005

(BxB) Our Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Our life[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“Appa! Look, it’s a Dino. It’s so big! Bigger than daddy.” The ten years old boy was jumping excitedly as he pointed to a T-Rex statue on his left to a male average in height. The male was smiling at the boy.

“It called T-Rex, sunshine.” The male explained. They’re in the dinosaur museum that just opened in the town. The boy had been excited about it since his friends were talking about it at school so the male had brought him to see it today. “Hey, don’t run. You will get lost, Jisung ah.” The male said when the boy suddenly ran to see the dinosaur closer.

“Appa will always find me again.” The boy said cheerily. He didn’t go that far, still aware of the distance he made with the elder male. He’s a smart kid, like how his teacher always praised him.

“Hey, honey.” The male turned a little bit and smile to the owner of the voice. A light kiss was given on his cheek.

“Daddy! Ice cream!” Jisung noticed his daddy and ran back to them, jumping lightly as if he wanted to grab the ice cream in his daddy’s hand.

“Don’t jump, you could get hurt.” Jisung’s appa reminded.

“Appa worried too much.”

“Isn’t he?” Jisung got his daddy’s back. His daddy gave him his ice cream.

“Seungcheol!” Jisung and Seungcheol chuckled.

“You worried enough for us already, Hoonie. Worried about yourself too.” Seungcheol said, giving his ice cream to his husband. Jihoon didn’t take it but it a bit. Seungcheol stared at Jihoon. “Honey, it’s a public place. Don’t do this to me.”

“Do what?” Jihoon raised his brow.

“Eii, daddy has that look again!” Jisung’s voice made them look at the boy, their beloved son.

“What look?” Seungcheol asked.

“A look that seemed like you’re about to eat Appa.” Seungcheol blinked before guffawing. Jisung tilted his head innocently while Jihoon smacked Seungcheol for attracting people’s look as he blushed deep red. Even though Jisung meant innocently, Seungcheol’s laugh made it far from innocent. Decided to end the topic right there, Jihoon turned Jisung’s attention back to the displayed dinosaur. The boy got excited again and pulled his daddy’s hand to see the big T-rex closer as if showing off those creatures to his daddy. Jihoon followed from behind, not looking at the dinosaur but his husband and son.

It had been ten years since that day. The day he collapsed and gave birth to Choi Jisung, a premature birth.

 

 

Flashback

Seungcheol paled as the doctor that attended Jihoon explained the condition of his husband. “I need your consent to operate Jihoon ssi, Seungcheol ssi. The longer we delayed, the more danger it will be for both of them.”

“They will be safe right? It’s not due yet… I…”

“I assure you, we will do our best to save both.” The doctor said. Seungcheol could only nod weakly and signed the paper the hospital needed. The nurses moved swiftly to bring Jihoon into the operation room. Seungcheol followed along as he held the unconscious Jihoon’s hand.

“Sir.” Seungcheol noticed they had arrived in front of the room and he couldn’t enter further. He nodded a bit and leaned down to Jihoon, kissing the cheek.

“Jihoonie, please return safely. I love you, I really do.” Seungcheol couldn’t stop his tear and it fell on Jihoon. He pulled away when the nurse urged him to be quick as they couldn’t delay the surgery more or it will be danger for Jihoon and the baby.

Seungcheol slumped down on the floor in front of the operation room. The light indicating a surgery was ongoing. Seungcheol sniffled, his hand shaking as many things flashed in his head. How Jihoon looked so weak in his arm, how he discovered Jihoon had fainted earlier, how their day had turned. Seungcheol eventually broke down in tears and sobs as his mind replayed how they had been apart since Jihoon was pregnant. They both unconsciously turned up blaming the pregnancy and the child but, in the end, it’s their own action. They didn’t mature like they should when they’re expecting a baby, despite wanting a child for so long.

“Daddy is sorry, baby. I’m sorry, Jihoonie. Please… please don’t leave me. I will do better. Please be safe, baby, Hoonie.” Seungcheol sobbed.

It felt like years as Seungcheol wept and sat on the floor. No one dared to disturb him when his sorrow seemed to transpire throughout the waiting hall. Only when a doctor stood behind him, Seungcheol snapped from his own thought as the doctor placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Seungcheol.”

“Doc.” Seungcheol noticed it’s Doctor Yoon.

“Come, sit on the chair there. Jihoon will be fine.” Seungcheol weakly tried to stand supported by the doctor. “I came after they informed me. I was off duty. I’m sorry for not

Please log in to read the full chapter