002

(BxB) Our Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Our present[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Present

“Drive safely.” Jihoon gave a short peck on the cheek as he sent his husband to the door. Seungcheol smiled and pecked Jihoon on the lips.

“I will. I miss you already.” Jihoon chuckled and nudged Seungcheol out of the door.

“Go now, you’re going to be late.” Jihoon winked. Seungcheol held his heart, making a scene.

“You don’t want me to be late but you’re seducing me.” Seungcheol pouted.

“Hey, I didn’t.”

“Baby, you did. You wink!” Seungcheol protested. Jihoon giggled.

“Go now, Cheol. You’re definitely going to be late if delay more.” Jihoon said. Seungcheol sighed.

“To be honest, that quickie just now is not enough.” That brought blush to Jihoon’s cheeks. His husband dared to talk about it as if it’s nothing outside their house.

“Cheol!” Seungcheol laughed and ran to his car.

“Love you, Jihoon. Meet you later.”

Jihoon sighed and waved his hand. Seungcheol started the car and drove away after waving his hand to Jihoon. Jihoon watched the car leaving until it disappeared at the corner. He closed the door and got inside. After they graduated, Seungcheol recruited by the company he interned and instantly got job even before they’re married. While Jihoon who took painting as his major, he worked alongside some well-known artist in current market by providing some painting of his own creation to fill their exhibition. It didn’t earn much but Jihoon was satisfied because he’s doing what he liked.

Jihoon went into his studio after making sure he cleaned the house and locked the door properly. He went to sit on the chair next to his working desk as he didn’t have any inspiration to paint. When this kind of mood came, he chose to sketch on his sketchpad or maybe doing some other things he could on his laptop. Jihoon reached to turn on his laptop when his eyes caught something at the side of his desk. A schedule that he kept to himself, not even Seungcheol knew about it, because his husband never stepped inside his studio. Seungcheol had decided to leave this room private and only for Jihoon. One because he respected Jihoon’s work and two because Seungcheol was well-known with his clumsiness so he’s afraid he might accidentally ruined Jihoon’s piece.

Jihoon reached at the paper and stared at it. It was a schedule of fertility. Yes, they decided to try for a child and still trying until today. It had been four years since they knew about Jihoon’s ability and about three years they had been trying seriously for a child. After they decided to have a child, Jihoon and Seungcheol brought the matter to their family and talked about it. No one disapproved it, moreover Jihoon’s family. They had the support and began to meet the doctor. The doctor told them about the long process and how it closely depends on the luck. Before they’re good to try, Jihoon still needed to go through some examination. It was indeed a long process that took more than five months before Jihoon’s ready and safe to conceive. They tried for years but it’s still a failure. It’s not because of Jihoon’s condition or any of their physical condition, it’s just never been their luck until today.

There was up and down in these years. There’s a time Jihoon was upset about himself, blaming the failure on him. There’s a time Seungcheol felt frustrated and afraid to touch Jihoon thinking it’s because of him. They fought many times until they grew tired but they never separated. It was very closed to it one time but they came to their sense that they couldn’t live without each other. Since then, they’re not very obsessed about having a child – at least they tried to be moderate about it. They discarded some papers that they had for planning and conceiving. Seungcheol and Jihoon chose to enjoy their life without stressing out about it, but it didn’t mean they stop trying. At least, they didn’t think of it every minute. And one of the things that Seungcheol asked Jihoon to throw and stop counting was the fertility schedule.

But that’s the only one thing Jihoon didn’t throw. He learnt to accept the fate but he still wanted a child, because he knew Seungcheol hoped for it so much. He wanted to make his husband happy, but he learnt to curb it a little so he won’t be stressed and blew up like previously when they failed again.

Jihoon took a breath and opened the drawer on his left. There’s a box in pink. Jihoon opened it and took a smaller box out. “There’s no harm to check today.” Jihoon said to himself and set the paper on the desk as he left the room with the small box in his palm. He went to the bathroom, to use the tool in his hand. The pregnancy kit.

 

 

“Aww, look at her. So cute.” Seungcheol heard one of his female officemates fussed over something. He looked up from his paper work and noticed few of them were crowding at three tables from him.

“You’re so lucky. She’s having your wife’s feature. Ah, she will be pretty as her mother.”

“Even if I’m proud you’re praising my beloved two, mind that it’s my wife you’re talking about.” The owner of the table said. The other giggled.

“Always the possessive fella.” Some of them snickered.

Seungcheol turned to his neighbour. “What’s the matter there?” The male next to Seungcheol turned to him. He formed an O.

“Ah, did you heard that Joonki’s daughter is born last two days? So they’re seeing the picture.” Seungcheol pondered for a while and remembered the said guy had two-day off because of emergency. Now, he understood why. “I already saw the picture and she’s cute.” The male added. Seungcheol just nodded and looked at them again before going back to his work. But before he could start, one of the females at the table called out for him.

“Seungcheol sunbae. Did you see the picture yet?” The attention turned to him. Seungcheol looked up.

Please log in to read the full chapter