.”

“I feel like I’ve heard that somewhere before.” Junmyeon muttered.


joonstunes: you good tho?
reveluvmyeon: yea thanks
joonstunes: Anyways should i be taking the duct tape off of Chanyeol’s mouth or am I okay to leave it there
reveluvmyeon: who put it there and what was he doing
joonstunes: singing mean girls really loud and Kyungsoo
reveluvmyeon: HE WAS DOING KYUNGSOO???
reveluvmyeon: wait


“Kyungsoo, please take the duct tape off of Chanyeol’s mouth. Jongin, please put your shoes on properly. We need to leave in five minutes!” Namjoon exclaimed, attempting to get all of them in line.

“Where are we even going?” Sehun asked, fixing his hair in a mirror.

“To get the others from the airport.”

“Yixing?” Jongin asked expectantly.

“No, Minseok and…the other two.”

“Baekhyun!” a now duct tape-less Chanyeol cheered, pushing his way to the door. “Let’s go! Let’s go!”

Namjoon quickly ushered everyone out and into a car, and after a pit stop for food for Jongin, he finally was able to herd all four into the airport. Instead of picking up three others and sending Chanyeol off, the four ended up waiting for an hour.

“Namjoon.” Jongin whined. “I’m hungry. When can we leave?”

“Once the others get here. And I just fed you.”

“Well, I’m hungry again.”

“I’m hungry, too.” Chanyeol chimed in.

Namjoon sighed, digging out his wallet and handing Chanyeol a few bills. “Go find something.”

“I’m coming too!” Sehun shouted, getting up and chasing after Chanyeol and Jongin after the thanked Namjoon and made their way to find food.

“Me too!” Kyungsoo said, following suit. “I don’t want to be left alone.”

“Wow, okay, thanks.” Namjoon muttered, slipping his wallet back into his pocket and replacing it with his phone.


joonstunes: when are cbx supposed to land??
reveluvmyeon: they were supposed to an hour ago
joonstunes: no one’s here
reveluvmyeon: WHA T
reveluvmyeon: so uh
reveluvmyeon: funny story
reveluvmyeon: ya boi Read the schedule wrong
reveluvmyeon: everything I told you is next week
reveluvmyeon: you need to take them to their hairdressers it’s Chanyeol’s turn to get his hair bleached
reveluvmyeon: Jongin will scream cry and try and run away
reveluvmyeon: bribe him with kfc I’ll pay you back
reveluvmyeon: Chanyeol will be a little difficult but if you can handle tearing Jungkook away from his video game Chanyeol will be easy
joonstunes: I told yoongi to do that did he not??
reveluvmyeon: he’s still sleeping
joonstunes: Get Jin to wake him he can take a hit
joonstunes: Jimin will try
joonstunes: DONT LET HIM
joonstunes: it’ll be your second hospital trip of the day


“Jin?” Junmyeon asked, looking up from his phone. “Can you do me a favour please?”

“Sure.”

“Can you wake Yoongi for me?”

Jin’s face immediately paled. “Yes.” he squeaked.

He ran off, and Junmyeon assumed it was to wake the other boy, but Jin soon returned a few moments later with a roll of tape and two pillows pressed to his back and torso.

“Tape me,” Jin instructed, holding the roll out to Junmyeon, who, without question, walked a few circles around Jin, securing the pillows to his body. “Thanks.”

And with that an armoured Kim Seokjin grabbed the broom and marched back off to the bedrooms.

A few moments later a high pitched scream was heard.

“ off, !” Min Yoongi cried, and Junmyeon could see Yoongi chase Jin out of his room, hitting him repeatedly over the head with the broom.

“This is normal!” Jin cried amidst the beating. “I’m fine!”


joonstunes: how’d it go?
reveluvmyeon: you’re gonna need a new broom
joonstunes: normal
reveluvmyeon: how’d the hairdressers go?
joonstunes: pulling in now
reveluvmyeon: good luck my fallen brother


“Get him!” Sehun yelled, and both he and Kyungsoo instinctively wrapped their arms around Jongin as he bolted for the door.

“It’s not that bad!” Namjoon said, trying to console Jongin as Chanyeol called out desperately to him from the chair.

“I’ve already bleached my hair!” he cried. “It’s Kyungsoo’s turn! He never changes his hair!

“Kyungsoo is going to die!” Jongin shouted, and both boys readjusted their grip on him.

“Jongin, we’re not doing anything to you!” Namjoon said, again trying to console him. “Just a trim. Look, Kyungsoo will go first and everything.”

Namjoon took Kyungsoo’s spot in holding back Jongin, and Kyungsoo was proving to be much easier than Chanyeol, who was trying to tell the hairdresser he wasn’t Chanyeol and he didn’t speak Korean.

A few seconds later, the hairdresser the electric clippers, and Kyungsoo was soon out of his seat.

“No!” he shouted, shoving Sehun out of the way as he made his way out the door. “Not again!”

“He’s fast.” Namjoon muttered as they watched Kyungsoo take off down the street and round a corner.


joonstunes: so only Chanyeol and Jongin ended up getting their hair done
joonstunes: we’ve sent out an amber alert for Kyungsoo and Sehun says he’ll do his own at home
reveluvmyeon: so Hoseok wasn’t kidding about that amber alert


“I told you!” Jung Hoseok teased as he leaned over, the other boys following suit in the stretch. “The Internet is always right.”

“Are they usually like that?” Jungkook asked, the Harry Potter makeup still on his face.

“They’re usually a lot worse.” Junmyeon admitted.

“Myeon?” Jin asked. “Can you rap?”

“I can try.”

“‘Cause you’ll need to take over Namjoon’s lines. I’m not worried about your dancing. Your ‘Artificial Love’ fancams are really nice, by the way.”

“Thanks. I think your ‘Awake’ performances are really great, too.”

“Okay!” Hoseok interjected, clapping his hands together. “For Junmyeon’s sake, we’re going to run this through once vocally without choreo. I’ll count us in.”

He did, and after Junmyeon had finished his line, Hoseok waved his hands in the air. “Cut! Cut! Jungkook, switch spots with Junmyeon.”

“Why not me?” Taehyung pouted as Jungkook cheered for himself, switching spots with the new fill in leader.

“Because Junmyeon fits Jungkook’s vocal colour more.”

“But Jungkook’s wearing red. Both Junmyeon and I are wearing blue.”

“That’s not what I meant.”

“You never let me do anything! I’m leaving!”

Taehyung stormed out of the practice room, and Hoseok just turned around the face the mirrors.

“Let’s run this through with choreo. Don’t worry- he’ll be back with food soon.”

Hoseok was right.

“Pizza, anyone?”


joonstunes: is it okay if I bring the boys to the music show and we can switch back after
reveluvmyeon: you sure you don’t want them for one more day?
joonstunes: noah fence but hell no


“Are we going to see Junmyeon?” Sehun asked, craning his neck to see the stage.

“I want to see Baekhyun.” Chanyeol pouted.

“You can see Baekhyun next week.” Namjoon told him.

“I miss Baekhyun. I’m going to call Baekhyun,” he ignored Namjoon’s protests, pulling out his phone. “Baekhyun? Baekhyun! I miss you! Are you having fun? Yes, yes, blue candies. Please. I’m blond now! Did you get the photo I sent you? You like it! Yeah, I like it too.”

“He told me earlier he hated it.” Namjoon whispered.

“Baekhyun said he liked it.” Kyungsoo said.

“If Baekhyun says he likes it, Chanyeol likes it.” Sehun added.

“Chanyeol just does anything Baekhyun tells him to do,” Jongin finished. “I once watched him put his hand in a pot of boiling water.”

“I can’t wait to go home.” Namjoon sighed.


joonstunes: idk how you do it
reveluvmyeon: idk either
reveluvmyeon: idk how you’re still sane
joonstunes: I lost any sanity I may have had a long time ago
reveluvmyeon: same time next week?
joonstunes: no
joonstunes: I could barely handle 4 Let alone 12
joonstunes: Wait that’s not right
joonstunes: 11?
joonstunes: 10?
reveluvmyeon: keep going
joonstunes: 9?
reveluvmyeon: STOP
reveluvmyeon: well technically 8
reveluvmyeon: cause I wouldn’t be there
joonstunes: yea never again
reveluvmyeon: you’ll still come over Tuesday??
joonstunes: yea
joonstunes: Jimin’s still okay to come over??
reveluvmyeon: send him over whenever I need Chanyeol to shut up about it

 

FIN

Part 2: Pocket-Sized Revenge


YALL OT8 STANS TH O T

Also sorry for the unintentional hiatus!!! I've started a new job and school so I've quite busy haha, I will try my best to get back to regular updating with this, but I want to make them as best as possible for youuuu 

anyways stream hi high by loona