Ardently (I wait for you to return) [A]

The 30 Day Taegi Challenge!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Alright, first things first. I couldn't complete my target of 7 stories yesterday purely because I was interrupted and this one was angst (I was in the mood for fluff). Anyway, I guess I'll be able to complete the remaining four stories before 6 in the evening today (it's 3 rn) and then maybe at 8 I'll start today's oneshot. Honestly, I feel drained already. HOW DID THAT AMAZING PERSON EVEN MANAGE! 

More notes at the end. (Do check them)

Summary: Where Taehyung goes abroad and Yoongi waits for him to return.

I looked at him. He was smiling. Why was he smiling, this wasn't a happy moment. But I had to humour him, I've always done so, I can do it now too. Looking at me grin, his smile faltered or maybe I was just seeing things. My eyes blur and I curse my vision as tears start dropping of their own accord. I feel his fingers brush my cheeks how they had so many times before. I want to lean into the touch, pull the warmth, hiding behind those cold hands, into my skin. I want to latch onto that slender waist and hold his palms against my face. I want to stop him.

But I don't. I flinch at his touch and swat away his arms. I take a step back as he advances and look up at his honey eyes with my hardened gaze. I need to be strong. For him, for me. He looks hurt, just as hurt as I feel. But I know this is important, for both of us, for all of us. So, this time, I smile willingly. The upward curve reaches my eyes and through squinting vision I see tears flow down his face too. I hand him a tissue from my jacket pocket and he giggles and mumbles something about me always being ready for everything. His smile is pure as he drags his suitcase away, filled with emotions. And yet, the embrace that he enveloped me in before leaving said novels about his feelings and I stowed them away in my mind. 

I tied a pretty ribbon to my memories with him and covered the feeling of that last hug in silk blankets.

Beautifying even the pain I went through with you, I awaited your return.

It has been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter