My Sin or Your Crime? [Jungkook x OC]

Trouvaille // A OneShot Collection

Prompt By: @Mintybubblegum

-Title: My Sin or Your Crime?

-Ship: BTS’ Jungkook x OC (Park Saeron)

Characters: [MAIN] Park Saeron (OC); Jeon Jungkook (BTS)  [SIDE] Jung Haeri (P.O.P); Cha Eunwoo (ASTRO); Jeon Woong (AB6IX); Baekho/Kang Dongho (NU’EST); Woozi/Lee Jihoon (SEVENTEEN); Jang Woohyuk (H.O.T); Bada/Choi Sunghee (S.E.S)

Word Count: 3615

Warnings: Depictions of violence; character death; strong language; murder 

Summary: In which Park Saeron wants Jeon Jungkook’s attention, but Jungkook needs her to cover up his dark past. 

A/N: @Mintybubblegum provided a further prompt for this; ‘A wise person once told me, "Even light can make you blind," and I was blind by my sin of being greedy while you did your crime of luring me into this pool of lies.’ which is great! Thank you! 

 


 

“Not exactly what I had in mind for a first date.” I sighed, plunging the plain, pale blue tee shirt into the sink I had filled with cold water again, letting the cloth I was using to scrub the blood stain out dangle over the faucet.

“You call this a first date?” Jeon Jungkook shot back. He knelt on the cold cement floor behind me, wrapping white gauze around the arm of the body.

“Well, kinda. At first, at least. I wore my cute ‘first date’ dress and everything,” I stopped trying to scrub the blood of his shirt to turn and face him, gesturing to my yellow and white checked sundress. It had blood splatters up the right side of it now. “Now you’ve gone and gotten blood all over it. This is going to be harder to get out.”

“You’re welcome,” Jungkook grumbled, moving to wrap the other arm. “It was an ugly dress in the first place.”

 


 

I had only known Jeon Jungkook for a month leading up to our first date, if you could even call it that.

Jungkook was the new transfer student to our school, and although I had never heard of him before, everyone else avoided him as if he had some highly contagious disease.

I braved up and took to the challenge of befriending him.

It was tough at first; he seemed like he didn’t want to have friends or be close to anybody. But I wasn’t taking no for an answer; he was either my friend or he became friends with someone else. No matter what, by the end of it, he had at least one friend.

My friend Jung Haeri tried to warn me against it; warn me of him.

“I heard from Cha Eunwoo that he has a criminal record,” she told me one day, and I could see the fear in her eyes. “He says Jeon Woong says he was charged with murder, but I think he’s overexaggerating it. If he was charged with murder he would be in jail. But he could be charged with physical assault or something.”

After Jungkook got in a fight with Kang Dongho, atop Haeri’s warning, I should’ve stayed away. If he didn’t want friends, it wasn’t my job to do so.

“I just feel responsible for him,” I told Haeri. “Like, drawn to him somehow. But not a crush; don’t think that way,” I hushed her quickly before she could poke fun at me, but the mood didn’t call for that. She knew I was serious. “Like he moved here for a reason. He’s dark and moody, yes, but he can’t be like that all the time. He has to be light and funny sometimes. I can make him see the positive.”

Haeri sighed, giving me a pitiful look. “Even light can make you blind. He’s not your glam job.”

Still, I stuck with Jungkook. I had other friends, but he acted differently towards me than they did. 

He looked me in the eyes when I talked. Walked me home at night. Brought me lunch. Listened to the music recommendations I gave him and advised me on what colour I should dye my hair.

I liked the attention he gave me. I became greedy with it; obsessed, even. Part of me looked at Jungkook as more than a friend, and the other part wanted to be with him as much as I could.

It took me three weeks to catch onto Jungkook’s lies.

First, he told me that he lived alone with his father, being an only child. His parents divorced, and he didn’t see his mother often. He didn’t know where she was; probably dead.

Then he told me he moved from Busan, and he had grown up there.

I caught him slip up.

He told me his mother had made him lunch one day. I didn’t think anything of this; maybe she had come back and was trying to make an effort. This was personal, and if he wanted to tell me about he would. Then he told me his old high school was Sugaek High. I had friends that went to that school; it was here in Seoul. I looked it up, and there wasn’t one in Busan. Again, I didn’t call him out on it.

Although his stories didn’t add up, I still agreed to go to the movies with him Friday night. He wanted to see a horror movie at the old run down theatre. I should’ve waited until there was one he wanted to see at the regular theatre, but there I was, standing next to him in the alleyway later that night, blood splattered up the side of my cute first date dress.

 


 

Jeon Jungkook told me he was going to the washroom while I bought our movie tickets from the box office.

I waited for him in the lobby for roughly ten minutes when he text me, asking me to meet him outside. I didn’t think much of it; maybe he got cold feet and didn’t want to see that movie anymore. Maybe he felt ill and needed some fresh air. 

I found him in the alleyway beside the theatre. 

I didn’t see what happened between him and Lee Jihoon.

I heard an awful whack, and blood splattered up my dress and onto my face.

I screamed, but Jungkook’s bloodied hand was over my mouth, shutting me up.

I could see Lee Jihoon’s dead body sprawled out on the pavement, blood seeping from his head, staining his bleached blond hair as it formed a pool around him.

“We have to go.” I said.

“Help me with this.” he said.

Once again, I agreed, although I shouldn’t’ve.

 


 

“What do we even do with him?” I asked as I took the cloth in my hands, dipped it in the small dish of salt water I had, scrubbing at the shirt. 

I tried to be calm, but internally, I was freaking the out. 

“You,” Jungkook breathed, wrapping one of Jihoon’s legs. “Are going to take him out to the backyard. You’re going to throw him in the pit, douse him in gasoline, strike a match, and burn this motherer.”

“You have to help me dig, then.” I said. I should’ve been saying no. I’m leaving, have fun with your blood stained shirt.

“It’s already dug?”

“What?”

Was this premeditated? How and why the did Jungkook have a pit deep enough to burn a body in in his backyard?

“I’ll take the top layer off. It was there if I ever needed it.”

“You had a feeling you’d be torching bodies?” I asked, stopping my scrubbing to stare at him.

He shrugged. “You never know.”

I sighed, dropping the shirt into the cold water. “You confuse me, you know. I think I deserve some answers, considering you’ve dragged me into this.”

Jungkook had started wrapping Jihoon’s other leg now. “Ask away.” As usual, he was stoic, unbothered, as if this was his normal every day for him.

“You know they say that you have a criminal record.”

“Who said that, Saeron?”

His tone scared me. I wasn’t friends with Cha Eunwoo, not really, but I didn’t want to rat him out. I didn’t know what happened between Jungkook and Jihoon, but if Jungkook killed Jihoon in the span of ten minutes, I couldn’t imagine what he would do to Eunwoo. 

“Just kids around school.”

“Do you really wanna know, Saeron?” Jungkook dropped Jihoon’s leg, looking over at me as he still crouched on the floor. “Do you really wanna know where I came from? What I did?”

“Jungkook, you’re scaring me.” I said, as if I wasn’t scared already. As if he didn’t scare me an hour ago in the alleyway. As if he didn’t scare me two hours ago, when he showed up at my house to walk over to the theatre together. As if he didn’t scare me two weeks ago when Haeri told me what she had heard from Eunwoo. As if he didn’t scare me a month ago when I saw him for the first time, the new kid who couldn’t wear his uniform properly and had tattoos showing through his sleeves and decorating his hands.

“You said you wanted to know,” he said, standing up. “Do you not want to anymore?”

I was a er for gossip, and couldn’t say no. I could never say no to Jeon Jungkook.

“I do. I want to know.”

“I was born in raised in Busan. Had an older brother, but he left when I was five to live with a friend. I didn’t understand why until I was twelve. He ran away; emancipated our mom and dad. My dad was a jerk. Drank a lot. Hit my mother. Hit my brother. He tried to hit me once,” Jungkook was taking steps closer to me, his fists clenching and unclenching. I back up further into the sink, causing it to rattle. “Killed him on the spot. Reached behind me,” he made the motions as he talked, bringing his left hand over his head and then flinging it out at me. “Stabbed him seven times in the stomach. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven.” He made jabbing gestures as he did so. “I did exactly what I’m doing to Lee Jihoon what I did to him. Wrap up the body, dig a pit, torch the body, cover it, and get the out.

“Getting out of Busan wasn’t as easy as getting out of here will. The cops found out quick. I’m still trying to figure out who snitched; say they can’t release the identities of witnesses. I think that’s bull. They came on to me, but had no way to prove I did it. They never found the body. All of it, anyways.

“Still, they put me on trial. Tried to place charges on me, give me jail time. Eventually the jury said they had no reason to believe it was me. Said they felt that evidence barely pointed to me. They let me go, and mom and I moved here.”

This was a lot to take in, but I didn’t really have the time to soak it up as he slowly advanced towards me. 

“Wh-why did you tell me you lived with your father, then?” I asked. “Said you didn’t know where your mother was? That you were an only child?”

“You think my case didn’t make the news?” Jungkook spat. “Everyone ing knows it. , there was a Dateline episode about it. People started to recognize my face. If the rest of the story added up - dead dad, present mom, runaway brother - people would catch on. People can’t hold it to me if everything doesn’t match up.”

I thought that was stupid; he had the same name and the same face. That’s what he should’ve changed. But I wasn’t in the business of telling him what he should’ve done.

Jungkook relaxed; I didn’t realize how tensed up he had gotten. “I’m going to go find a matchbox. Wrap the rest of him up.” he tossed me the gauze, and left, walking back up the stairs.

Carefully, I approached Lee Jihoon’s body, gently picking him up and placing him in my lap. He wasn’t terribly heavy, and he was pretty small. His head and torso weren’t wrapped yet, and his skin was unnaturally pale, cold to the touch. 

I started with the torso, wrapping and overlapping the gauze over and over and over again, around and around and around. I felt that his face should be the last to be covered, if at all.

Jungkook came back down halfway through. He had a matchbox in his hand, which he handed to me. I gently laid Jihoon back on the cold floor, letting Jungkook do the rest.

“Go find some gasoline. Should be some in the garage.”

I didn’t understand why he just didn’t go get it while he was up, but I was glad to pass the task of wrapping Jihoon onto him. 

I placed the matchbox in the pocket of my dress (yes! It had pockets!). I made my way upstairs, opening doors until I found one that led to the attached garage. 

It was unfurnished, and there weren't any cars parked, but junk lined the slides. I found a red jerry can, and when I picked it up, giving it a quick rattle before slamming it back to the ground, I could hear the gasoline sloshing around.

Bringing the jerry can into the house was a long process. It was extremely heavy, and I had to lift it up, shuffle a few steps, set it back down again, and repeat. I went step by step up the few stairs leading to the garage. I left the jerry can in the kitchen, as the kitchen opened up into the back patio.

I went back downstairs, and Jungkook had completely wrapped Jihoon, leaving his face. 

“Do you have a coin?” 

“No. Why?”

“You need to put coins in people’s mouths when they die. It lets them pass on. Go find one.”

I sighed and made my way back upstairs, rifling through junk drawers until I found a silver dime. I went back down and handed it to Jungkook, who pried Jihoon’s mouth open and placed the dime on his tongue, and then wrapped the gauze around his head to keep his mouth closed.

“Now what?” I asked.

Jungkook picked Jihoon up, throwing him over his shoulder. “Do you still have the matchbox?”

I nodded, digging into my pocket and pulling it out, showing it to him.

“Good. I’ll walk out with you, clear the top layer off, and put his body in. Bring the gasoline out, douse him, and then light him up. I’ll meet you back out there.”

“What are you going to do?”

“Covering our tracks. It won’t be long. Is my shirt cleaned?”

I went back over to the sink, pulling the shirt out. The blood stain was out for the most part; someone really had to be looking to see it, but it could be passed off as a ketchup or dye stain now. 

“It’s fine,” I said. “But wet.”

“Leave it out to dry,” Jungkook told me, starting to make his way back up the stairs. “I’ll change back into it before I leave. We won’t look suspicious then.”

“But what about me?” I draped the shirt over the edge of the sink like I did the cloth, and then followed him up the stairs. “There’s blood all up the front of my dress. I don’t have anything to change into.”

“My mom might have something that will be okay, or I’ll give you a jacket to cover up with. That’ll seem normal.”

I shuffled the gasoline out to the backyard, where Jihoon was thrown to the ground, and Jungkook was standing near a pit, dragging a tarp off of it.

“Got it from here?” he asked me as I approached. 

I said yes, even though I shouldn’t have. I shouldn’t have agreed to it, but I did so anyway.

Jungkook went back into his house, and I picked Jihoon up the ankles, dragging him across the ground and letting him drop into the pit. I shuffled the gasoline over, too, took the lid off, and tipped it onto its side, letting it pour into the pit. Once it was light enough to life easier, I moved it back and forth, trying to cover as much of Jihoon’s body as I could.

I don’t know why I did it. I should’ve said no, told Jungkook that it was his murder and he should cover it up. I should’ve been the one leaving the house, not him.

After the jerry can was empty, I dug the matchbox out of my pocket again, lit one, throwing it down into the pit. Immediately, Jihoon lit up, and I stepped back away from it.

I found myself sitting on the cold ground, my knees up to my chest. I didn’t care that I was getting dirt stains all over my cute first date dress, I was going to burn this when I got home anyways. 

I seriously wondered what the I was doing here, trying to ignore the smell of burning flesh wafting up out of the pit. I wondered why I was so obsessed with Jungkook, why I was doing this for him. Did I think that this would make him love me? That this would bring us closer, make him pay more attention to me? 

“How’s it going?” Jungkook asked, approaching me. He was wearing the Bad Religion tee shirt he had changed into earlier, after I took the blue one to wash.

I shrugged, and he came and kneeled next to me. Close to me. “Good, I guess. I don’t know.”

Jungkook leaned in close to me, bringing his face close to mine. I could feel his breath on my cheeks and the top of my lip. It was warm. I could smell his cologne, faint now and covered with the scent of blood and dirt.

“You know, I’ve always liked you,” he told me, and I felt my heart skip a beat. This is what I wanted, wasn’t it? But this wasn’t the time, not here, not now. I wanted something more romantic, something out of one of those cheesy rom coms my sister likes. “There’s no one else I would rather do this with. No one else I would trust this with. You’re special, you know.”

“R-really?” I stammered.

He nodded, looking directly in my eyes. I never noticed how smooth and soft his lips looked…

He brought his face even closer to mine, and his lips brushed mine, but didn’t kiss me. He closed his eyes, and I followed suit, inching closer, trying to close that last bit of distance between us…

A sharp pain in my stomach caused me to gasp, my eyes flying open. I leaned back, and saw that Jungkook’s expression was the stoic and cold version that I was used to, his eyes dark.

I looked down, and Jungkook’s left arm was extended, the handle of a knife in his hand, the blade of it stained red and in my stomach.

“Jungkook?” I squeaked.

He wrenched the knife out of my stomach, and I cried out, crumpling to the ground.

“,” he scowled, standing up. “You really believed all that crap? , it’s a regurgitation of every cheesy, stupid drama ever. I thought you were more mature than that. I’ve never seen you as more than some annoying , and now someone to place the blame on. Too bad you won’t be here next time.”

“Jungkook.” I said feebly, as if I was a child and that was the only word in my vocabulary. How could he have done this to me? After everything I had done for him? I had given my all to him, and he stabbed me in the stomach with a knife.

“See ya.” he titled his head to the side, giving me a sickly sweet smile as he used his foot to kick me, sending me over the edge of the pit.

A wise person once told me, "Even light can make you blind," and I was blind by my sin of being greedy while you did your crime of luring me into this pool of lies.

 


 

“Have you seen the headlines?” Cha Eunwoo slid into the desk next to Jung Haeri.

She lifted her head, wiping the mascara off of her cheeks. “What ones?” her voice was weak and feeble, her eyes red and puffy from crying.

Eunwoo was holding up better than Haeri, but he was still shaken up by the whole ordeal, too. To think he had sat so close to a serial killer, and that Park Saeron, a girl he considered a friend, was gone just like that. He hated himself for not trying harder to warn her and keep her away from him.

Eunwoo placed his phone on Haeri’s desk, the screen lit up to a news article.

 

Jeon Jungkook to go to Trial Wednesday

The recent exchange student from Busan, South Gyeongsang, is once again being sent to trial in Seoul, Gyeonggi. He sits on one account of first degree murder and one account of second degree murder for the murderes of Lee Jihoon, age seventeen, and Park Saeron, age sixteen.

This isn’t Jeon’s first encounter regarding the law and first degree murder charges; in March of this year Jeon was placed on trial for murder of the first degree regarding his father, but his case was aquitted due to lack of evidence.

The murders of Lee and Park have been traced back to Jeon as witnesses in the Deoleoun neighbourhood have reported seeing Jeon and Park carry Lee’s body into the house of Jang Woohyuk, who has been on vacation to Suva, Fiji, for the past week. 

Deoleoun resident Choi Sunghee states that she saw Jeon go into Jang’s backyard multiple times after he left for Fiji. “I thought that he was doing yard work or something for him while he was away,” she shared. “He always came at night and stayed for a few hours. I assumed he was coming late at night after night classes.” 

So far, the Seoul Police Department has been unable to find a motive for the murder of Lee, but police believe Park has been murdered due to being an accomplice of Jeon’s.

 

Haeri couldn’t finish the rest of the article, and pushed the phone away from her, laying her head back down in her arms.