Chapter 6 ~ The reception

Marry You

Chapter 6: The reception

Hakyeon and I are upstairs and get changed by the maids. Hakyeon is wearing a red suit with a black shirt underneath and I'm wearing a dark blue suit with a white shirt underneath. The family coat of arms didn't disappear from our reception outfits and we leave the bedroom once we're done. It's no longer my bedroom, because Hakyeon is sleeping with me since we got engaged. My parents had prepared spare rooms for Hakyeon and his family, but Hakyeon has only slept in his room once.

''I can't help but saying that we're finally married, Taekwoon. I still can't believe it that you're my husband now.'' Hakyeon says and I chuckle, before I raise a hand and rub over his cheek.

''Same Hakyeon, but we're about to have more and more pressure on our shoulders as the two kingdoms are one at the time we will get those crowns on our head.'' I tell Hakyeon and he sighs, before he nods. Both of us don't want to think of that, but it's about to come anytime soon.

''But Taekwoon, am I the one whose last name is changed or is it yours? Since we're both men.'' Hakyeon mentions and I smile at him.

''Yours is changed, you carry my last name now.'' I respond and Hakyeon nods. I can hear him repeat his new name in his mind and honestly, it sounds cute. It sounds a lot better than Cha, but my family is the dominant one to be honest.

Hakyeon and I make our way downstairs and we hear the guests talk, meaning that everyone made it safely to the ballroom.

''Ladies and gentlemen, please get up for our new royal couple!'' a servant says and the guests get up from their seats. That's when Hakyeon and I make our way inside and we turn sideways to look at the guests once we made it inside.

''Welcome to our reception. Let's enjoy the food and I hope that all of us can have a wonderful time here.'' I say and the guests start to applaude, before I sign that everyone can sit down again. And they do as I asked.

Hakyeon and I make our way to the long table where both of our families are at. Hakyeon and I have to sit in the middle and Hakyeon's family sits on his side as my family sits on my side. I'm sure that our brothers don't like it to sit like this, because I sensed some love between the four brothers. Oh god, I hope that they don't end up together because of us. And on top of that, it isn't right to date your brother-in-law. It's not right at all.

As soon as Hakyeon and I sit down, everyone can start to eat. It's a tradition in here to eat as soon as the married couple sits down. Other than that, us royals have a tradition that we're allowed to eat once the one of the highest title sits down. In our case, that should be our parents.

~*~

Hakyeon holds my hand during the moment that we're enjoying our bowl of blood and I can sense that he smiles. But this smile feels different than while he usually smiles. I pull back from my bowl and I look at Hakyeon, who looks at me with his red eyes on his turn.

''You're smile feels different this time, is there something you have to share with me?'' I think and Hakyeon nods when he holds my hand even tighter.

''Yes, but I can't say it right now. I want to share it later. So please, hurry up with your blood and come with me.'' Hakyeon responds and my eyes widen. Oh dear, I hope that it isn't something bad. But I focus back on my bowl of blood and I close my eyes when I drink from the blood again. Hmm, this tastes incredible and I'm glad to be a vampire. I don't want to imagine how human food would've tasted. Not that I've ever seen it, but I think it's pretty gross.

When I finished my bowl of blood, I clean my mouth with a napkin and I tell our parents that Hakyeon has something to tell me. So I get up and I follow Hakyeon, who is already at the doorway of the ballroom. We make our way to the garden and Hakyeon turns at me, while I sense something more. Wait, I feel some more energy and it's not from the two of us. No, is it....?

''Taekwoon, I want to tell you something and I only wanna tell it to you right now. Our parents will hear about it later, but only you get to know about it now. Please, don't tell it to our parents. But... I'm pregnant Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon tells me and my eyes widen. What? Since when?

''Wait what? Since when do you know and are you sure that it's mine?'' I ask Hakyeon and Hakyeon chuckles, before he nods.

''Two days ago, I felt a bit weird and I went to visit a doctor. The doctor confirmed me that I'm pregnant and it's 100% yours, because you're the only one that I've been around with.'' Hakyeon responds and wraps his arms around my neck. Wow, this is completely unexpected. But it's cute that we're becoming parents within a few months. I hope that the baby will be born after Hakyeon and I are crowned as kings, because I'm sure that it would cause a lot of stress on Hakyeon if it happens before that.

''Oh my goodness, Hakyeon. It came completely unexpected that you're pregnant, but it doesn't take away that the child isn't welcome. That means that I have to take good care of you from now on. But when are you going to tell our parents about this?'' I tell Hakyeon and I kiss him shortly, before I pull back.

''After the wedding. Once I start to show, I wanna announce it to the kingdoms that we're expecting a little prince or princess.'' Hakyeon says and I nod, before I pull Hakyeon in for another kiss. Hakyeon chuckles and pulls back shortly after.

''Come on, let's go back. And remember, don't tell anything yet.'' Hakyeon says and I nod, before we make our way back to the ballroom. I can't believe what Hakyeon just told me and I'm happy at the same time, because we're not going to be alone when Hakyeon and I are going to rule over a huge kingdom.

Hakyeon and I make our way to the table again and we take a seat. Our parents wonder why we were gone, but they don't spend too much attention to it.

I place a hand on Hakyeon's lap and Hakyeon chuckles when he looks at me.

We're starting a family on our own and it began developping when both of us weren't aware of it.

~*~

A/N This story is about to have 10 chapters, so I might speed up in the final chapters. Mianhae!