Chapter 4 ~ The engagement

Marry You

Chapter 4: The Engagement

3 days later is the day that Hakyeon and I are announcing our engagement to Blackmond. I'm pretty nervous, but I'm sure Hakyeon is as nervous as I am. It's a big deal that we will enter the kingdom as an engaged couple from today on, but we'll see how we will do this. I get myself dressed in a black sleeveless top with a black jacket covering my arms, black pants and black shoes. I have put a few locks in a hair clip on the back of my head, because I always do that whenever I attend events or meetings. My hair is never loose over my shoulders.

I startle when I feel a pair of hands on my shoulders and I turn to see who it is, but it turns out Hongbin is actually standing behind me with a big smile on his face.

''Ready Taekwoon?'' Hongbin asks and I nod. I'm ready and there's no way back anymore. From today on, I will be engaged to Hakyeon and I have to focus on the upcoming wedding.

Along with Hongbin, I go downstairs and the rest of the family is waiting for me and Hongbin. Even Hakyeon and his family are waiting for us. As soon as we're downstairs, Hakyeon comes over to me and grabs my hand with a smile on his face.

''It's time Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon says and I pull him closer to me. I am not allowed to wrap an arm around him while we're going outside, because it'll look trashy if I do that. Hakyeon places his head on my shoulder for a few seconds and when he raises his head again, his grip on my hand tightens.

''I'm nervous Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon wines and I sigh, because I know how he feels like right now.

Then, it's time to go outside and while our parents walk in front of us, I hear the vampires cheer for us. As soon as our parents arrive at the small stage in front of the gates, they enter the stage and the six of us follow shortly after. Hakyeon's grip on my hand hasn't loosened any second, but I understand why.

''We would like to announce the engagement of prince Taekwoon and prince Hakyeon.'' Hakyeon's father says and that's when Hakyeon and I step foreward. The vampires cheer even louder and it makes me smile a bit. Hakyeon and I turn to face each other and Hongbin steps foreward shortly after with the special niamh rings. These rings are made for us royals and the niamh rings at the wedding will be bigger than these.

I first grab a ring ,which is gold with a silver border and has a diamond on it, and I place the ring on Hakyeon's finger. Hakyeon smiles and takes the second ring, which he places on my finger on his turn.

~*~

''Hereby, I'd like to introduce you to the newly engaged couple prince Taekwoon and prince Hakyeon! Soon, we will announce the details of when the wedding will take place.'' my dad announced and we leave the small stage, making our way inside the palace again. As soon as the door closes, I grab Hakyeon's arm and I pull him into a hug.

''We're engaged now Taekwoon, I can't believe it.'' Hakyeon says and I nod. It doesn't take long before Wonshik, Hongbin, Jaehwan and Sanhyuk wrap their arms around us to pull us into a group hug, while I hear my dad giggle. From this day on, I am engaged and there is no way back anymore because I only have to devote my life to Hakyeon and the time when I'll take over my dad's position as a king of Blackmond. The four boys let go of us and I let go of Hakyeon at the same time.

It also means that Hakyeon will take me to Whiteston to announce the engagement aswell, something that makes me quite nervous.

''Congratulations with the engagement Taekwoon.'' my mum says and she pulls me into a hug. My mum is extremely happy for me and I love it to see that, but I also love to see how supportive Hongbin and Wonshik are. Sanhyuk and Jaehwan are the same towards Hakyeon.

''Alright boys, we expect all of you for diner later. But for now, you are dismissed.'' my dad says and before I nod, Hakyeon pulls me with him upstairs.

''Now, it's just you and me. I want you for myself now.'' Hakyeon smirks and pulls me with him to my bedroom. Hakyeon closes the door behind him and pushes me on my bed, before he jumps on top of me. I giggle and I wrap my arms around Hakyeon's waist.

''You're a funny one Hakyeon.'' I giggle and Hakyeon's face is above mine shortly after with a smile on it. Hakyeon places his hands on my shoulders and presses them deeper into the matrass, before he starts to kiss me passionately. It's our first kiss as an engaged couple and yet, it feels different but don't ask me why. But besides that, it feels a lot more special than it was before.

~*~

Hakyeon locked my legs with his knees and took off my jacket, revealing my muscular arms. Hakyeon has placed his hands on my shoulders again and rubs over my shoulders with his thumbs. My arms are still around Hakyeon's waist, basically because Hakyeon has made sure I can't wrap them around his neck. Hakyeon breaks the kiss and a smile is shown on his face.

''It feels a bit more special than before, our first kiss as an engaged couple. I can't wait to spend our first time here in bed as an engaged couple.'' Hakyeon says and lets go of one shoulder, before his hand goes up to my hair and Hakyeon streaks through my hair. He then manages to find the hair clip and takes it out of my hair before placing it on my nightstand, making the locks fall loose over my shoulder.

''See, that's a lot better. I love your hair more like this.'' Hakyeon says and streaks through my hair yet again. It feels weird to me that I'm engaged to the heir to the throne of Whiteston, but this can turn both kingdoms into one kingdom.

''At first, I didn't want to hear anything about an arranged marriage. But right now, I am looking forward to say yes to you.'' I admit to Hakyeon and Hakyeon remains silent for a short time, before he nods aswell.

''I had the exact same thing. I didn't want to hear anything about an arranged marriage and I didn't even want it, but even I look forward to get married to you. I really wanna be with you and I'm glad that our brothers get along well with each other.'' Hakyeon smiles and I nod. Hakyeon is right about that, I'm also very happy that Wonshik and Hongbin get along well with Sanhyuk and Jaehwan.

~*~

A/N Mianhae that it took so long for this story, but school is ruining my time to write for stories. Also, I am working on other stories more than this one so that's why I leave this one behind a bit. But I promise I will update more for this one.