013

Tomorrow Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun look up at the high building in front of him. A part of him is wanting to leave and just leave everything about Naeil behind, but another part of him is screaming for her. He hold onto Naeil’s phone a bit tighter and turn to another side.

 

Why bother ? He thought as his eyes slowly wander around, looking at the people living in the city. He still remember how much he wanted to stay here and pursue his dream in photography. He want to be able to show people how much he love to catch picture of things that moved him.

 

Taking out his camera from his bag, he click a few pictures and left. Still debating with himself if he really should look for Naeil again.

 

--

 

Jongin stir the coffee in the second cup as the other hand throwing the empty sachet into the dustbin. That morning is quiet as usual. He turn around and see Naeil have been standing behind him all along.

 

“Good morning” He smile. He know she is still mad but he smile nevertheless. Naeil change her gaze from Jongin to the two cup of coffees in his hand. It still looks hot and she knew Jongin just make it and about to give it to her like how he did yesterday. “That’s mine” She said as she take it from his hand.

 

Silent fill in the air as they both lean on the table, facing to the big window at the living room- looking at the clear morning sky. It is pure silent, but not awkward at all. Jongin is used to it and Naeil just don’t have the heart to say anything yet. Plus, the coffee taste that good in that cold morning.

 

“Aren’t you going to work?” She said, breaking the silent. Jongin put his empty cup on the table and finally remember to breath. He is too immersed in the silent. “I take a few days off” He said.

 

“Why ?”

 

“I want to spent time with you”

 

“..why?” She ask and Jongin turn to her.

 

“You still mad at me”

 

“I have my reason to stay mad” She said, taking her breath deeply and let it out.

 

“I have my reason too” He said, as gently as he could. His hand find its way to Naeil’s. He intertwined together and turn to faced her. “No one want to know something that hurt them, don’t they ?”

 

“-and what make you think you can lie to me ?” She said, looking up- just to find his face is just so near to hers. They both stare at each other for so long until Jongin break the silent-

 

“I love you”

 

Naeil eyes trembled. As much as it hurts- he still make her heart flutters. He held Naeil’s hand tighter. He have been missing her touch and the way her eyes fall on him. Jongin lean closer and closer, making Naeil flustered and pull her to his embrace. “I’m sorry. I won’t make you cry again.. I promise”

 

Naeil close her eyes. It still feel like a dream that she finally remember everything and is in Jongin’s warm embrace. Her hand is holding onto his shirt so tight- so tight that she don’t want to let go.

 

“I love you too” She said and Jongin finally can smile. He run his hand through her hair and kiss her forehead.

 

--

 

Baekhyun sigh.

 

“So he is not here?” He ask and Jongin’s personal assistant shook her head. “I am sorry to inform you that he take a few days off for a personal reason” She said, as she hug a few files tight in her hand.

 

“May I have his address or maybe.. phone number?”

 

“I’m afraid not, sir. Mr. Jongin always keep it in privacy”

 

Why am I so unlucky?

 

“Alright then” He said, saying a simple thank you as he turn and leave the tall building. He take out her phone from his pocket and slide through the contacts until he find Jongin’s name. He don’t want to use her phone to get in contact, but he is getting desperate.

 

Baekhyun hit the green button and wait for the other side to pick up.

 

-

 

Naeil change his gaze toward Jongin’s phone as she realized its been buzzing for a while. “Someone is calling” She said but Jongin is somewhere else inside the house. She scooted closer to check the phone and find her own name is on the screen.

 

Many things come out in her head as she see her own name. There’s no one else, she thought.

Baekhyun’s name hit her head so hard as she quickly hit the green button. She didn’t dare to say anything but wait for his voice.

 

“...hello?”

 

It is him.

 

“Hello, anyone there?” Baekhyun said once again and getting confused by the silent.

 

“Baekhyun. Is that you?”

 

Baekhyun heart skip a beat as he heard her voice. He didn’t expect for her to pick up. None of her even expect for this. “H-hey.. Naeil. It’s me”

 

She smiles by herself and quickly go to the balcony and close the door, “You have my phone?” She ask, as she rest herself on the balcony, staring at the busy road down there.

 

“Ah-yes.. yes I have it for a while now.. actually” Baekhyun turn speechless- but he just have so much to say toward Naeil. “How are you now?”

 

“I’m good. Jongin is just fine.. I guess.. -and I recover my memories too”

 

Baekhyun eyes widened toward her statement. His heart beating a little bit too fast to his own liking. “You what?”

 

“You don’t have to be afraid. I been knew it was all lies that you made up..” Naeil said, playing with the hem of her shirt. “I didn’t remember anything but I could tell by the way you stutter whenever I ask you all about me”

 

Baekhyun’s vision turn grey for a bit and his head spin. She been knew? “Naeil, I didn’t mean to-”

 

“It’s a good memories, anyways. Thank you for the sweet deceptions you gave to me. It was a good escapism for me.. really” She said and wait for Baekhyun to continue but he went silent.

 

“How’s Hyunee?”

 

She’s getting worse.

 

“She’s the same. You know.. back and forth to the hospital and all..”

 

“Tell her I miss to play with her.. I will try to visit you both whenever I can” She said, closing her eyes as it feel warm with the tears. She miss that life. It have been a long while since she been that happy. A part of her is screaming for that other side.

 

“I.. I will” Baekhyun said, turning down and stare at the ground. How about me? Don’t you miss me too?

 

“Baekhyun-ah”

 

“Yes?”

 

“...”

 

“.….”

 

“Take care”

 

“...you too” -and with that Naeil hang up and sniff in between her tears. She miss that life so much, she hope she could turn back the time and stay there for the rest of her life. Naeil had rather live in that deception than this truth.

 

A soft knock is on the door. Naeil quickly wipe her tears and turns- opening the door. Jongin look down on her and find his phone is in her hand. “There it is. I thought I lost it. Are there anything wrong with yours?”

 

“Won’t you ask what’s wrong with me instead?” She said that make Jongin out of guard.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I don’t feel like staying here anymore, Jongin”

 

Jongin’s face change serious and total confusion. “What are you trying to say..”

 

“You know what, Jongin ?”

 

“. . .”

 

“That night.. that night I wasn’t scared. In fact I was happy to let go” She said as she smiles. Looking up to the sky, Naeil wonder if she really staying true to herself. “I was happy when the pain hit me. Somehow it remind me to how much I’ve been missing my parents up there. It also make me forget about my pathetic life. It make me free. All fly and nothing. Nothing. Just darkness and numbness for a long time and me. Just me…--”

 

Naeil see his hand trembling. His eyes are icy cold looking straight at her. She is not scared. She had never been scared of him. Many people thought he looks scary like this, but not for her. He is not scary, he is just scared and there’s a lot of things going on in his mind. He is not mad, he is just another human who got scared of things. That is him. That is Kim Jongin.

 

“Why.. ?” He said with his trembling lips. His eyes looks teary as he holding on to the very last piece of his patient. His hand already turn to a fist and his feet stay still right there, didn’t move an inch. Their eye contact battle still on going as none of them seems to give up at any time.

 

“No reason” She said, literally lying. He finally break the eye contact and it doesn’t feel like she’s winning. His eyes look at anywhere but her and for a moment Naeil feel scared he might hate looking at her. Am I a monster now ? Why do he look so scared of me ?

 

“You’re trying to leave me behind” He said.

 

“Jongin” She call his name and take a step forward. A lot more closer to each other. Naeil held his fist and slide her fingers in between his. Her other hand is by his cheek, making him looking at her. His tear fall down and her heart breaks. She have never seen him crying before. Not even once. He is an ice cold person, rarely show how he feels to anyone. Not even one including me. His eyes meet hers once

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter