The Boy Who Reads the Daily News [F]

The 30 Day Taegi Challenge!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Alright, I've got a breather and it's 8 here. I guess I have four hours to do four chapters... I'M READY!!! I WILL KILL YOU ALL WITH FLUFF, JUST YOU WAIT.

Also, I might or might not have been listening to kis-my-ft2 - shake it up  on loop while writing this. (Cut me some slack, I needed the encouragement!)

Summary: Yoongi hates school, everything about school, until one day he hears the voice that read the News. He falls in love with it (especially after it sings just for him).

Yoongi hates school. It is a known fact. Not only his friends, teachers and classmates, but even the janitors know that. He hates the crowds of students, the lined desks, the green chalkboards. He despises break times (more so the person who locked the roof he used to escape to during recess for 'safety reason') and loathes group assignments and trips. Club activites were a pain and exams were worthless (he was going to inherit his father's business anyway). What he hated most, though, was the annoying voice of the guy who called himself the school's 'RJ' when all he did was read the news and keep things lively during rush hour. And so, Yoongi thought that a little mischief was called for.

The whole school knew that the guy having his drinks delivered to him at 2:30 exact in his 'studio'. Everyday, a girl would go and deliver it but this time, Yoongi took the initiative. However, he made sure to tweak the drink enough to make the boy lose the fluidity in his voice and not render him mute. Sure enough, the daily news never came that day and Yoongi went home with a satisfied smirk. 

He was lazily rolling his pencil on his desk when the intercome clicked on and jerked everyone to their senses. It had been two weeks since that incident and from then on, there had been no one reading the news or relieving the stress during suffocating moments. People thought that the responsibility was finally abandoned but that did not seem to be the case. Though, this one sounded different. It wasn't the same person and surprisingly, Yoongi found himself swaying to the slight lilt in the boy's way of talking. 

"Hello, everyone! I'm your new RJ, V! Since my friend is in severe shock and doubts that he has been sabotaged, I will be taking over his job from now on. I apologise for the inconvenience that might have been caused when I was out of country for the past two weeks. However, I hope I will be able to be a worthy replacement and can lift up your moods." 

The voice giggled and Yoongi found himself yearning for that sound when it stopped. The voice moved on from introductions and started talking about the weather and then moved on to the news. He closed off humming a soothing tune for the new students who had come in that week (how he knew that, Yoongi still wasn't sure) and as the voice clicked off, Yoongi came to the realisation that he actually liked it.

Weeks went by and then months. Yoongi started frequenting school, paying attention in classes. Inadverently, his grades inproved and his school life became just a little more interesting. But it wasn't because Yoongi wanted to do it. Yoongi only came to school to listen to that boy, payed attention only because he didn't want to miss a single sound the boy might make by suddenly greeting at strange timings. He gave exams only because the other said he appreciated smart students. Seriously, even Yoongi couldn't wra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter