Lowkey Couple [SinJu]

Trouvaille // A OneShot Collection

Prompt By: @SHINeeMe08

-Title: Lowkey Couple

-Ship: SinJu

Characters: [MAIN] SinB/Hwang Eunbi (GFRIEND), Yuju/Choi Yuna(GFRIEND) [SIDE] Byungho/Park Byungho (24K), Soyul/Park Hyekyeong (Crayon Pop), HyunA/Kim Hyunah (4MINUTE), Yulhee/Kim Yulhee (LABOUM), HOLLAND/Go Taeseob (SOLOIST/HOLLAND), Yerin/Jung Yerin (GFRIEND), Eunha/Jung Eunbi (GFRIEND), Sowon/Kim Sojung (GFRIEND), Sana/Minatozaki Sana (TWICE)

Word Count: 1224

Warnings: Homophobia; ual references

Summary: In which Hwang Eunbi and Choi Yuna keep their relationship on the down-lo, fearing the media and their reputations.

 


 

SinB was different from Hwang Eunbi.

Their nature, their manners, how they reacted to certain situations varied, even if just in the slightest.

SinB was a woman who made herself open and ready to the public, a fantasy men could only dream of getting their hands on and a vision women could only strive for.

Hwang Eunbi was a woman who kept herself closed off, only being open to one woman and one woman only.

SinB belonged to the public, and Hwang Eunbi belonged to Choi Yuna.

Choi Yuna belonged to Hwang Eunbi, and Yuju belong to the public.

The two made sure to keep their public and private lives separate. Their SinB and Yuju lives separate from their Eunbi and Yuna lives.

SinB and Yuju were women who smiled for cameras, posing with their other members politely.

Eunbi and Yuna were women who kissed quietly in the dark, and had gotten quite good at making excuses and coverups for when they were close to being found out.

They were good at making games, quiet, late night games. Their favourite was ‘If We Were Out’, and they’d name everything they’d do if it was more than just themselves who knew.

“If We Were Out,” Eunbi began. “We’d come up with a different time every time someone asked how long we have been together.”

“If We Were Out,” Yuna continued, giggling. “I’d hold your hand all the time.”

“If We Were Out, I’d kiss your cheek all the time.”

It wasn’t just the minuscule things they wanted.

It was the big things, too, like the hope that one day they would be able to stand up and announce their engagement, or a marriage, or a child.

But they couldn’t, and they knew that.

The backlash would be too much for them, because two women being together for real, and not for men’s pleasurable fantasies, was unspeakable.

“Think of the other members,” Eunbi had started one day when the two were on the topic. “Not only would we drag ourselves down, but the group, too. If they didn’t make us quit, or force us to leave the group, we’d be publicly shamed. We’d end up like 2NE1- with no comeback in like, three years and not being able to show our faces in public.”

Despite the odds, the predictable outcome, the already many examples- 24K’s Byungho, Crayon Pop’s Soyul, PENTAGON’s E’Dawn and HyunA, LABOUM’s Yulhee.

“Neitzens always target women.” was an off-handed comment by Yuna.

They held onto some hope, though.

“I mean, look at Holland.” Yuna had argued. “With the influx of international fans, they could have influence over our Korean fans. Our international fans tend to be more open-minded. I mean, look at the Kardashians. One of them has something that would be considered a scandal here like, every other day and they get money and a TV show.”

“Our company won’t care, though.” Eunbi sympathized. “We’re Korean. A Korean girl group who sing in Korean in Korea for Koreans. It doesn’t matter if the entirety of the West loves us. They’re not our money makers. Our Korean fans are, and if they hate us, we’re done for.”

So the two resulted to what they knew best- being secretive about it. Stolen kisses, cuddles and hand holding that was passed off as just two gals being gals.

SinB was a woman of many talents. Having gone through precocious training, she was quick on her feet and knew how to handle many situations. Rogue, crazy fans; a heckler or a catcall; an off-guard, unwarranted question; a fall on stage; a voice crack.

What she didn’t know how to handle, what she wasn’t trained and prepared for, was falling in love with a woman she shouldn’t.

At the end of the day, she is ultimately my coworker.” Eunbi told herself one day. “I need to stay professional. She can be my friend, but nothing more. I barely know her. This isn’t love, but rather a mere infatuation. An attraction.

A few months later, Eunbi’s promise went out the door as she trailed her lips down the other girl’s neck.

Another thing SinB was prepared for was a scandal.

She was taught how to handle situations well and professionally, whether the situation was true or not.

She had practiced speeches for imaginary drug and arranged dating scandals, denying any and all allegations.

What she wasn’t prepared for was actually involving herself in a potential scandal, and having all her practiced speeches fail her as she was found out, as she could no longer deny it.

Both girls didn’t know how they got it.

Where they took it, how clear it was despite being so pixelated.

But clear as day, that photo that had caused days now of mixed reactions from neitzens, was SinB and Yuju, Eunbi and Yuna, lips locked.

This wasn’t a situation they could pass off as ‘we’re just friends! This is just what friends do’. This wasn’t a situation they could ignore and would eventually die down. This was a situation they had been caught in, a situation that would only escalate with more time.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Jung Yerin asked, arms folded across her chest.

“You know we would’ve supported you either way.” Jung Eunbi commented.

“You’ll have to say something.” Kim Sojung added.

And they did.

“Buddies,
Hello. This is GFRIEND. The weather is getting colder out! We can feel the chill outside. Make sure to stay warm! Big sweaters are our favourite.
We have some news for you. Hopefully you will all support us and give us lots of love! We love all our fans and never want to disappoint or hurt them.
SinB and Yuju are dating. They have for quite some time. They love each other dearly, just as much as they love Buddies!
This is big news and we hope to still be able to continue on, stronger than before.
We feel stronger now. Do you?
Please support us and this decision, and everything else we do.
Lots Of Love,
GFRIEND”

With the official announcement, there was still a mix of reactions.

Some people furious two members were dating. Some ecstatic.

Some were upset with the fact that it was two women dating. Others had ‘GayFriend’ trending.

For a little bit, the girls had everything under control, and were prepared to face whatever came next.

A statement from their company, saying “GFRIEND’s SinB and Yuju are NOT dating” is not something they were prepared to face.

“I didn’t know we broke up.” Yuna frowned, flashing her phone at Eunbi.

“Strange. I could’ve sworn we were still together a few moments ago.”

Despite the battle with their company, the two didn’t end up facing any consequences. The company deemed GFRIEND as six too valuable to make it four.

They faced a lot of backlash from the media, some Buddies and even fans from other groups. However, they also faced a lot of welcoming support, from “Korean lesbian billionaires Hwang Eunbi and Choi Yuna” memes to “GFRIEND stands for Gays Fonly Revent IEND” tweets.

“Huh,” Eunha frowned at her phone. “I guess the G in GFRIEND really does stand for Gay.”

“You can tell everyone about your girlfriend now.” Yerin told her, hitting her in the arm.

“Sana has already declared it quite a few times.” Eunha laughed.

 

FIN