004

(BxB) Our Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Our turbulence[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seungcheol woke up to the continuous retching sound that disturbing his silence morning. He rubbed his eyes, trying to clear his hazy thought before he exhaled tiredly. He didn’t really need to ponder long to decipher where was the sound coming from. For about two months, his morning always greeted with such sound. Seungcheol left the bed and walked to the bathroom. His heart clenched to see his beloved husband crouched over the toilet bowl, puking out his gut.

Jihoon felt the hand on his back. He took a deep breath and tried to calm down the nausea he was feeling. There’s only clear liquid coming out anyway, Jihoon was tired. “No more?” Jihoon shook his head a bit. Seungcheol helped to flush the toilet and went to get some water for Jihoon to clean his mouth. After that, Seungcheol helped Jihoon to stand and get him back to the bed. Jihoon just let his husband handled him as he had no energy left.

Seungcheol ruffled his hair. “It had been two months and the morning sickness is still not stopping.” Seungcheol said. Jihoon opened his eyes and stared at Seungcheol.

“Well, sorry for that. Your precious sleep is disturbed, huh?” Seungcheol exhaled.

“That’s not what I mean, Jihoonie. I’m worried about you.” Jihoon didn’t say anything. He didn’t mean to snap at Seungcheol thou. Seungcheol didn’t say anything either. Since Jihoon entered his second month, he had terrible morning sickness almost everyday and also his mood was practically everywhere. He often snapped even at the slightest word, but mostly Seungcheol faced his wrath. Seungcheol had been patience with that horrendous mood swing but after two months long, his patience was thinning as well. He chose to keep his mouth shut at most of time and tip-toed around Jihoon. But he never failed to help Jihoon if his husband needed him. He knew his responsibility.

“Go and take your bath. You’re going to be late.” Jihoon said and closed his eyes again. Seungcheol hummed, dropping a kiss on Jihoon’s forehead and moved to the bathroom. Jihoon tried to get some sleep. He seriously deprived of sleep lately. At night, he couldn’t sleep properly and then when he finally deep in slumber he will wake up to the nauseous feeling.

Seungcheol dried his hair with small towel as he stepped out from the bathroom. In his head, he was planning his outfit for today. Since Jihoon was pregnant, he had to do everything himself when before usually Jihoon would prepare the cloth for him and also breakfast. Seungcheol didn’t mind about it thou because he knew Jihoon needed more rest. He noticed Jihoon couldn’t sleep well at night. Just his work was piling lately because he’s offered to get promoted and he needed to show his superior his worth with the new tasks his boss gave. Seungcheol felt there’s too many things to handle in his plate now.

When he’s done wearing his cloth, Seungcheol glanced at the bed. Jihoon was sleeping soundly. Seungcheol smiled at the sight. He slowly left the room after taking his things and went to the kitchen. He made simple toast for himself and Jihoon. Seungcheol left a note under the warm milk he prepared for Jihoon. Looking around to check the house, Seungcheol left silently.

Seungcheol arrived at his workplace soon after, the usual time he arrived. Few workers greeted Seungcheol as he walked to his department. Seungcheol greeted back. “Seungcheol! Great you already arrived. Come here, I need you and the yesterday report I ask you.” He was called right when he stepped into his department. Seungcheol blinked and gave half-smile to his boss.

“One second, sir. I will put my bag and grab the file first.”

“Okay, just come faster.” Seungcheol just could nod. The person beside Seungcheol’s desk just exhaled and shook his head to see Seungcheol.

“Good luck, buddy.” Seungcheol smiled to the encouragement and went to the boss’s office with the file he wanted. Another day started for Seungcheol.

 

 

“The higherups are evaluating you now. Don’t give up, I’m sure you’re going to get that promotion. Oh, and I want the report from last month tomorrow.” Seungcheol just nodded.

“I will give it. Excuse me, boss.” The male dismissed Seungcheol. Seungcheol stepped out from the room and walked to his desk. His neighbour turned to Seungcheol.

“Your phone vibrated earlier, many times.” Seungcheol took a look at his phone and found four miscall from Jihoon. He exhaled and decided to ignore it but the phone rang once again. He picked it up.

“Where were you? Why not picking up the phone?”

“I’m meeting my boss.” Seungcheol said lightly. Jihoon’s cutting voice surely made his day even tiring. He knew what to come and he didn’t have the mood to deal with it. After long month dealing with the terrible mood swing, Seungcheol could that he’s at the edge of bursting.

“So, you ignore my call? Is that so?”

“It’s not like that.”

“Fine. If you’re not coming home at the right time and with my food, you’re going to sleep outside.”

Seungcheol pulled himself from sighing, didn’t want to prolong the little argument. “What you craved for today?”

“Something western. And meat.”

“I’ll get steak then?”

“No, not that.” Jihoon huffed. “Can’t you think more? You should know what I want.”

Seungcheol took a breath, dealing with moody and preggy Jihoon surely took his patience away. “I know you like steak and meatball. But I’m not sure about our child.” Seungcheol said.

“Meatball from that restaurant. Yum, I want that.” Jihoon’s voice changed to a happier tone. Seungcheol wasn’t surprise at that. Jihoon’s mood was so unpredictable since he’s pregnant. One second he could be laughing and smiling like a child and one second he could be glaring and thrashing things in anger.

“Okay, I will buy it for you. I will try to come home early, okay? I got works…”

“Come home quick and no excuse. Or sleep outside.” Jihoon threatened and cut the call without letting Seungcheol said something. Seungcheol sighed as he stared at his phone. His neighbour looked at him.

“Are you okay, Seungcheol?” Seungcheol turned and gave a light smile.

“Yeah.”

“Is everything okay at home?”

“Nothing serious, just mood swing and such.” Seungcheol said, didn’t tell much about what he faced every day since Jihoon was pregnant. His cliques already informed about Jihoon’s pregnancy and everyone was happy with the news. The close friends were nonstop congratulating and they also went to visit Jihoon some other time at the earlier month, but none of them knew the conflict Seungcheol faced every day. Just the male beside Seungcheol sometimes heard a little conversation like this and he noticed how Seungcheol looked tired. Seungcheol got back to work, trying to finish his work before his clock out time.

 

 

Seungcheol startled by the piercing sound of broken glass. He was just finished his shower. Hastily wiped his wet body, Seungcheol wrapped another towel around his lower waist and stepped out. He tried to find the source of the sound, and he didn’t need much effort as he saw his husband stood in front of the broken mirror. “Jihoonie?”

Jihoon turned to Seungcheol with teary eyes. “I’m fat. I’m ing fat that I can’t see my toes!” Jihoon cursed, tears streaming down his cheek even more. Seungcheol frowned a bit as this episode surely repeated again, just this time a bit extreme as Jihoon destroyed the mirror. Getting near into his last trimester, Jihoon began to feel insecure and complaining about backache and getting fat. Seungcheol tried his best to cajole Jihoon when it happened but at times he lost words and just stayed silent listening and watching Jihoon’s rant. But today, he couldn’t just watch when Jihoon started to lose his cool and pinched his belly hard with irritated feeling.

“Jihoonie. Don’t do that, you’re hurting yourself.” Seungcheol tried to stop the hand, didn’t realize his foot stepped on the piece of the broken mirror. Jihoon struggled to be released. “Jihoon, stop struggling, you will get hurt!” Seungcheol couldn’t help to raise his voice as he was dealing with Jihoon together with the pain on his foot. Jihoon didn’t realize the blood thou as he was focused on his struggle.

“Let me go. I know you hate me. I’m fat like an old whale. I’m freaking ugly and fat, I’m disgusting... I...” Jihoon’s words were cut when a slap came in contact on his cheek. The pregnant male’s eyes widened as he turned to the culprit. The fire matched in both of their eyes.

“Stop it all! I had enough, Jihoon. You’re not fat, you’re not disgusting. And don’t you ever said I hate you, if anything, I’m grateful and love you even more because you’re willing to carry ou

Please log in to read the full chapter