Moonshine.

God Is A Woman.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three. Moonshine

The smell of the ocean always calmed him somehow. Jungkook could still remember back to when his father had him drive down there just so they could clear their minds over whiskey. He still remembered how the older man nearly drunk himself to death over allowing Cha Nayeon to continue her ‘compensated dating’ services for older men. It was a common practice to Jungkook; teenagers in the city would do so only so that they could afford luxury brands. The girl on the other hand, needed it to survive as a junkie.

 

He walked down the docks, approaching the small abandoned boats left there. His one hand was playing with a lighter. The other holding his small notepad for the Blood Diamonds case in his pocket. The detective thought back to the faked records pertaining Moonshine. He could only draw two reasons as to why it would be covered up so thoroughly.

 

An insider in the police department wanted to restrict all investigations regarding  the Blood Diamonds case.

It could also be an order from the higher ups due to the fact that Busan High School was a private school. They wouldn’t want press to be swarming their gates again

He’d heard different names of drugs before. Mary Jane was common; the name similar to . On the other hand, Prince was rare and almost always mistaken for which mostly led to OD cases due to the confusion. Maybe it was the same case for Moonshine; mistaken for a common drug that had light effects but due to the slightly larger amount the user took, easily led to overdose.

 

A crowd of men were circling the boats like vultures and in the midst of the group, stood out one familiar man. Jungkook made his way through; the crowd easily parting to make way for him like the Red Sea.

 

Jungkook only stopped his footsteps once he came face to face with a tall lanky man. The smell of blood wafted into his nose.

 

“Here to see Min?” The ganglord questioned.

 

“Kim.” Jungkook greeted him, voice low.

 

“Wow Jeon. My boys say you’re not part of the force anymore.” the larger man spoke, “that’s unexpected. Why resign?”

 

Jungkook merely chuckled lightly at the ganglord. “Do I owe you an answer?”

 

Namjoon stepped forward so that he stood beside the detective. “Course’ not, but all the more crucial it is for me to offer you an opportunity.”

 

“No.” Jungkook answered immediately, hands still playing with the lighter in his hand.

 

Namjoon’s lips tilted into a thin smile. “Always the righteous one.”

 

Silence. A sudden banging of a door was heard. Erratic coughing. Jungkook’s eyes remained trained on Namjoon’s piercing gaze. The older man swept his blonde hair back, thumb grazing his eyebrow; an ugly stitch of a deep cut embedded into his brow bone all the way to the top of his forehead. He placed a heavy hand on Jungkook’s shoulder and smiled.

 

“One day. You’ll be working for me.” He whispered before departing.

 

Jungkook walked back to the boat that Namjoon appeared from. He could hear the erratic coughing starting to cease and finally spotted a man’s figure crouched on the floor. Min Yoongi coughing blood. He looked up to face Jungkook with a smile.

 

“Where’s your old man?”He asked, back of his hand swiping off the blood from his bruised lip.

 

Jungkook stepped onto the boat, sitting down on the top of a wooden crate. “He died. Funeral was three days ago.”

 

“Kim got to him?” Yoongi asked

 

Jungkook shook his head “Was just some kid with a gun. Was tryna rob his house when the kids were at home.”

 

Yoongi gasped sharply and with gritted teeth, suddenly yelled out in agony. The man banged his fist on the wall, eyes squeezed shut. He forced out a chuckle, “Damn it. I even got a bottle for him. Italian. It’s the good .”

 

“You can still give it to him.” Jungkook pointed out, “He just can’t drink it.”

 

Yoongi laughed, grabbing a towel and wiping the crimson stain away from his cheek. “Yeah. Yeah… I’ll do that.”

 

Jungkook noted how the drug chemist hung his head. They were silent for a moment; Jungkook giving the older man some time to take it all in. On more than just one occasion he and Lieutenant Park drunk together with Yoongi. Though their professions were opposing directly the Lieutenant never had any problems with Yoongi. He’d drop a comment in their alcohol-influenced conversati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter