Let's Dance Together [Jimin x Lisa]

Trouvaille // A OneShot Collection

Prompt By: @ILoveUEvery1s

-Title: Let’s Dance Together

-Ship: BTS’ Jimin x BLACKPINK’s Lisa

Characters: [MAIN] Park Jimin (BTS); Lalisa Manoban (BLACKPINK) [SIDE] Rosé/Park Chaeyoung (BLACKPINK); Jennie Kim (BLACKPINK); Kai/Kim Jongin (EXO); Kim Jisoo (BLACKPINK); Chen/Kim Jongdae (EXO); Oh Sehun (EXO); Jeon Jungkook (BTS); Jeon Heejin (LOONA); Lee Taemin (SHINee); Yoo Jiae (Lovelyz); BamBam (GOT7); Park Woojin (AB6IX); Park Chanyeol (EXO); Suho/Kim Junmyeon (EXO); RM/Kim Namjoon (BTS); Kim Seokjin (BTS); Irene/Bae Joohyun (Red Velvet); Park Narae (Spica); V/Kim Taehyung (BTS)

Word Count: 5392

Warnings: N/A

Summary: In which Lalisa Manoban and Park Chaeyoung seek a ball at Idleworth for the engagement of their friends, and their best interests. 

A/N: i really dont care if this is historically accurate or not, let me enjoy my cheesy bronte novels and yes im reviving jenkai for this eat my shorts. Namwanshire is the fictional country/place they all live in; whereas other places (such as idleworth) are residences. Think namwanshire - hertfordshire; idleworth - netherfield 

 

~

 

“Did you hear that Jennie Kim’s engaged?” Park Chaeyoung asked, picking her cup up and taking a small sip from it as she glanced over at Lalisa Manoban from over the rim of it.

“I did.” was Lalisa’s only reply. She couldn’t think of much else to say on the matter. She had only met Jennie’s betrothed once, but it was a short affair and Lalisa barely had time to form a formidable opinion of the man. He was, however, friends with Oh Sehun, and so she figured him a handsome, sensible man with plenty of wealth, for it was well known that Oh Sehun only acquired the company of those with equal wealth to his. Not lesser, as that made him seem as if he was a vain man, who wished to boast about and flaunt his wealth, but not those with considerable more wealth, as that made him seem lesser and his ego was quite weak.

“I have only met him a number of times,” Chaeyoung continued, disregarding Lalisa’s short statement. “He seemed amiable enough, and he comes from a rich family. He has a large fortune himself. Well-mannered, albeit quiet for my taste.”

“I don’t think it’s a matter of your taste,” Lalisa told her. “But rather just Jennie Kim’s. What is the man’s name again? I believe he also has the surname Kim, no?”

“Indeed he does. Kim Jongin.”

“Any sort of relations?”

“I don’t believe so. At least, I haven’t heard so. Kim is a common surname around here, my dear. You surely must know plenty of people with such a name without relations.”

Lalisa took a moment to think before scrounging up a valid agreement. “Why yes, I know Kim Jisoo, and she has no relations to anyone I know.”

“See? Yet another Kim that lacks relations.”

“Perhaps Mr. Kim and Jennie Kim will hold some sort of ceremony before the wedding. There must be many people that wish to meet the bridegroom. I’m sure their wedding will be private; many of us will not attend.”

“That I feel confident in. Perhaps we must ask them to hold something. A ball at Idleworth seems quite fitting.”

“A ball at Idleworth… why, if I hadn’t known Kim Jennie for such lengths, I would think that such a possibility was so out of reach. But, I have known you for such a lengths as well, and perhaps I would just ask you if I can attend with you. But a ball at Idleworth sounds lovely! I’m sure the company would be great.”

“I believe if a ball at Idleworth were to happen, Kim Jongdae would come around. That is a Kim with relations, methinks - Jongdae and Jongin; cousins, perhaps? Neverthemind, but if Jongdae were to attend, I am positive some man would get him to sing. He has such a lovely voice. Even if I such disliked the couple, I would attend a ball just to hear him sing.”

“Such talent does not get a man  far, though, but is useful for such events. Is Kim Jongdae not the man who owns the tavern?”

“Indeed he is. He has a suitable amount of wealth; enough to be company to Oh Sehun.”

“Perhaps with a ball at Idleworth, Oh Sehun would attend.”

“My, yes, lots of lavish company would attend. I cannot imagine such an event under the observation of Kim Jongin without such. I fear we may have lost our dear Kim Jennie to the more wealthy persons of Namwanshire.”

“I would very much love to be among the more wealthy persons of Namwanshire. Our dear Jennie has done well for herself; she must pass on such luck and fortune to us and allow us to accompany her.”

“I am sure Mr. Kim Jongin will be all the company she needs as of soon. But how lavish a ball at Idleworth would be! We must ask Jennie to ask Jongin to host one. Such an arrangement requires such an event. I am positive the guest list would be long. I would love to assume perhaps almost all of Namwanshire, but of course, Jennie would never want that and a man must keep his bride content. I do not see a lowly guest list getting past Mr. Kim, though. Mr. Oh and Kim Jongdae, yes; perhaps Mr. Park Jimin and Mr. Jeon Jungkook. It always slips my mind if Miss Jeon Heejin and he are siblings or simply eloped.”

“I do not think I have ever caught wind of this Miss Jeon Heejin, but she sounds like a lovely lady. I have never heard of many of the persons you have such listed off; Mr. Park Jimin?”

“Yes, he is an apothecary, I believe. He does not reside in Namwanshire, no, I cannot think of exactly where; a few days walk from here, perhaps.”

“I would have called you a liar if you had told me Mr. Park was the apothecary here in Namwanshire. A new one, perhaps a believable lie, but we all know the apothecary here is still Mr. Lee Taemin. I called him around to Buckwry Estate a fortnight ago to address BamBam.”

“Another wealthy man. Friends with Mr. Kim Jongin, but I heard from Lady Yoo Jiae that Mr. Lee is not on good terms with Mr. Oh. I think that Mr. Kim will either simply not send an invitation to Mr. Lee, for fear of upsetting Mr. Oh, or Mr. Lee will decline the invitation, yet still send his best wishes for the couple.”

“Lady Yoo told me the same thing a season ago. It would be sensible of Mr. Kim to still invite Mr. Lee and for the latter to simply decline the invitation. There shall be no evil in doing such; Mr. Kim can still keep his strong relations with both men civilly. But we must not get hasty; we have not even asked Miss Kim for such an event. There is no need to imagine such scenarios when such is not even possible yet.”

“I will see Miss Kim in a se’nnight. I shall request such of her then.”

“I will look forward to such then.”

The two ladies bid each other farewell after their affair, and Lalisa Manoban resulted to waiting out the se’nnight, but not before sending a letter to Miss Park Chaeyoung, saying she wishes for either a letter back or to see Miss Park Chaeyoung back at Laurenbanne soon with news, news she wished was good and in their favour.

For the remainder of her time, she spent thinking of this Mr. Park Jimin. A new name to her, played lightly and liltingly over her lips and tongue. She brought up the man in her correspondence with Miss Kim Jisoo, who, likewise, no longer resided in Namwanshire, but had rather moved a three day’s travel by a chaise and four to Jechonshire. Lalisa hoped that perhaps this Mr. Park also mainly resided in Jechonshire, and Miss Kim Jisoo had known of him. She stated in her letter, addressed to her, Miss Lalisa Manoban, that Mr. Park did not currently reside in Jechonshire, but she thought that he may have when he was a boy, but had not visited for many years. Miss Jisoo herself did not know him, barely remembered the name and perhaps she was thinking of another Park Jimin, but believed that she did know a number of persons with relations to him. Park Woojin, a close acquaintance of hers, was supposedly Park Jimin’s cousin, and Miss Kim Jisoo said, that of Lalisa so wished, she could set up a correspondence between the two.

In her return letter to Jisoo, Lalisa thanked her but declined the correspondence offer between her and Mr. Park Woojin, but rather inquired to know what he figured about him. She asked that Jisoo invite Woojin over to her own place for tea, and write back what he said concerning Mr. Park. As eager as Lalisa was to know on the matter, Lalisa was not in the business of traveling three days purely for gossip. She was expecting Miss Park Chaeyoung’s return upon Laurenbanne in a few days, and figured it rude towards Chaeyoung if she up and left for Maesong Heights while expecting her company, and the news of a ball at Idleworth. As much as she now longed to see Miss Jisoo, she would not pass up the opportunity to attend a ball at Idleworth and to meet this Mr. Park Jimin she thought so much about, despite not knowing much about his character. She could also not bear to pass up the opportunity to be in the company of Mr. Oh and his friends; she always felt lavish and fancy when with them, but they flattered her and were all quite the gentlemen, which she enjoyed, but did not get to experience much. 

Miss Park Chaeyoung followed through with her word, and after fourteen days’ time had passed, in the late morning, when Lalisa was preparing for dinner, Miss Park appeared at Laurenbane.

“Miss Park!” Lalisa exclaimed excitedly upon her arrival. “Please, you must tell me of your meeting with Miss Kim Jennie! Have we been promise what we wished?”

“I will tell all that I know,” Chaeyoung said. “Do not jump ahead or be too eager. It is not that lengthy a tale.”

“Please, do tell. Must I beg of you for much longer? Must you tease me as such?”

“I quite enjoy doing so; your excitement is pleasing to watch.”

“Would you like to come in to entertain me? The parlour is open for sitting; I can fetch us some tea, if you’d like. I was just preparing for this afternoon’s.” Lalisa didn’t really have to specify the fact that the parlour was free; unlike many others in Namwanshire, Lalisa lived alone, sans the company of others, whether it be friends or family. She had previously lived with Miss Jisoo and BamBam in Laurenbanne. Jisoo had moved out to Jechonshire a year ago, and albeit having moved to Namwanshire with BamBam, whom she had known since she was a child, BamBam hadn’t lived in Laurenbanne for many moons, but rather visited insistently for lengthy periods of time. 

“As aforementioned, it is not that lengthy a tale. I was only with Miss Kim for a mere day; I did not even stay for the night at Idlewood. Would you rather me return in the noon? I do not want to disrupt your preparations and cause you to have to repeat such.”

“It is no trouble, really. If you do not wish to sit, that is fine, but I am growing uneasy in the not-knowing.”

Chaeyoung laughed at this. “My Miss Lalisa, you are quite impatient. I will tell you now; the yester-day I visited our dear Miss Kim Jennie in Idlewood. Mr. Kim Jongin and Mr. Oh Sehun were present, and I saw them briefly, but not for long. I only saw Mr. Oh Sehun the once; he was on his way into town as I was arriving. I had tea with Miss Kim Jennie, and we extended the invitation to Mr. Kim to join us, but thus he so refused, as to not want to intrude on our meeting. We discussed her marriage arrangement with Mr. Kim; she thinks and speaks so highly of him; not an ill word to say of him. I agree with such, for I have nothing ill to say of him and I can only hope that he can say the same for I. Miss Kim seems ever so happy with the arrangement; she says she finds the arrangement very fitting and she’s quite comfortable in Idlewood. Her and Mr. Kim are still deciding what to do with Huncomb; as Miss Kim has no one to leave it to and they see no use for it. Seullingshire is not such a pleasant part of the country and lacks to serve much use to them, not even as a small holidays home, as Mr. Kim already has one in Badatonshire they will use.”

“Miss Chaeyoung, I am ever so happy to know that Miss Kim is doing well in Idlewood; I lacked the doubts that she did not. But please, I ask of you to rush the narrative; will we be attending a ball at Idlewood?” Lalisa interrupted her friend, eager to hear the answer she had waited so long to know. There was so much she had planned for this ball; so much she wanted to do and accomplish.

“I was just about to mention so,” Chaeyoung continued. She didn’t reprimand Lalisa for the interruption, as she so often did so, but rather kept her composure and continued the conversation as if Lalisa hadn’t even said anything. “I did mention a celebration for their match, an event of sorts. Miss Kim said their wedding will be larger than average, as Mr. Kim has the money to spare, but she said she had also asked Mr. Kim for a ball at Idlewood, but he was still sitting on the idea of it. It would not be the first ball held there, he’s a very experienced host, but she said he was unsure of the idea of a ball purely for their marriage; he feared that would make them appear vain and as if there were pressure for him to dance only with her.”

“But with such a highly-spoken match, you would think he would wish to dance only with her.”

“On the contrary. You have attended such balls, Lalisa. You know how boring it is to dance with only the same partner. Some difference is necessary to keep such entertainment present.”

“Jennie and Mr. Kim are both good dancers; I have seen them both many-the-times, albeit I am yet to dance with either of them. I can understand such thinking, though. Was Jennie opposed to such a notion?”

“No; she said she would take no offence if he so wished to dance with other women, as long as he still stayed faithful to her.”

“I take it he objected to such?”

“He did indeed.”

“For dancing with other woman does not always mean you fancy her.”

“Nay, but it can allude to such closeness.”

“So? Is that it? Will we be having a ball at Idlewood or no? For what other events could Mr. Kim possibly have in mind for celebration of marriage? A round of backgammon?”

Chaeyoung snorted at such a comment. “I do not know,” she confessed. “I believe that Miss Jennie will manage to talk him into hosting a ball, though.”

And so she did, and invitations were sent round, stating that Miss Kim Jennie and Mr. Kim Jongin were expecting their appearance at Idlewood the following week.

Lalisa had tea with Lady Yoo Jiae a few days after Chaeyoung’s visit, and Lady Yoo said that she had heard that Mr. Kim Jongin did indeed send an invitation to Mr. Lee Taemin, but after Mr. Lee had been told that Mr. Oh Sehun would be present, he declined, saying his sister had fallen ill and that he felt that it was his duty to watch over her and care for her. However, many people knew that Mr. Lee Taemin did not have a sister, only a brother who had passed away two years ago to diphtheria. Lady Yoo also said the guest list would be extensive; including herself, Lalisa, Chaeyoung, and Mr. Oh, along with Miss Jennie and Mr. Kim Jongin, Mr. Jeon Jungkook, Mr. Kim Jogdae and Mr. Park Jimin would be present, along with Chaeyoung’s older brother, Mr. Park Chanyeol. There were other guests that Lady Yoo had mentioned, but no one Lalisa cared too much about. She was ecstatic to hear that the invitation had been extended to Mr. Park Jimin, and could only hope that he accepted such.

 A few days after Lady Yoo’s visit at Laurenbanne and a few days before the ball at Idlewood, a letter addressed for Miss Lalisa Manoban arrived from Miss Kim Jisoo. She stated that she did indeed have Mr. Park Woojin over for tea, and that she inquired about Mr. Park Jimin. Mr. Park Woojin said that he was a good man; sweet and polite, but nothing too special about him. He was talented with music, but Woojin deemed that unimportant in today’s society. 

Miss Lalisa Manoban was nervous upon arriving at Idlewood, accompanied by Miss Park Chaeyoung and Mr. Park Chanyeol. Being with the siblings was always eventful, as they always tend to bicker and quarrel when they are together as they know exactly how to get under each other’s skin.

“You’d be a ganymede in a get up as such.” Chaeyoung spat at the way Chanyeol was dressed.

“This is normal,” Chanyeol retaliated. “You just have no company to know that. This is high fashion straight from town. It cost a lot.”

“Money wasted is not money well earned.”

“That’s no longer the matter at hand,” Lalisa broke in. “Now we must focus on this ball that we have strived for for so long. We must have learned at this point that this is not mainly for the purpose or enjoyment for our dear Jennie Kim and Kim Jongin, although we shall make it and treat it as such, but rather for our own, so we shall have positive behaviours and remain well-mannered and amicable.” 

“That, word-for-word, is what I was about to say.” Chanyeol agreed as the carriage came to a stop, and, exhibiting gentleman-like manners Lalisa so longed to see upon this day, Chanyeol opened the carriage door for the two ladies, holding each of their hands and gently helping them lower themselves out and onto the ground.

“That, my dear brother, is a lie if I have ever heard one,” Chaeyoung argued. “And I have, as you lie much. However, as we arrive at Idlewood and wait to be graced with the presence of Kim Jongin and his future bride, Jennie Kim, I shall put your ill-manners and your implausibleness aside for the night, and rather enjoy the ball and the dance with men better than yourself.”

With those words, Miss Park Chaeyoung turned away, rather making her way into Idlewood on her own instead of waiting for her company. Neither Mr. Park nor Lalisa bothered to call out after her for her attention.

Miss Park was, however, halted at the door and forced to wait for her company as she was unwillingly engaged in conversation with Misters Kim Junmyeon, Kim Namjoon, and Kim Seokjin. Despite all sharing the same familial name and all hailing from wealthy families, all three men were from different Kim lines, and shared no blood relations. However, there was word that Mr. Kim Junmyeon would soon be engaged to Mr. Kim Namjoon’s younger sister. Lalisa had heard of such news from Jiae, who said, “It’s all just talk. I am not sure how Mr. Kim Junmyeon could ever marry, unless the girl was nonsensical and held no education, but he is far too prideful of himself to ever allow that.” Mr. Kim Junmyeon was not an unlikeable man, but rather just a man that many found easy to want to avoid. He talked too much, and would talk about any and every topic, exhausting everything to its end, that when someone found themselves relieved of a conversation with him, they never wanted to think, nor speak, of whatever topic he had spoken about ever again. Mr. Kim Junmyeon hailed from the city, thus possessing an abundance of wealth. No person knew what his exact profession was, as that was one topic he had never spoken of, along with marital status, as he was quite rigid with both topics. Jiae believed that all of his wealth was inheritance from his father, who was a businessman, but had died many years ago, at the beginning of his son’s youth, due to dropsy. She also believed that he would speak of an array of other topics besides his profession and marital status because he lacked such. Mr. Kim Junmyeon was a handsome man, that many ladies sought after, but he often turned away many of them once they found how unpleasurable he was to speak to, despite his wealth and promise of being able to live comfortably.

Mr. Kim Namjoon was the most bland of the three men. He had no discernible personality, a gibface, and often stayed silent in conversation. He, like Junmyeon, was a bachelor, and rather made no efforts to entrance or even get to know any women. He preferred the company of other men, which had sparked word that he may be a homoual, but he had quickly stopped word of such. Namjoon also hailed from the city, and made his money by practicing law, which was deemed one of the few times he would speak. When someone did find themselves fortunate enough to be engaged in conversation with him, they always exited such conversation with newfound perspectives and opinions, as he was a persuasive talker and such an air about him that people immediately believed anything he said to be the utmost truth, even if it was such a blatant lie.

Mr. Kim Seokjin was unquestionably the most popular of the three men. He was the wealthiest, making his money by owning a factory, although he did no actual manual labour himself, but he could be handy when he wanted to be. He was the handsomest, and when ladies ran from Mr. Kim Junmyeon they ran towards him, all vying for the slightest inclination of proposal. He had proposed to Miss Bae Joohyun of Hyunheejomshire, a small shire in the north of country, but everyone was shocked when she had rejected him. Miss Bae came from little to no money, but, under mysterious circumstances, came into the possession of a handful of money, enough to live comfortably with a husband and to appear well. It was assumed that she had spent some time as a hedge-ranger, as that was the only plausible and believable explanation. People believed that she would be ecstatic at Mr. Kim Seokjin’s proposal, but word was that she had rejected him harshly. There was evidence of that, as whenever they were both present in a room they did everything in their power to avoid one another. There was little evidence that word that Mr. Kim Junmyeon had also proposed to her was true. Jiae had told Lalisa that after Seokjin had been rejected, Junmyeon had grown angry with him and proposed to Joohyun, but she had assumably rejected him as well, as it was well known that Joohyun remained unmarried. “She has little business rejecting such desirable men,” Jiae had said over tea one morning. “For a woman with such unstable wealth as she, one would think she would accept the first prospect of comfortable living. She must think ill; perhaps it is custom where she is from. Hyunheejomshire sounds like a strange place, and so the people from such a place must follow suit.”

Mr. Park Chanyeol and Lalisa had approached the three men with intentions of saving Chaeyoung from a prolonged conversation with them, but rather, they were also engaged in conversation with them. Mr. Park was amiable with all three men, although his wealth was not equal to the three of them. Mr. Park carried the conversation for the ladies, as he was more used to the company of them than the ladies were, and knew how to navigate a conversation with them, especially Mr. Kim Junmyeon. Mr. Park managed to excuse him and the two ladies from the conversation rather quickly, without upsetting or displaying an ill-mannered image to them.

“Thank the gods for you, brother,” Chaeyoung said once they were actual able to enter Idlewood. “I have not waited for such a length of time for such an event to be held outside in conversation with three men.”

“What would you rather do inside, Chaeyoung?” Lalisa asked.

“Why, I would love to dance with many men, leaving such an impression on them that I shall have at least five men lined up outside my door tomorrow morning, vying for my hand in marriage.”

“What would you do in such a situation?”

“I would have them fight for my hand, as the man who is able to hold his roots to the ground the longest most love me the most.”

“You are a vazey ratbag, Chaeyoung.” her brother spat. “No man will ever want to marry you with fantasies like that.”

“You cannot speak of such, brother. You too remain unmarried, despite being the eldest of us two. You will be a flapdoodle soon, with no hope of any sons to carry your name, and you shall die cold and alone.”

“You are a harsh woman.” Chanyeol grumbled. “And I will have you know that I have plans of proposing to Lee Jieun soon. We have been conversing for some time now.”

“I will speak with her. I am sure she hates you, just will not tell you.”

“Both of you shall shut your mouths now,” Lalisa once again broke in. “We shall me amiable people and behave well, as we are in the presence of company now.”

They indeed were, and both siblings put on a facade as if they had always been amiable towards each other and never once bickered. Park Chanyeol quickly quitted their company, leaving the two girls to be on their own. They looked for other ladies they knew, but many people at the ball were of higher status than they were. They quickly found Jennie Kim, at Kim Jongin’s side, engaged in conversation with a small group of other people whom Chaeyoung and Lalisa did not recognize. They also spotted Lady Yoo Jiae, but she too was engaged in conversation with Park Narae, and so they decided to leave the two alone. As much as Lalisa enjoyed Lady Yoo’s company, specifically over tea, she preferred it when it was just the two of them, as Lady Yoo could talk just as much (if not more) than Mr. Kim Junmyeon. Lalisa told Chaeyoung of her newfound genuity on the topic, relating it to her, with which Chaeyoung replied, “Why, mayhaps Lady Yoo Jiae and Mr. Kim Junmyeon would make a finer couple than Miss Bae Joohyun and himself. They are certainly fitting of one another.”

“Perhaps we should play matchmaker tonight.”

“We should ask Lady Yoo if she is familiar with Mr. Kim Junmyeon.”

“I’m sure she is familiar with him, as she is with everyone. However, whether or not she was actually met him is a different story.”

Chaeyoung laughed at that, and the two ladies continued to converse amongst themselves, lingering on the edges of the dance, until three men approached them. Lalisa recognized one of the men as Mr. Kim Seokjin from outside, who must have made his way indoors with Mr. Kim Junmyeon and Mr. Kim Namjoon, but the other two men Mr. Kim Seokjin was in company of was neither Junmyeon nor Namjoon.

“Ladies,” Seokjin greeted them. “It has come to my attention that you have not yet become acquainted with these two fine men here, and I wish to do so. This fine man here,” he gestured to the man on his left, as he stood in the middle of the two men. “Is Jeon Jungkook, and my other friend is Park Jimin.” 

Lalisa tried to contain her excitement and shock as she was able to place a face to the name she had thought so much of. She had almost forgotten of the true reason of her wanting to attend the ball here at Idleworth, and she was eager to make judgements of the man herself, rather than opinions formed upon the words of Miss Kim Jisoo and Mr. Park Woojin.  

“A pleasure,” Chaeyoung said, and both girls greeted the men. “I am Park Chaeyoung, and this lady here is my dear friend Lalisa Manoban.”

“A pleasure to the both of you.” Jungkook told them.

“Seeing as the four of you are now acquainted,” Seokjin said. “I shall take my leave, as I have other business and company to attend to. I fear that Mr. Kim Taehyung shall make a fool of himself in some way, and I have taken it upon myself to stop such a happening.”

As Mr. Kim Seokjin took his leave, Mr. Park Jimin extended his hand towards that solely of Lalisa Manoban. “Let’s dance together, shall we?” Normally, cutting time and making haste to such actions would have Lalisa confused, and would thus result in rejection, as men who’s only interests were dancing only had interests in harming her and were to be avoided. But Lalisa had thus strived after Mr. Park Jimin for what had felt like an eternity now, and so she accepted his hand, and allowed him to lead her to where other couples danced, dancing silly circles around them.

They took up positions that matched those around them, hands gently entwined with one another. As they fell into step with not only each other but those around them, they struck up small conversation, as no conversation was not wanted or liked. 

“There seems to be many people here tonight,” Park Jimin said. “But more people prefer to stay by the walls and converse than dance.”

“A shame,” Lalisa told him. “As I believe many people here would make fitting couples.”

“Like whom?”

“Both Mr. Kim Junmyeon and Lady Yoo Jiae are often engaged in conversation, mainly one-sided on their part. I wouldn’t doubt that the two would be a fitting match.”

Park Jimin reacted similarly to Chaeyoung at the idea, laughing. “I’m sure if that if the two were to ever start a conversation, they would talk so much that a fortnight would pass and they would be oblivious to such.”

“It would also be the only time in conversation where one was silent.”

“Indeed. Now tell me, do you dance often?”

“Nay, sir, I am not as fortunate as some people in attendance tonight to be able to dance regularly.”

“Such a shame. I had heard word that it was you who had asked Mr. Kim Jongin for such an event.”

“You have spoken of me? For that is not entirely true. It is true that it was Miss Park Chaeyoung and mine’s idea, and we had spoken to Jennie Kim about it, who had in turn persuaded Mr. Kim.” 

“An idea of your part I am thankful for. And yes, I have spoken of you. I had a short conversation with Lady Yoo who had told me such, and the same idea was reiterated by Mr. Kim Jongin himself.”

“I am glad you have conversed about me with such reputable sources.”

“I had heard that you, too, had conversed about me.”

“That is true as well. Miss Park Chaeyoung had inquired about your attendance, and I had inquired about your person. It is true I am not familiar with many people in attendance tonight, but for some reason, your name had struck me and I found it difficult to not inquire after you.”

“I hope for now on, if you have questions for me you will ask me directly instead of inquiring after Mr. Park Woojin. I am not against such, as I had done the same thing once I had heard about you, but I hope that now that you feel comfortable enough to come around my place for tea and dinner.”

“I would love to, my sir. Shall we arrange a date?”

And so they did, and Miss Lalisa Manoban was at the door of Mr. Park Jimin’s estate soon after the ball at Idlewood. They were sure the word would have spread quicker than it did if Miss Chaeyoung had not introduced Lady Yoo Jiae to Mr. Kim Junmyeon that night at Idlewood, and thus Lalisa and Jimin were able to meet in peace without everyone soon inquiring about what events had happened.

People did, however ask the two how their engagement came to be, not only out of politeness, but because for once, Lady Yoo Jiae did not know either, but she did know now that Mr. Kim Junmyeon was indeed a bachelor, and to her, that was all that mattered. 

FIN