004

Tomorrow Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun raised his hand, greeting an old man who been guarding the hospital’s main door. He suddenly feel like he is a part of this place. He is rarely sick, but the people he loves make him going back and forth to this place. He is getting used to this place, from the reek of medicine he used to hate to the pale faces of dying people. Its not like he want to, but he have to.
 

Walking through the quiet hall, he find its started to rain through the window at the end of the hall. The plain white wall always make him feel pathetic. As he believe, white stands for a whole peaceful, quiet place. Which is where dying people gone to after they close their eyes for the last time. His feet keep walking until he find the name he been looking for.
 

Lee Naeil.
 

His hand reach for the doorknob but he hesitated. What if he open the door just to freak her out. What if she already wake up and need her own space for now. What if.. what if..
 

His head is playing with himself. Baekhyun look down to his hand. He is holding onto Naeil’s belonging. Her phone keep ringing through the night and he decides to turn it off. He never pick it up and he is not sure why he do so. The door is suddenly open and he take a step back. The nurse he met yesterday is staring at him, waiting for him to give her way to go out from that room.
 

“Is.. is Naeil awake ?” He ask, feeling awkward around the nurse.
 

“No, not yet. She will wake up anytime soon, I believe. You may come in” She said. The smile never leave her face and Baekhyun wonder if she is getting tired of it.She looks half hearted to show him the smile. ”Okay.. okay. Thank you” He said. Quickly get into the room, trying to run away from the awkwardness that slowly giving him anxiety. He hates meeting eyes with strangers, especially with a strangers he already met.
 

The room Naeil is in have a total of four bed but she is all alone. The other bed is empty, making the room quiet lonely for her. Baekhyun’s eyes wildly looking around the room until he find Naeil’s body lying on a bed next to the window. He take his sit on a chair next to her bed. He stare at her face for a good five minutes as he trying to recall everything about her.


“You’re still the same. You dye your hair but you still look the same” He said to himself. He try to reach for her hand, feeling a bit scared. How many years has it been since the last time he hold her hand ? He lost count but he remember how happy they were back in high school.


“Wake up” He said. Half of him hoping she will stay asleep so he can look at her face for a long time. Baekhyun miss him. More than he can imagine. Out of his realization, he is already holding onto her hand. It still feel the same. Her hand fit in his, just perfect. It feels like they are meant for each other. He recall everything from the graduation day back in high school. The day where she dumped him in front of the whole class. He held her hand for the last time on that day, if he’s not mistaken- because that was the last time he sees her around.


“Is fate trying trying to get us back together ?” He said to the thin air. Naeil’s face looks peaceful, as if she is going to somewhere heaven-like in the other side of the world. Baekhyun out her belonging on the night stand but a sound attract his attention. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter