Calico Cat

God Is A Woman.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two. Calico Cat.

Blue contact lenses. Tousled hair dyed platinum blonde. Cross earring dangling from one pierced ear. Jungkook was beyond confused as he flipped through the photographs that Seokjin had sent him the previous night. It looked as if Hwasa had transformed into an entirely different person with the makeup and floral dress she wore.

 

Jungkook adjusted the black shades perched on his nose as he traced the blonde girl’s steps. He was some distance away from the university student; had followed him through the streets of Gangwon and into a shopping mall. The blonde seemed to have a for earrings; she’d purchased several chain earrings from a particular shop. It seemed that she was a regular customer.

 

So far, Jungkook’s impression about her could be narrowed down to three points.

 

Ordinary university student.

Definitely not a nerd.

Blue contacts make her look like a cat

 

Hwasa then picked up a phone call to which Jungkook snapped to attention. He pressed his earbud to his ear. He was leaning on a pillar, hidden some ways from where Hwasa stood in front of an ice cream parlour.

 

“Jin.”Jungkook murmured under his breath,pressing onto his earbud urgently.

 

“On it,”Seokjin’s voice replied automatically,  “Phone call linked to you in 3, 2,1.”

 

The sharp sound of static was heard before he heard a different voice take its place. The voice of Ahn Hwasa.

 

“How did you get this number?”The young woman asked.

 

What Jeon didn’t expect was the gruff low voice that asked in return, “Why did you say no?”

 

Jungkook managed to catch sight of Hwasa’s humoured expression. The blonde woman laughed as she shook her head, “Are you asking for my opinion?”

 

Silence, no answer came. Hwasa was starting to walk away towards the lunch crowd. Jungkook cursed under his breath. He had to keep a fixed distance between himself and the suspect; otherwise, he wouldn’t be able to intercept their call.
 

“I don’t give a about it. Never did. Never will.” Hwasa replied, “You can go ahead and divorce your wife but I won’t be sitting my pretty down for you.”

 

The gruff voice growled from the other line. “You want money right? I can-”

 

“Save it.” Hwasa spat out. “I’m not interested. You lied to me once and there’s no saying you won’t do that again.”

 

“I’ve told you all I know.” The older man’s voice growled out threateningly, “You should keep the end of your deal. You’re mine.”

 

“I’m sorry, last time I checked I am a person. Not a ing object for sale!” Hwasa seethed. Jungkook watched as the young woman gritted her teeth. The blonde was exiting the mall and walking down the street now. “I thought I could keep you around just so that I could have some extra cash but it’s not like you’ll be anything interesting.”

 

Jungkook leaned on the brick wall, choosing not to follow Hwasa into the narrow alleyway that she’d escaped to. The older detective fiddled with his phone, yet kept a close eye on Hwasa through the window mirror.

 

“And right now, I spy a man from the law enforcement as well...who is much more younger than you.” Hwasa murmured under his breath. “Handsome too.”

 

Jungkook finally looked up, immediately met with Hwasa’s sharp eyes looking at him through the reflection in the window. The detective furrowed his eyebrows, yet not at all caught off guard that the young genius would notice him. He kept himself calm, Hwasa was a good looking teenager but that was no reason for Jungkook to get thrown off.He entered the alleyway, finally facing his suspect.

 

“It would be nice if he put down the shades though.”Hwasa murmured. The sound of static. The call was then cut off.

 

Jungkook had no choice but to stand there as the younger girl walked towards him, as if stalking hier prey. Hwasa ruffled her blonde hair, eyes never breaking from Jungkook’s intent gaze. They were mere inches apart when Hwasa finally reached up to remove the shades he wore. She tucked it into Jungkook’s shirt pocket and flashed a smile.

 

“You are handsome.” Hwasa merely commented. Jungkook remained still as the youn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter