Chapter 1

Silence (A JinJi Fanfiction)

Tomorrow would be the day, he thought.

Jinyoung and the other members of GOT7 had just gone back to the dorm from their daily practices. After practicing a new comeback dance for what had been 8 hours non-stop, they were all exhausted. Dancing the same song for 8 hours straight, imagine that. It was not because they were really bad at it, though; they wanted it to be near perfection. And even though their comeback date had yet to be announced but it had always been hectic like this. They would start to get quite busy 3 months before their comeback.

The members quickly found their own businesses. Bambam immediately went straight to the bathroom to take a shower while Yugyeom went to his room to take a nap. The rest of them were just casually sitting in the living room but none of them talked. It was until Jackson decided to turn on the TV that the room became a little bit more lively. He switched to MBC Music, which was broadcasting the music show Show Champion.

"Yah, it's been a while since we perform," Mark broke the silence. They continued to watch the show, silently counting how many groups or artists that had debuted recently. Some of them they had heard of, but most of them were basically groups coming from small companies that were trying their luck by performing in the music show. Just like them back then, they thought.

"Wait, this reminds me of something. Jinyoung-ah, tomorrow is the day, right?" Everyone shifted their attention to Jackson who suddenly called Jinyoung. Jinyoung, in particular, was shocked by the sudden question but understood what his hyung meant.

"Yeah, tomorrow is my first meeting with Inkigayo staffs," he said, and just as soon as he finished talking, the members shot up in exaggerated excitement.

"Wah, hyung, lucky you! Congratulations for being employed for a year! And you get to meet different girl groups every week!" Youngjae cheered, followed by the rest. Jinyoung nod, looking down to hide his smile. Not only because he would meet new co-workers or fellow idols, but MC-ing for Inkigayo was sort of a big deal. He could promote his group every week just by being in the spotlight. Also, he could earn extra money. At least for a year or more, he wouldn't be so jobless.

"Ya, Jinyoung-ah, you'd better do well. I'll be watching you every week to witness your mistakes and tease you for another week because of that," Jackson said. That earned him a not-so-light slap from Jinyoung.

Tomorrow would be Jinyoung's first meeting with his co-MCs. And he was aware by the fact that his future colleagues were artists from big companies. SM and YG. SM, YG, and JYP together. Such a rare collaboration. This fact alone was the reason why the news became so hot. Ahgases cheered for him on every SNS.

"By the way, who will be your MC partners?" Jackson asked, somewhat teasing. Jinyoung was sure that he'd known already, Jackson just wanted to .

"Oh, right. Who are they?" Mark, on the other hand, was genuinely curious.

"NCT Doyoung and-" Jinyoung paused, checking s' reaction.

"-BlackPink Jisoo," and just like that the whole room erupted in shouts and squeals. Jinyoung put his head down to hide his smile and embarassment, waiting for the other members to calm down. They were so loud that Yugyeom came out from his room in panic.

"Wh-what happened? Fire? Earthquake?" The noise suddenly died down as they stopped to look at Yugyeom. But then-

"Jinyoung has a girlfriend!"

"Wh-what? Really? YAAAAAAAAAY, hyung, tell me who is she! You've been so quiet all the time about this!"

"Jackson, don't make things up-"

"It's Blackpink Jisoo!"

"WHAT? That famous YG rookie girl group? They just debuted a year ago! Hyung, Jinjja?"

"No, she is just my-"

"How come I don't know, hyung. Why are you always so mean to me?"

"Ya, ya, ya! Stop!" Jinyoung yelled. "She is just my co-worker. You should have known by now that whatever comes out from Jackson's mouth should be questioned first."

"Ya, Jinyoung-ah! Rude!" Jackson pouted comically. Jinyoung sighed, worn out. He slumped back into the sofa beside Mark who was also worn out for laughing too much.

"But seriously, Jisoo-sii's visual is no joke. She is not called goddess for no reason," Youngjae said.

That girl, Kim Jisoo. She was part of BlackPink, a monster rookie girl group produced by YG Entertainment. They debuted in 2016 and by 2017, they were already super famous. Typical YG, the group was a complete package: voice, visual, and vibe. In just a year, the group gained a big fandom and many senior idols acknowledged them. To top it all, the male idols went crazy for them. It was not a secret between fellow idols that BlackPink had gained many fanboys from different boy groups, including GOT7. Even Jaebum had once pointed out that Jennie, one of the girls, was so pretty, shocking Jinyoung as his bestfriend was not the type to pay attention to this kind of thing.

At first, Jinyoung didn't really care about who his co-MCs were going to be. He was relieved that in the midst of competition between idols, he was chosen as the MC for Inkigayo and that was what mattered. He and Jaebum once discussed about the future of GOT7 in private. Jaebum was under constant stress as there were even more boy groups emerged; fresher and younger hoobae. In order to survive, they really need to stand out more. That was why, when Jinyoung received the news about his position as Inkigayo MC from his manager, he was elated. He immediately shared the good news to Jaebum before he told the others. At least, GOT7 Jinyoung would always be visible to public for another year. To tell that GOT7 still existed.

But then, when he found out who the other two MCs were going to be, he became a bit nervous. One came from SM Entertainment. One came from YG. Meaning that he need to be better than them to show the talent of JYP artists. The negative thoughts started to flowing out; what if I'm not as attractive or charming as the SM guy? They are famous for giving off a royal, dreamy vibe. What about the YG girl? With her popularity now, I can't afford to make a mistake that will make her fans mad. What if-, and the thoughts continued.

He just hoped that fate would be good to him.

~

1 hour later Bambam went out from the shower. "I'm done, guys. Who's next?"

"Me!" Jinyoung stood up.

"No, me!" Yugyeom stood up as well and started bickering with Jinyoung.

"Bye, guys. I am taking a shower now," Jackson stood up to take his towel.

"What? I said it first! First come first served! And Yugyeom, maknae should let hyung go first."

"Ah, Jinyoung-hyung. I'm already so smelly. Here let me hug you so you can smell it."

"What? Andwae, stay away-"

"Kids!"

Suddenly Jaebum shouted so loud, probably the first time since the last time he raged. All the members quieted down nervously to see his next reaction.

"I'll shower first." And then he proceeded to run so fast to the bathroom, leaving the others shook.

"By the way," Bambam broke the silence.

"Who has a girlfriend?"

~

"Okay, unnie, deep breath. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. Okay, say it once again."

"Jendeukie, otoke, I am so nervous for tomorrow. What if everything becomes so awkward. You know me how weird I am, what if the staffs get annoyed of me? I mean, I still can focus, of course, but most of the time, I get distracted. Otoke," Jisoo paced back and forth, ruffling her hair.

"First of all, unnie, you'll do great. Second of all, the weirder you are, the better! What else is the reason you're chosen in the first place? Unnie, honestly, you're weirdly funny. But you're beautiful, beautiful people can be weird and still remain beautiful. No worries there."

"You're seriously not helping." Jennie only laughed.

"Seriously, unnie, I don't understand what you have to worry about! I mean, tomorrow is just the first meeting! The broadcast is not for another 3 days!"

"I know..., but still." Jisoo sat on Jennie's bed. She was tired although she didn't have any schedule for that day. Maybe being nervous could also drain your energy.

Jennie took his phone and began typing something. Jisoo was only looking at first, but then became curious and took a peek.

God, she was stalking her future colleagues: GOT7 Park Jinyoung and NCT Kim Doyoung.

"I feel like I have seen this Park Jinyoung guy somewhere," Jenni started. She kept scrolling through the pictures of Jinyoung in Google. After she got bored, Jennie opened all her SNS to see if there were any updates about this guy.

"Hm, I guess he doesn't really play SNS. Let's move on to Doyoung."

Jisoo was silent the whole time. By looking at those photos, she got even more nervous. Jinyoung-ssi seems like the serious type between the three of us. Doyoung is younger than me, and he looks more playful. What about me, then. What is my role...

"Doyoung looks cute. But I still prefer Jinyoung. Aren't you excited to work with a handsome guy like him?" Jennie turned her head to face Jisoo, finding her unnie's blank expression. Jennie sighed.

"Alright, it's time for bed. I need my beauty sleep." Jisoo started to panic.

"Andwae, don't leave me, yet. I'm sure I cannot sleep tonight,"

"No, go back to your room, unnie. There is no end if you keep thinking about it. Just let it flow. But I know you, I know you will do great. I don't even need to worry anymore. You're Kim Jisoo. The mood-maker of this group. Without you, BlackPink will be a boring group. No variety show will ever invite us. So, go to sleep. Whatever happens tomorrow, happens."

-------

This is the first chapter! I don't really follow the Kpop universe, though, so maybe some stuffs are not really accurate (like the usage of Korean words and such, please tell me if I'm wrong). I only follow the ones that I like. When I first came across Jinyoung and Jisoo interaction, I realized that this ship is the realest! Trust me! I'm a bit disappointed that there aren't a lot of Jinji fanfiction so I decided to make one. Remind you, though, I'm not a native English speaker so I hope everything that I wrote makes sense somehow, haha.

By the way, Chapter 1 starts from February 1, 2017. And from there, the story takes place in a real chronological order. I did my research to make the story feels so real!

Lastly, hope you enjoy! Don't forget to leave any review!