Graduation Book

God Is A Woman.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eight. Graduation Book.

“How and when did you know?” Jeon had asked the young man.

 

Jimin answered almost immediately, writing down his response on his sticky note.

 

“When I saw her at the hospital. The doctors told her about what they saw when they did the x-ray on her. They wanted to take it out but she made up something about not having enough money for any operation.”

 

“You could’ve just told me what was actually in her stomach.”Jungkook says, looking out the window. Jimin follows his gaze and then starts scribbling again.

 

“Are there really people trying to kill her?”

 

“Yes,” Jungkook says, “And it’s all because of that bloody diamond. I don’t want you to get into harm’s way so you will be following us to the safehouse. Your friend too.”

 

Jimin harshly presses a sticky note on the back of Jungkook’s shirt. The detective rips it off,glancing at the frown on Jimin’s face.

 

That diamond is more expensive than my life and yours combined..

 

Jungkook hits the back of the young man’s head with a swat of his hand. Jimin gives him a frown instead before sitting cross legged on the floor.

 

Medical equipment is painstakingly difficult to move into a small house. What proved to be more difficult was ensuring Captain Kim that they didn’t need to move the whole hospital into it as well. Hwasa was under stable condition. However,the young woman required a blood transfusion to restabilize.  Apparently, Jungkook was the only one amongst the whole team with O Type Blood.

 

“You’re sure you don’t have any diseases or like that?” Hyoyeon asks him. Jungkook glares at her in return.

 

Hyoyeon laughs  a little under her breath as she slowly sticks the needle into his vein. Jeon shuts his eyes and takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself down.

 

Hoseok’s voice echoes. “He’s scared of needles.”

 

Jungkook growls. “Shut up.”

 

The radio sounds and Jin’s voice echoes. “I have activity three blocks away from homebase.”

 

Jungkook picks up the radio with his right hand. “Any sign of Kim’s groups?”

 

Jin responds back in seconds, “No. They’re solo acts. Two on the rooftops. Third in an escape vehicle…black Merc parked at the convenience store.”

 

“Mercs,”Hoseok echoes, “Just like at GNU.”

 

The detective takes another look at the tube injected into his forearm. The blood transfusion would take another 2 hours to complete. Plus, Hwasa would still be unconscious till the next morning. Jungkook could almost feel the vein on his forehead protruding, nearly bursting open because of the wild thoughts running through his mind.

 

Hoseok has already managed to tie up the loose ends of the medical operation together with their new female friend. Jimin still remained by Hwasa’s side in her bedroom whilst Jungkook’s men were patrolling outside the building. Jin was still outside as well, keeping an eye out for danger.

 

“We move out tomorrow morning,” Jeon finally announces. “There’s too much activity outside. I’m sure those snipers won’t even take a shot. They’re just here to watch and report back to their boss.”

 

Hoseok radios Jin once more, “Do you see any familiar faces?”

 

Jin responds back momentarily after, “Negative. But... they’re making random mistakes here and there. It was easy to spot them out.”

 

Jungkook sits up abruptly at the information, earning a swat on his arm from Hyoyeon. She finally plucks out the needle and sets about carrying the blood bags into Hwasa’s room. The men, on the other hand were at full alert. The detective had grabbed up the radio and was almost screaming.
 

“Do you see anything weird?”Jeon asks, “Anything like those black bands that the GNU shooters wore.”

 

A short pause. “Negative. It’s dark out. Can’t see .”

 

Jeon turned to face Hoseok, hands running through his hair with a solemn look on his face. It’s a repeat of the GNU shooting. Instead of sending his own men, Kim Namjoon has sent in teenagers to do his bidding by force, using a technology they once thought was impossible. Torturing teenagers into murder.

 

Hoseok had already read Jungkook’s mind. He sat down on the couch and beckoned Jimin to take a seat. The mute looked frustrated enough as it is, gaze shifting between the detective and the pathologist. Both cops were unwilling to answer his questions. After some time, Jungkook decided to pull up three ID pictures and show it to Jimin. The three pictures were of the three GNU shooters.

 

“You know them?”The detective asked simply.

 

Jimin immediately nodded as he wrote down another note.. “They’re Hwasa’s classmates from h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter