Chapter 10

Better Better [Banginho/Minchan]

Here's the Hyunsung chapter nobody asked for lol
Don't worry next chapter is gonna be minchan again, I just figured a little side ship couldn't hurt haha



Jisung had planned on staying in bed all day; he’d turned his phone off and locked the door to his room, just drowning in his own thoughts. They weren’t very nice thoughts, though. Most of them were about how stupid he was. How could he just confess to Hyunjin out of nowhere?

His feelings for the older had been a well-kept secret since high school and one stupid game of seven minutes in heaven had ruined an almost life-long friendship, just like that. Jisung wanted to repeatedly smash his head against the wall. How the hell was he supposed to ever look at Hyunjin again?

He couldn’t even tell Minho about it, because he saw Hyunjin every day, due to the two of them being on the same dance team, and it would just make things more awkward. The older was always so worried about him anyways; no need to make things worse.

The doorbell rang, ripping him out of his self-pitying thoughts. Jisung was home alone because his housemates were either at the library or out with their stoner friends getting high at the park nearby. He didn’t feel like opening the door because that would mean he'd have to talk to whoever it was. He cursed himself for not turning the doorbell off as well.

The visitor seemed to be very persistent, though, constantly ringing the doorbell, and Jisung contemplated going downstairs to yell at them to go the away. However, he decided against it and chose to keep ignoring them. Whoever was down at the door didn’t deserve to be on the receiving end of his awful mood. He rolled onto his side and closed his eyes, ready to drown out the world again when-

“Jisung!”

His eyes shot open at the voice getting carried through his tilted window. Jisung scrambled out of bed to look outside. “Oh no...”, he muttered at the sight of Hyunjin standing there, looking up, straight back at him. “Can you open the door, please? I want to talk”, the older shouted.

“I don’t”, Jisung called back, slamming his window shut before burying himself under his blankets, praying for Hyunjin to just go away and save him further embarrassment. Unfortunately, Hyunjin was nothing if not persistent. The younger almost fell out of his bed when someone suddenly knocked on his door about a minute later.

“Jisung, please open the door...”, Hyunjin’s soft voice came through his door, sounding muffled. “How did you get in here?” Jisung yelled back. “I found the spare key”, Hyunjin said. The younger sighed, once again cursing himself for also forgetting about the damn spare key, and got out of bed again, hesitating to unlock his door.

“You really can’t take a hint. I don’t want to talk to you, Hyunjin! Can’t you just leave me alone?” Jisung snapped. He wasn’t sure if he could take a verbal rejection from Hyunjin to add to him running away after his confession. “No”, was the older’s simple answer. Jisung sighed again and finally unlocked his door.

Hyunjin stood there, looking gorgeous as ever, in his black sweats and equally as black hoodie. Jisung liked the way his hair was slowly growing out, causing his raven bangs to fall into his eyes. He turned away and walked back over to his bed, silently granting Hyunjin entrance. He stayed like this, with his back facing the older, not wanting to look at him any longer than he had to out of fear to get caught staring for too long.

“About last night...”, Hyunjin began. Jisung crossed his arms over his chest defensively, still not ready to face the older. “I don’t want to talk about it”, he muttered. He practically felt Hyunjin come closer to him. “I’m sorry for running away”, he apologized. Jisung didn’t answer, he didn’t know what to say to that.

Hyunjin was now standing right behind him, placing a careful hand on Jisung’s shoulder. “Look at me?” It came out as a question rather than a demand. The younger slowly turned around and looked up at him. “Did you mean what you said to me?” Hyunjin asked carefully, like he was afraid of the answer.

Jisung scoffed humorlessly. “Do you think I’d be ruining our friendship if I didn’t mean it?” Hyunjin’s eyes widened the slightest bit. “You’re not ruining anything! It was just extremely sudden, and I thought you were just drunk when you told me. I didn’t know you had feelings for me”, he told the younger. Jisung lowered his head, trying to hide the blush that spread on his cheeks.

This conversation was just plain weird to him. He never would have thought that he would ever have to have it with Hyunjin in the first place. “Hyunjin, I really don’t want to talk about it anymore. Just forget I ever said anything. I get it, you don’t like me back and you don’t have to. I just need time, okay?” he burst out, turning away from the older again.

He hoped that Hyunjin would finally leave and give him space. He’d possibly made the biggest mistake of his life by even going into that closet with him in the first place. If it hadn’t been for the alcohol and the making out (he still wasn’t sure how that had even happened), his tipsy, self never would have gotten into this messed up situation and they could at least still be friends.

“I do like you back, though”, Hyunjin said after a few seconds of silence that seemed way longer to Jisung, who spun around at the older’s reply. “Don’t do this! I don’t need you to pity me!” “I’m not pitying you! Are you listening to me? I said I like you back”, Hyunjin retorted. Jisung couldn’t allow himself to believe it, it was too good to be true. It had to be.

“Are you sure about that, though? Because maybe you’re just confused because I confessed to you and maybe a part of you just feels like you have to like me back to protect our friendship and then we start dating, but you realize that you actually only like me as a friend and we break up again and things get awkward and-”

Jisung’s wild rambling got cut off when Hyunjin took a confident step forward, cupped his cheeks and just pressed their lips together, effectively shutting him up. Before yesterday, the younger had spent years trying to imagine what kissing Hyunjin might be like – he’d stared at his lips long and often enough to have no trouble spurring his imagination.

Actually kissing Hyunjin, without being under the influence of alcohol and cramped into a tiny closet was beyond Jisung’s imagination, though. Hyunjin’s lips moved against his with a somewhat practiced ease, making the younger weak in the knees. It had taken Jisung a few seconds to react and kiss him back, but he did, once he got over his initial shock, his hands now clawing into the other’s hoodie.

They pulled apart once the need for air kicked in and Jisung had to resist the urge to pinch himself. “I’m sure about it”, Hyunjin told him, slightly out of breath but his voice barely above a whisper as their faces were still only inches apart. “Do you believe me now, or should I kiss you again?” he asked.

Jisung didn’t reply and instead just closed the distance between them, reconnecting their lips, snaking his arms around the older’s neck while Hyunjin pulled him closer by the waist. Damn, Jisung thought, he could get used to this.

They pulled back again after a while. “Now, I believe you”, the younger mumbled, making Hyunjin grin widely. “Good because if that didn’t convince you I don’t know what will...”, he answered. Jisung chuckled, arms still around Hyunjin’s neck, now finally daring to properly look at him, fully taking in his kiss-swollen lips and those godly features.

“I did lots of thinking yesterday...I’ve actually liked you for a pretty long time. I just never had the guts to tell you. And I want to be with you, Jisung. Exclusively...”, Hyunjin said. It was very rare for the older to get shy, but there was a cute little blush spreading on his cheeks as he spoke.

And Jisung? He still wanted to pinch himself. Hyunjin wanted to be with him, as his boyfriend. 17-year-old Jisung probably wouldn’t dare to believe him if he travelled back in time and told him about this exact moment on this exact day.

“I want to be with you, too”, he answered, a giddy smile spreading on his face. Hyunjin simply leaned in to kiss him once again and Jisung figured that he could really get used to this.

 

A/N: Um, yeah...I'm bad with writing kisses n (I often let my sister write them, but I'm doing this fic on my own so I hope you didn't hate it)
Hyunsung make me soft lately, so I had to include them as a side ship, though I'm usually a Seungjin person. I hope you guys didn't mind this little side chapter too much.