Chapter 7

Better Better [Banginho/Minchan]

I wrote most of this last night at around 3am, so I'm sorry if there are any typos or weird sentences. I proof read it, but I'm a blind bish, so I might have not gotten everything lol

Chan felt heavily uncomfortable when he entered the unfamiliar house with Kangmin's hand on his lower back, like he was controlling him. He’d really been against the older coming along, but he couldn't exactly tell him that, knowing that Kangmin wouldn't react well.

So far, Chan hadn't spotted Minho anywhere, which was probably better as long as he wasn't alone. Kangmin seemed to have this certain hatred for Minho and he'd rather not have the two of them meet. “I should get us something to drink”, Chan shouted over the booming music that filled the entire room. Kangmin looked at him. “I'm coming with you. This place is packed”, he answered in the same volume.

They started to make their way to where they assumed the kitchen was. It wasn't hard for them to find the source of alcohol. Chan tried to subtly look out for Minho since he was the reason he even came here in the first place.

~

Chan wasn't sure how much he drank within the first hour at this party, but thanks to him being a lightweight he was drunk soon enough. At least, Kangmin wasn't following him around anymore. He'd lowkey managed to escape him through the mass of dancing people. Like Kangmin had said, this place was packed...

“Channie”, a soft, honey-like voice called out to him once he'd made it to a quieter, less crowded hallway. He turned around and saw Minho approach him, his hair no longer blonde but a pretty chocolate brown. Chan found himself reaching out and touching it before he could stop himself.

Minho grinned. “You like my new hair?” he asked. Chan nodded, feeling slightly shaky on his legs. He stumbled a little, causing the younger to steady him by grabbing his arms. “Whoa, hey there! Are you drunk?” Minho questioned. Chan clung to him and giggled. “Just a little bit”, he answered. The younger chuckled fondly. “I feel kinda dizzy...”, Chan muttered.

“Okay, let's get you outside...you look like you could use some fresh air”, he said and began to lead Chan towards what looked like the back door. Chan was mildly aware of Minho's steadying, strong arm around his waist.

“My boyfriend's gonna get mad if he doesn't know where I am...”, he slurred. Minho clicked his tongue. “You're not his dog. He can have fun on his own”, he argued, leading Chan outside into a spacious garden. It was mostly empty except for a guy that seemed to be asleep under a cherry tree.

Minho sat Chan down on a wooden bench, carefully letting go of him once he made sure that he wasn’t going to fall over or something. The older was actually grateful to Minho for bringing him here, hopefully further away from Kangmin, at least for a little while. He felt guilty for having those thoughts, but for now he enjoyed being close to Minho.

He rested his head on Minho's shoulder, letting out a sigh. “I've missed you...”, he muttered. Minho smiled. “You're cute when you're drunk”, he pointed out. Chan lifted his head again to look at him, pouting. “No, I'm not”, he replied. Minho laughed. “Yes, you are”, he argued playfully.

“But then again, you're always cute”, the dancer added, eyes practically glued to the other's pouty lips, while gradually leaning closer. Chan's breath hitched at their sudden proximity. His head felt a little bit clearer thanks to the fresh air and technically, both his mind and his heart should have told him to back away from this.

But instead, his mind and his heart both encouraged him to meet Minho halfway, so that's just what he did. The younger's lips tasted like candy, mixing with the taste of alcohol on Chan’s own, which for some reason, wasn't unpleasant at all. He felt Minho's soft, warm hand on his cheek as he scooted even closer to Chan, never breaking the kiss.

His tongue grazed along Chan’s bottom lip, asking for entrance, which he got almost immediately. The older let Minho take control over the kiss. He shifted, so he was almost sitting in the dancer’s lap, his fingers playing with the hair on the back of his head. It had been a long time since he'd felt this tingly when kissing someone. He couldn't describe it, but it made his heart race more than any of Kangmin's kisses.

Kangmin!

Chan pulled back reluctantly, trying to catch his breath which was coming out in heavy puffs. “I can't...”, he managed to say, bringing a little distance between the two of them. Minho seemed shocked at his own actions. “I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have done that. I'll leave.” The younger got up but Chan held him back by the wrist.

“Please don't! I don't want to be alone...”, he pleaded.

Minho looked at him. Of course, he couldn't just leave him here. He was still drunk, and he probably didn't know anyone except him and Kangmin, his douchebag boyfriend. “Alright...I'll stay”, he gave in, sitting back down next to Chan. He really wanted to kiss him again, but he respected his relationship – for Chan’s sake, not Kangmin’s.

“I’m sorry if I made things weird...”, Minho apologized in a small voice. Chan shook his head. “Don’t worry about it...it’s not that I didn’t want this...I just can’t. I’m with Kangmin”, he explained. The younger nodded, his face turning a little bitter at the mention of Chan’s boyfriend. Though, he took a little bit of pride in the fact that Chan had just admitted that he’d also wanted to kiss him.

“There you are!” Kangmin’s voice suddenly boomed through the night and Chan spun around on the bench, which seemed to make him more dizzy judging by the way he held his head right after. His boyfriend was approaching them, looking anything but happy.

“I’ve looked everywhere for you and you’re hanging around with this dude?” he yelled. Minho got up and in between Chan and his raging boyfriend. “Come on, man. He’s drunk, I was just trying to help him!” he spoke up. Kangmin glared at him, roughly pushing him aside. “Back off, man! I really can’t ing stand you!” he snapped at Minho.

Now, Minho didn’t like getting pushed around. He hated it, to be exact. Since he also hated Kangmin, his anger was quickly bubbling up inside of him. He pushed the other male back just as roughly. “The feeling’s mutual”, he spat. Kangmin looked like he was about to punch him, and he was ready for it.

“Stop it, please...”, Chan suddenly spoke up. He really didn’t look too well. Before Minho could dwell on it any longer, though, he was pushed aside again. Kangmin strode over to his boyfriend and pulled him up, rather roughly. “We’re going home”, he announced.

“Let go of me, I feel dizzy”, Chan protested. “Shut up, you got yourself into this”, Kangmin shut him down. Minho clenched his fists, ready to beat the out of him. “Don’t talk to him like that!” he burst out. Kangmin faced him, raising an eyebrow. “The way I talk to my boyfriend is none of your business!”

He turned around and left Minho standing there, dragging a still weakly protesting Chan along. Minho followed him into the crowded house; he didn’t want Chan to get treated like this (and maybe he just really wanted to punch Kangmin in the face). As soon as he entered the house, though, he was pulled aside by some people he hardly knew and practically squeezed between them as they danced to the music that was blasting through the whole house.

By the time, Minho managed to break free Chan and Kangmin were nowhere to be seen. They really must have left. He sighed in resignation and fought his way to the kitchen where things were a little less crowded.

“Hey Jisung...”, he said when he found his friend leaning against the kitchen counter with a cup in his hands. Jisung gave him a half smile, that didn’t look sincere at all. “Hey...”, he muttered. Minho furrowed his brows at the short response. “What’s wrong?” he questioned, pushing his worry about Chan to the back of his head for a second.

“Nothing...”, the younger obviously lied. Minho put a hand on his shoulder and gave him a look. “You know I can tell when you’re lying to me, right?” he asked gently. “Is it about a guy? Or a girl maybe?” Jisung didn’t reply but instead just pulled his best friend into a hug. Now, Minho was really worried. He and Jisung had always been affectionate and touchy with each other, but given the circumstances, the younger’s sudden hug made him really suspicious.

Instead of asking him about it, he just patted Jisung’s back, hoping that it would make him feel better. Eventually, the younger pulled out of their hug and downed his entire cup, before reaching for a bottle to refill it. Minho grabbed his wrist before he could.

“Whatever it is that’s upsetting you, drinking won’t make it better”, he told the younger. “Come on, we can shut this party down and you can stay at my place tonight, okay?” he offered. Jisung nodded silently. Minho just hoped that he could make him feel better once they were in a more quiet and comfortable place.

Whoever hurt Han Jisung better watch out.