Point Blank

God Is A Woman.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four.  Point Blank.

Blue eyes. Blonde hair. White shirt. Black coat.

 

Jungkook shoved his way through the crowd. He’d arrived at GNU in 20 minutes yet the News had been filled with reports of the shooting. He immediately met eyes with a couple of familiar faces; some of his subordinates who were desperately trying to get the people to evacuate to safety. Families and friends had crowded around trying to see if their loved ones were still alive.

 

“The you doing here?” One of them spat at him, before putting down the speaker phone.

 

Jungkook merely ignored him and elbowed  him aside. However, two pairs of hands had already yanked him back. The detective’s reflexes worked faster than his mind. A few quick movements and he’d left one cop with a bruised eye, another with a kick to the rib and to top it all off, had an arm around one man’s neck, strangling him.

 

“Let me in. Captain wants me here so I’m here.” Jungkook growled. The crowd watching them had already fled, screaming in horror.

 

“Let the poor boy go Jeon.” a gruff voice spoke. Jungkook immediately let go, leaving the man on his knees and shaking.

 

The captain put a hand on his shoulder. “Glad you came.”

 

“What’s the situation?” Jungkook asked, taking the bulletproof vest given to him.

 

He stripped off his coat, putting it on the boot of a police car before strapping the vest on. The Captain was already laying out the blueprint of the school. Jungkook peered over.

 

“The shooters are located at this corridor of the west wing.” The Captain started, “all the students and teachers are stuck in these two lecture halls.”

 

Seokjin appears by Jungkook’s side, dragging along his laptop. The older man adjusted the glasses perched on his nose, grunting roughly.

 

“You told me that 6 are dead.” Jungkook looked over at the bespectacled man. “Where and when?”

 

Jin then pointed to two corners of the hallway. “2 here. 4 here. I’m assuming that they were unfortunate to be there at the time. Shooters had split up before entering the school through these 2 exits. We’re looking at 3 people.”

 

Jungkook gave Jin a look. Jin then nodded silently; Hwasa was in one of those lecture halls as well.

 

The man cleared his throat then added. “We don’t have any footage of them entering through the main gate or the back gate however. Impossible to hide AK 47s in the school lockers so they couldn’t have sneaked in as students.”

 

Jungkook stared down at the huge building, taking note of the short distance between the university building and the shopping mall beside it.

 

Jungkook scoffed, “They jumped over.Does the school have an acrobatics team? Anyone who’s athletically capable enough to jump about more than 5 metres?”

 

Jin nodded, opening his laptop and tapping away on the keyboard.

 

“You’re telling me the shooters are students?” The Captain exclaimed, not a hint in his tone believing Jungkook’s words. He immediately banged his fist on the hood of the police car.

 

In response, Jungkook merely leaned on the car before gesturing to the main gate of the school. A white cloth had been hung from the rooftop and in bright red spray paint was written:

 

Ahn Hwasa.

SURRENDER  OR WE BURN THE SCHOOL DOWN.

 

“The probability is higher since they know that Hwasa goes to this school.”Jungkook pointed out.

 

“Whoever this kid is....” The Captain trailed off,. “Surrendering her is not an option.”

 

“She’s stuck inside. She’s a smart kid though. Probably hiding somewhere.”Seokjin commented.

 

Jungkook then felt a tap on his side and immediately turned to face Seokjin. Seokjin turned the laptop to face both the Captain and Jungkook.

 

“GNU surprisingly does not have an acrobatics team.” he started, “They do however, have a parkour crew. Was just formed earlier this year.”

 

Another cop then began distributing photographs; screen captures of the school’s CCTV footage, of the hooded shooters wearing animal masks. A zebra, giraffe and a lion. Jungkook scoffed. These kids couldn’t be older than 20. Mere children with access to fire weapons. They could’ve gotten them from anywhere with Kim Namjoon’s workings across the town.

 

“Jin I need suspects. Now.”Jungkook loaded his pistol, hands busy with preparations to go in. Hwasa was his only witness and he couldn’t afford for the kid to die.

 

“These three students.” Jin showed him ID photos of 3 students. Jungkook memorized their names before he marched towards the gates. Armed with only a loudspeaker, he yelled towards the main gate of the school.

 

“We know where Ahn Hwasa is!” Jungkook yelled into the loudspeaker. “We ask for your cooperation or you’re never going to get her alive.”

 

Silence. The minutes ticked by. Finally three masked figures appeared at the front of the schoolgate. Each one held a hostage. Once the shooters came into sight however, the Captain had initiated backup to infiltrate the school using the back exit.

 

Jeon Jungkook did what he did best. Negotiate.

 

He held up the loudspeaker to his mouth, “I know you’re angry. Hwasa shouldn’t have lived huh?”

 

“Your friends ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter