So, you having desert? [F]

The 30 Day Taegi Challenge!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Alright, this is one of my favourite plot types, no kidding! I absolutely love this au and if you like it too, do tell me and maybe I'll fish out another story for it *winks* 

Summary: Yoongi is a waiter with a not so hidden crush on the one customer that keeps cooking up trouble at their restaurant. Or, where, Taehyung involuntarily causes trouble at the restaurant his crush works at just because he can't decide whether ordering dessert will make him look clingy or not.

Min Yoongi led a quiet life. Waking up, drinking coffee, going to university, coming back and resting and then heading off for his work as a waiter. He was happy with his life, content. No need for drama, he tried to stay as far away from it as was possible. That was why he was thouroughly perplexed when he found himself between two furious (though, sinfully handsome) males, growling at each other like a bunch of rabid dogs, right in the middle of the restaurant he worked at. "Alright boys," he found himself saying, his voice mysteriously calm. "Break it off, you're disturbing the other customers." Surprisingly, the two listened to him and Yoongi watched as the manager dragged the both of them outside. 

"But I was just standing there, dammit!" Yoongi heard one of them whisper-shout as he came outside to call his manager. "Sunbae-nim, one of our customers is asking for you," he said, ignoring the pointed look one of the ruffians was giving him. The manager just nodded and whispered something about taking care of the matter in his stead. Yoongi then turned to the two boys. One of them was tall, with wavy blonde hair and the initials KN embroidered on his shirt cuff. The other had honey coloured skin and silky brown hair. The letters KT were clearly visible on his way-too-expensive-looking shirt and Yoongi internally sighed, knowing this was going to be hard. 

"Okay, so what is the problem here?" he asked, wanting to end this fast. The taller of the two explained. "I was just here to pick up my younger brother but he was making a fuss about wanting to eat something or not." Yoongi frowned at such a - well, lame- explaination. However, the other didn't deny it so Yoongi accepted it. "Alright, so why were you making a fuss?" he asked the shorter boy. "I wasn't making a fuss," the boy mumbled. "I was just standing there, deciding whether I should have dessert or not." If Min Yoongi was anybody else, he would have cackled and be bent over with laughter. However, he just sported a shocked expression no matter how much it tickled him inside. "The next time you want to think something like this, please do so in your seat." Saying this, he turned around and headed back into the store. And no, he had not just given the younger sibling the invitation to visit him again, he refused to admit it, refused to admit that he had wanted to see the boy again. 

It had been months since that incident now and Yoongi was used to the sight of a certain male with caramel skin sitting at the far end of the restaurant and eating in peace. Kim Taehyung, as he found out the name later, frequented his restaurant everyday after that incident. And Yoongi had no problem with it, in fact he was delighted. He had already confessed to his coworkers that he liked the man, that they better not try to serve him (he was a possessive guy). However, he still wasn't used to the sight that greeted him right now. Sure, as they were bound to, after the first few weeks, ladies of the area had found out about the boy and they would come and flock around him everyday. If left to his own devices, Yoongi would kick them out. But their manager said that he was fine with it since it brought business. And so, Yoongi swallowed for the umpteenth time that day and moved to the table to serve the 'couple' the coffee they ordered. The girl was giggling and Yoongi nearly puked at the sound of it. Taehyung, though, looked up at him and smiled. His teeth flashed and something inside Yoongi cracked and fluttered. He placed the girl's mug in front of her and was just about to do the same with Taehyung's until the said boy himself outstretched his hands to take it. Their fingers lightly brushed as they made contact on the mug's handle and Yoongi could have sworn he saw a light pink hue dust itself on the younger's cheeks. 

It had been like this for a long time now. Their fingers would 'accidently' brush against each other's as Yoongi put down the food plates, their elbows and forearms come in contact too frequently as Yoongi moved from table to table, their nails would grace each other's hands 'by mistake' as Yoongi took the payment from Taehyung. Yes, it was flirting, and yes, Yoongi might or might not have initiated it. But Taehyung was more than willing to flirt back and give him a giddy smile, so Yoongi hoped (for what, even he wasn't sure). And yet, Yoongi knew that that smile wouldn't stay on the other boy's face by the end of the night. Sure enough, a while late

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter