The Price For Freedom.

God Is A Woman.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Ten. The Price for Freedom.

 

“Move move move.”

 

Jungkook watches Jin carry out the orders as planned. It had been awhile since he saw the IT expert go out in the field like this. But with the threat on Jin’s back about his gambling habits, Jungkook knew that was the only motivation the older cop needed. When Jungkook had told him everything that he’d figured out over the past 6 hours, Jin had promised him to buy him dinner at the most famous restaurant in town.

 

“Planted the tracker?” Jin asks his partner. Jungkook nods in reply, he’d planted it when he tapped the hood of Hoseok’s car.  Although half of him hates the fact that he’d had to abandon Hwasa with the enemy, when it came down to numbers, more lives were at risk. He’d have to count on the fact that Hwasa would be kept alive to be exchanged for the diamond. They were safely hidden in Jungkook’s coat pocket, in a small cardboard box.

 

Once again, Jeon Jungkook, the miracle detective had figured out the case all on his own.



 

One. Mi Moonbyul is the older sister to Mi Hyunwoo. Hwasa’s classmate who had gone missing 2 weeks prior. Hyunwoo had gotten  hold of the breakdown of Moonshine; the small note from Kim Namjoon’s chemist who killed himself. Moonbyul attempted to surrender the evidence to the police in hopes that they would save her younger brother , but was killed on the way to the Busan Police Department.

 

Two. The hunt for Ahn Hwasa had began only when Jeon Jungkook received her picture at his doorstep. The only person around was Mina Myoung. It made it easier that Hoseok was in direct contact with Ahn Hwasa. The young girl had a sort of deal with the police officer who turned out to be a mole for Mina Myoung instead. Mina then sent out the order to kill Hwasa. By then,she had kidnapped each and every one of Hwasa’s classmates in search of the child who had swallowed the last diamond of the precious collection. Jungkook’s assumption was that Mina needed to find the last diamond to be able to sell off the whole collection to a buyer, if the whole collection was not delivered, the client wouldn’t purchase it at all.

 

Three. Jungkook’s second assumption was that, Mina Myoung had planned this all under his nose. She broke out the kids from bail only to kidnap them, mentally torture them and force them into submission. Her first attempt in sending out the first three kids failed; the GNU shooting. The rest of the kids in the class were picked off one by one since months ago, all in the search of Ahn Hwasa whom had the last diamond.

 

Four. Mina Myoung’s motive. There was only one thing that could keep her going this far. Freedom. Namjoon had promised her freedom in exchange for the diamonds.

 

Jungkook faced the reality. The woman he loved was no longer one he could trust. She could very well be the daughter of the devil himself.

 

“Do we nab them now?”Jin’s voice snaps Jungkook back to the ground.

 

The detective radioes back. “Negative. Remain your positions. Once the first one makes a move, grab them. You need to get them all at the same time.”

 

Jungkook radioes once more, switching channels so that all the officers on the team could respond. “Remember. These shooters are kids. And we can’t kill em. They run fast and they’re strong. They can outrun your ing cars so don’t underestimate them.”

 

In short, their shooters were highly dangerous but lives that Jeon Jungkook was determined to save.

 

“Sir, Mr Min is here.” One of the officers say and Jeon is glad to see a familliar face.

 

“I’m sorry about this,”He starts off, grabbing Min Yoongi’s hand with a firm grip.

 

Yoongi smiles in return. “Anything for you brother.”

 

“You figured out how to disable the bands?” Jungkook asks, tone a little more hopeful than he’d let on. Yoongi was his only chance at solving the ‘band’ problem. Other than being Namjoon’s chemist, Yoongi had helped Jeon to get much-needed information about any weapons that Kim Namjoonn used.The bands needed to be disabled. They were being watched and whoever it was, would trigger the bands before they could even save the children. And on his account, he wasn’t going to let anyone die of gunshot or poison. Not today.

 

Yoongi gets out his equipment from the duffel bag over his shoulder. He hands out small rectangular black boxes, one each to every officer on the team. He starts to explain how they work; the bands receive a radio transmission from a source. So if they could disable the radio transmission from going through, the bands wouldn’t be triggered. No dead bodies to bring back home.

 

“Give me the gear,”Yoongi suddenly says, and from nowhere pulls out a gun from his ankle and it.

 

Jungkook shakes his head. “I can’t authorize you to do that. This is official police matters Yoongi. I can’t protect you here.”

 

Yoongi scoffs. “You think I’m doing this for the kids coz I’m not.”

 

Jungkook knows he’s lying and tosses him the bullet proof jacket. Yoongi straps it on with ease.

 

“I’m doing this for my old man Park.” Yoongi answers in response and raises his cross necklace, kisses it and says a prayer to the sky above.

 

Jungkook pats his shoulder. “Go with Jin. That area’s crawling with the kids. Knock them out. Don’t kill them.”

 

Yoongi gives a nod of understanding. He shakes Jin’s hand and the police officer drops a comment about the custom-made gun Yoongi was holding onto. The seconds tick by too slow for Jungkook’s liking. Sweat beads down his neck, waiting for the shooters to make a move.

 

Both Hyoyeon and Jimin were safely put away in an ambulance, guarded by two officers. Jungkook gave Jimin a sharpened dagger before they left them behind. Though it wasn’t a gun, that was all he could give Jimin to protect himself. And there was only one thing he could say to Jimin and the young man understood.
 

“Protect her with your life. That is a man’s duty.”

 

The first movement is triggered when t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter