Chapter 15

Better Better [Banginho/Minchan]

Hi, it's been 3 months oops...
Um, it's currently 4am and I can't sleep, so I whipped out my 80s playlist on spotify and decided to get some writing done yay! 
This clearly isn't my best chapter, but I figured I owed you guys an update. I'm really sorry for the long wait and I hope it won't be as long until the next one...

 

The next morning, Minho really did call his friends and asked them to help move Chan’s stuff out of the apartment. Aside from Minho's dance crew, Chan met Jisung, Minho’s best friend, for the first time. Hyunjin seemed to be a lot less gloomy than last time which might have something to do with him and Jisung practically being attached at the hip. 

Felix was actually really excited to help with the move, and kept Chan pretty distracted, talking about everything and anything while they packed up his things. It felt weird to Chan, packing his bags and leaving this long chapter of his life behind. He knew it was for the best, but a part of him was sad about how things had to end between him and Kangmin. Especially, when he thought about how well they had started out together.

“You know, back in Australia-...oh no, are you crying?” Felix interrupted his happy babbling when he looked at Chan and caught him wiping his eyes. The older shook his head. “No, I’m fine”, he assured Felix, who didn’t look like he believed him. “Really...it’s just...a lot to handle right now...”, Chan told him. “Well, if you need to talk about it…”, Felix trailed off.

Chan shook his head. Talking about how great things had been in the past before everything went downhill didn’t seem like the best thing to do right now. He’d only end up crying for real.

~

The group packed up pretty quickly, considering the fact that Chan didn’t have that much stuff and they were five people.

“You guys wait for me downstairs, I’ll check if we got everything”, Chan told them with a small smile playing on his lips as he watched the loud group exit the apartment with bags and boxes in their hands. He was really grateful for their help. He realized that for the first time since a very young age, he had found actual friends. They barely knew him, yet they were so ready to help him and to listen to his problems.

He strolled around the apartment, checking if he’d left anything of his behind. When he figured that he hadn’t, he placed his house key on the coffee table before making his way out. Just as he reached for the door handle, it opened, and he was met with none other than Kangmin, who came in with a bag of groceries in his arms. . He was supposed to be at work for another three hours.

“Chan. Where are you going?” the older questioned coldly, setting down the bag. Chan huffed in exasperation. “Are you seriously asking me that?” Kangmin even had the audacity to look confused. It was like he had completely forgotten their last conversation. “I told you I was done with you and I meant it!” Chan explained.

“Now get out of my way!” he added, trying to push past Kangmin to finally leave this place. However, Kangmin held him back, harshly grabbing Chan’s upper arm, making the younger look at him. “You’re not going anywhere!” he growled. Chan tried to yank his arm free, but Kangmin wasn’t exactly a weakling.

“Channie?” Minho’s voice suddenly spoke up from the hallway. A second later, the younger walked through the still open door and saw the scene that was unfolding there. “Of course, I should have known that you would run straight to him!” Kangmin spat. Chan still tried to pry his ex-boyfriend’s hands off him.

Minho’s face hardened. He strode over and placed a solid punch across Kangmin’s face, which caused the older to stumble and let go of Chan. “Keep your hands off him!” Minho said as Chan rubbed his own arm. Kangmin’s surprise didn’t last very long. He took a swing and punched Minho with what seemed to be pure and utter hatred. Chan was actually surprised that the force of the punch hadn't sent Minho flying!

“Don’t tell me how to treat my boyfriend!” Kangmin yelled. Minho was bleeding from his nose, as Chan noticed in shock. “I’m no longer your boyfriend, Kangmin. Go find yourself a new pet!” he told Kangmin, glaring at him before reaching for the younger’s hand and dragging him out of the apartment before their fight could escalate more.

Chan was thankful that Minho had come to his rescue but looking at the younger’s bloody nose, he pushed that gratefulness to the back of his head for now. “You do realize that he could have done far worse than that, right?” he said, once they had reached the building’s front door. He'd seen Kangmin fight before and - no offense to Minho - but he would have lost if Chan had let them continue. 

“Was I supposed to just stand by while he treated you like his property?” Minho questioned. Chan looked at him. He wanted to be mad that the younger just carelessly threw himself at Kangmin when he actually could have gotten hurt, but for some reason he couldn’t. “Does it hurt?” he asked, instead of answering.

Minho waved off. “Mama didn’t raise no ”, he joked, a grin breaking out on his, still very handsome, face. Chan actually had to laugh. “Still, we should get some ice on that...” They reached the others who were waiting for them by the car. Jisung’s eyes widened when he saw his best friend with a bloody nose.

“What happened? Why are you bleeding?” he questioned frantically. Minho patted Jisung’s shoulder. “I’m okay”, was all he said. Jisung shot Chan a questioning look. “We had a small encounter with my...with Kangmin”, he explained, causing Jisung to make a face. Chan still found it adorable how much Minho and Jisung seemed to care for each other.

Jisung looked like he wanted to go up there and give Kangmin a piece of his mind and actually took a few steps towards the building’s entrance. Hyunjin seemed to know what his boyfriend was thinking and wrapped his arms around his waist to stop him, even lifting him off the ground.  “Where do you think you're going?” he questioned. 

“Let me down! I want to beat his !” Jisung protested. Minho chuckled. “As much as I’d love to see that, we should probably get Channie’s stuff to my place”, he said. Jisung continued struggling against Hyunjin’s grip for a few more seconds before he gave up and instead just leaned against his chest, the taller boy's arms still wrapped around his waist. Chan couldn’t help but think that they looked really cute together.

“You’re not driving like this, though”, Felix, who had just watched them with an amused expression, told Minho sternly. “I’m perfectly fine”, Minho argued. Felix raised his eyebrow. “I’ll drive!” Jisung suddenly announced. Hyunjin let him go, in order to let him take Minho’s car keys and the group finally got into the car.

“Why do I feel like we’re all gonna die”, Felix muttered, as he watched Jisung excitedly get behind the wheel. The latter ignored him and started the car, taking them back to Minho’s place where Chan would officially move in...

 

Yea idk...