We Are Not Sisters [UmRin]

Trouvaille // A OneShot Collection

Prompt By: @SHINeeMe08

-Title: We Are Not Sisters

-Ship: UmRin

Characters: [MAIN] Yerin/Jung Yerin (GFRIEND), Umji/Kim Yewon (GFRIEND)

Word Count: 448

Warnings: N/A

Summary: In which Jung Yerin and Kim Yewon are confused for siblings, but it’s practically the exact opposite.

A/N: This is just a short little one 'cause I thought it was cute :,) I have some lomgr ones coming tho

 


 

Jung Yerin and Kim Yewon are not sisters.

It’s true, they looked a little bit alike, the same dark hair, dark eyes, soft jawline, carefully shaped nose.

Their names were alike, and when people read ‘Yerin’ and ‘Yewon’ off of a sheet, they assumed they were sisters.

Yerin and Yewon shared a birthday, just different years. And when people looked at that, along with their names, people thought they were not only sisters, but twins.

The two were close enough to be sisters, and when they were young considered themselves soul sisters.

Their mothers had been best friends growing up, and Yerin and Yewon had grown up quite close, too, whether they liked it or not.

They grew up together, playing fairies and other imaginary games together at school.

Eventually, they grew out of singing competitions on the schoolyard with other girls and into gossiping with the same ones, and spying on boys as they played soccer on the field, watching them run and jump and try to grasp onto and hang off of the field posts.

They soon, too, grew out of that, and migrated to mingling with the boys, watching their girl friends get boyfriends and hanging out on the basketball court, taking turns standing underneath the net and huddling together by the wall for warmth in the winter.

But it was always Yerin and Yewon.

As they moved into high school, they discovered things about themselves, like that Yerin was surprisingly good at flipping pancakes, and that Yewon really didn’t get along with Jeon Somi, and that both of them didn’t really like boys.

“They have cooties.” Yewon said once, causing Yerin to almost fall down the staircase in laughter.

As their friendship turned into a relationship, the kisses they greeted with each other slowly growing with passion and feelings, the hand holding that was once platonic becoming romantic and the silence that was once comfortable now holding a thousand words.

At 10, Yerin and Yewon were asked “are you two sisters?” by a supply teacher, and they both insisted they were just friends.

“We are not sisters.”

“We are just friends.”

At age 14, they were asked by a classmate, “Are you two sisters?” After exchanging nervous glances with each other, they answered,

“We are not sisters.”

At age 18, they were asked by a friend’s boyfriend, “Are you two sisters?” Again, they exchanged glances again, a knowing smile tugging at their lips.

“We are not sisters.”

“We are girlfriends, though.”

Even at their wedding, a laughing plus one told them, “I thought you two were sisters!”

They laughed in turn.

“We are not sisters.”

“This will go with us to the grave.”

 

FIN