I Tell You, I'm the Better Kindergarten Teacher [F]

The 30 Day Taegi Challenge!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Hey, my lovely muffin puff cupcakes!!! (what even is wrong with me *sighs*) I'm having a writing bug crawling through my body and as disgusting as it may sound, it's one of the most wonderful feelings for someone who likes writing. 

Summary:  Yoongi and Taehyung compete for the title of the better kindergarten teacher to win themselves a part time job. 

Yoongi sighed once again as he saw a toddler waddle away to a certain brunette. He had to win this. Not because he liked kids, but because he wanted, no, needed the money. Taehyung looked at him and a soft smirk spread on his face. He was definitely going to win this.

~~Few hours earlier ~~

Yoongi walked solemnly to the brightly colored building a little further away from the convenience store he frequented. He was a college student. A hard working, ambitious college student. He had left his hometown to pursue his dream career and had even gotten a scholarship in the university he wanted to study at. However, the scholarship money only covered his rent and his transportation costs and a tad bit of his living expenses. Looking at the situation, Yoongi had to get a legitimate job that could sustain him in the final year of his college life. Checking his schedule and calculating the workload along with taking matters such as work hours and salary into consideration, Yoongi had only found few jobs that might be suitable. Along with that, when the matter of having the workplaces in walking distance - to cut transportation costs - came into the scene, he was left with only two jobs. Choosing the one he thought he could pull off, Min Yoongi decided to try his hand at becoming a part time kindergarten teacher.

However, here was the thing. Yoongi didn't like kids. Their gurgles and incoherent words annoyed him, their constant talking and dreadful crying horrified him, their oblivious nature and terrible naivety frustrated him and their clingy demeanor and shrill voices gave him a stabbing headache. And yet, he found that he was a 'child magnet'. Be it family gatherings or just while taking a stroll in a park, he always found himself being surrounded by little kids, laughing and giggling around him. It wasn't that he hated these adorable beings, it was just that he completely disliked the prospect of having to take care of them. Then why was he taking this job, you ask? Well, he figured that interacting with someone who could hardly talk was much better than conversing with a customer on a daily basis while standing behind a counter at a fast food joint. Honestly, he would take 'please read me a story' over 'can you just double the order and give me extra packets of ketchup' any day. And so, he was off to the nearest kindergarten in his neighborhood, praying that he would pass the interview.

 

Kim Taehyung loved kids. Their playful gurgles and incoherent words were adorable, their constant talking and spontaneous crying was endearing, their oblivious nature and innocent naivety had something pure behind it and their clingy demeanor  and high pitched voices brought excitement to his whole being. It was because of this that he found himself to be a 'child magnet'. It was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter