012

Tomorrow Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Jongin-ah”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I’m wondering if you think that the star are pretty too tonight”

 

“They are always pretty and I am thankful for that”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because they make you smiling like this”

 

Naeil wake up when the sunlight hit her face. She squinted her eyes and stare at the white curtain until it hit her that she is no longer at Baekhyun’s. She sigh for a bit as she look around. This room is still so unfamiliar to her even though Jongin insisted that she always come and sleep over in this room. She hug the pillow real tight and hide her face in it.

 

She want to be able to remember. She want to find herself again.

 

“Good morning” She turn to the door and find Jongin leaning on the door frame. In his hand is a glass fill with milk. Naeil feel herself trying to hold onto her tears but tears already fell when Jongin reach to her bed.

 

“Hey” He whisper real gently, putting the milk aside. He make her faced him and wipe away the tears from her face. “Im sorry” She said, still holding tight onto the pillow. “Im so confused.. I don’t even know what to do once I’m awake”

 

Jongin slightly smile as he give the milk to her. She stared at it before turning to Jongin. “You don’t have to do anything, I will start the day for you”

 

Naeil stared at Jongin’s eyes for so long, trying to find a hint of memories of him but nothing much come out. “I.. dream of the stars last night and there was you”

 

Jongin weakly smiles as he leaned closer, “How was it?”

 

“I ask you if you think the stars are pretty too.. and you told me that you are thankful--”

 

“--thankful that the pretty stars able to make you smile like that” He cut her words. “You always smile like an angel whenever you gazing at the stars, sweetheart. You love seeing the star the most”

 

Naeil’s eyes trembled at her beautiful words. She change her gaze and stare at the white comforter. “That wasn’t a dream” She mumbled as she recalling all the dream she had of Jongin. There was a time when it was not a good one but its not vivid enough for her to see everything.

 

“Say.. what have I been doing with my life.. before the accident?”

 

“You just finish your studies and planning to find something.. so you don’t have to be worried about anything at the moment. Just take care of your health until everything went well again, okay?” He said as he run his hand through Naeil’s hair.

 

“I have to get ready for work” He said as he rest his hand on her shoulder. “If you need anything, just call me. I have your new phone ready in the drawer right there. A maid will come over and get your food ready so just take a rest for now”

 

“I can manage.. don’t worry”

 

“I do this because I love you” He said with a gentle smile, “I do this for you.. so please, remember me and love me again, Naeil. That’s all that I want from you. Can you do that for me?”

 

Naeil hesitated but nod her head anyways. Jongin patted her head and hop off the bed, “Don’t push yourself though?”

 

“I won’t. I promise”

 

“Good girl. I’ll be home fast” He said as he get out from the room. Naeil look down and stare at the milk. She drink it and sigh as it feels refreshing. She grab the white comforter and wrapped her body in it before leaning down to the bed again. Hoping another more and more memories of her life come out to light.

 

--

 

Naeil come out to the kitchen, just to see the table is fill with a feast for one. She look around but there’s no hint of anyone around. She pull out the chair and sit right there all along. She wonder and wonder. How many times has she sit right here like this? When was it? Was it only her and Jongin alone?

 

“Naeil?”

 

She turns around and see a maid standing right there with a small towel in his hand. “It is you” She smiles and take a sit right next to her. Naeil stared at her, unable to say a thing. “Jongin told me about what happened” She said gently as her hand slowly grabbing Naeil’s right hand.

 

“You used to call me Aunt May. You may call me anytime you need anything.. I am so glad to see you again”

 

“Aunt May” Naeil said and the maid nodded. “We are so close so don’t be too awkward around me and ask me anything you want to know, alright?”

 

There.. just too much question I want to ask but.. what is it really that I want to know ?

 

“I will.. when I want to” Naeil said, putting on a smile she’s not sure about. “Have your breakfast. I’ll be cleaning Jongin’s room”

 

“Thank you . . .Aunt May” Naeil take her sit and stare at the food in front of her. “Why don’t you join me?” She said and Aunt May smiles, “You haven’t change a bit, Naeil. Sure, sure I will join you. I need to go to the kitchen first” She said as she headed to the kitchen and come back a few minute after.

 

“This is your favourite” Aunt May push a few side dishes closer to Naeil and she just nod. “I guess you know us well” Naeil said.

 

“You’re already like my daughter, dear”

 

Naeil smiles for a bit. “Can you tell me about Jongin for a bit?”

 

“Jongin is a good guy, for sure. He truly love you.. please know that” Aunt May hesitated for a moment. Naeil could read her as she cut her words, “-but?”

 

Aunt May flustered for a bit and continued, “You know how busy he is, right? There’s a lot of times when he don’t even have time for himself”

 

“We fought a lot.. don’t we?” Naeil ask as she could read from Aunt May’s expression. The older one reach for Naeil’s hand and held it tight, “Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter