A Missing Piece to the Constellation.

God Is A Woman.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seven. A Missing Piece to the Constellation.

Jungkook watches as Jin empties the contents of several yellow envelopes onto the large table. The duo have taken up the main meeting room at HQ against the protests of others in their department. In rank, both Jungkook and Jin were not considered one of the best yet their track record was enough to gain enough respect amongst their colleagues.

 

It’s been five days since the GNU shooting. They were not even close to getting a lead on the Blood Diamonds case. Jungkook had trashed out the meeting room till it seemed as if a hurricane had came and gone. The corkboard was filled with photographs of suspects, sticky notes and red string wrung around bobby pins to connect them. Jin’s messy handwriting was amongst them and now he was in the process of hanging up photos of the autopsies of three different people.

 

Lee Jooheon. Kim Seyong. Mi Moonbyul.

 

Jungkook listed out the clues mentally, trying to keep calm. The detective was running on instant noodles and caffeine at this point. His partner was no different.

 

Autopsy results showed that both died of gunshot. Obvious. The black bands had to be sawed off their arms. The pathologists had concluded that a kind of acid was used to stick on the bands so as to prevent the teenagers from ripping them off. Signs of starvation, dehydration and torture was evident. Jungkook realized that this part of the story was something Taehyung was reluctant to reveal. The detective tipped off Kim Taehyung’s lawyer afterwards when he received the news, thinking that it could help the young teen during his trial. Both victims had suffered the continuous brutal treatment for about seven-eight weeks, the autopsy report noted. It added up to match Taehyung’s story.

 

The band on the other hand however, was a mystery on its own. Hoseok had made the decision, after much debate with Jungkook, to saw it open. Inside, they found a single syringe with botulinum toxin; one of the world’s most lethal poisons.It would be triggered to inject the user immediately by a mechanism installed inside the band. The only way to release the band however, Jungkook figured that out later. There was no key or fingerprint scanner to open the band. Instead, a key shaped into a bullet was used.

 

To quote Hoseok, “A bullet used as a key. If it doesn’t fit or if it’s even one gram heavier, the mechanism would trigger the poison immediately.”

 

Further investigation by the new recruits concluded that the bullet was specifically from an antique handgun. A German Reich Revolver. Jeon knew exactly who owned that gun; Kim Namjoon. In all the time that Jeon had spent fighting against the druglord, he’d gotten to know the man quite a fair bit. This included the story about how Mina’s father, Myoung GunWoo had shot Namjoon in the chest as a form of initiation when he first took over the former Kingpin’s line of work. Jeon didn’t include this in his report.

 

Moonbyul was however, a different story. The woman was younger than the detective expected her to be. Twenty four and a leading scientist/former lecturer at GNU. She had been fired upon her arrest last year for ownership of assault weapons and drug-inhaling devices. However, they couldn’t find any sign of drug abuse on her body or consumption of it either. Needless to say, Moonbyul was a smart woman.

 

Unfortunately, she was not smart enough to run away from Namjoon’s hands. She was strangled and forcefully drowned. There were bruises all up her neck as well as rope cuts around her wrists indicating that she was kidnapped mere hours before.  Jungkook had sent a team to track down the men responsible and they did so with ease. When Jin asked out of curiosity why, the detective merely responded that this was normal procedure. The two culprits pleaded guilty but did not reveal anything about who ordered the crime.

 

Kim Namjoon was the only man behind this all. It made Jungkook’s blood boil with rage.

 

“Okay let’s go through this again.” Jin repeated for the seventh time that night. “Assuming that Moonbyul was Namjoon’s chemist, she was killed by the man himself when she didn’t agree to make any more drugs for him?”

 

Jungkook leant back in his chair. “That’s the first theory. Second one is that the woman wasn’t his chemist at all. We raided her home. There was nothing that could prove she was involved with Namjoon.”

 

“Plus, Yoongi told me that Namjoon’s chemist killed himself.”he added on, “Don’t think the chemist is stupid enough to leave his own fingerprints on the note.”

 

A sudden voice interrupted their conversation. “Maybe you’re looking at it the wrong way…”

 

Jungkook looked up to see Hoseok standing by the door. The man was holding plastic bags of Chinese takeout and beer bottles. He gave the other two men a smile before setting down their dinner on the table. “Maybe she was killed because she knew something. She knew about the drug since she’s got her fingerprints all over the note. So she knew who made the drug and wanted to report it when she saw the shooting on tv.”

 

Jin was already popping a beer bottle open before questioning. “Why would you say that? It’s a long shot to just say she wasn’t involved in any of this. You’re basically saying she’s just a bystander.”

 

Hoseok pointed to Moonbyul’s picture on the wall. “Look at her.”

 

Jungkook shifted his attention to the mugshot of Moonbyul. He mentally ran the facts about her through his head. Twenty Four. Single. Only child of the family. University lecturer.

 

“Does she look like she belongs in that world?” Hoseok asks once more. “Druggies and gangsters and killers. Does she l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter