Chapter 2

Beautiful

Nothing better than you                                 (nothing better than you)

Sesangeul da jwodo                                       (if someone offers me the world)

You you you you                                           (you you you you)

Neowa bakkujin motae                                   (I can't trade it for you)

 

Hey baby girl maeiri jeulgeowo                         (hey baby girl everyday is so fun)

Sasil jom duryeowo nuga mworaedo neon         (honestly i'm a bit scared, no matter what anyone says you are)

I want                                                         (i want)

 

----------

 

“… and once you change this into its polar form, you can solve this equation by... Yah! ___ssi are you even listening to me!” I slapped his shoulder lightly as I tried not to blush. Oh my god… why is he staring at me?

It’s been over 2 months since we’ve started this, and he has shown much improvement in his work. But now that he is catching up in his studies, he has started to be more relaxed. And for some reason, I find that he’s been looking at me more often… okay, I admit, I’ve have also been catching myself looking at him more often.

“Keep your voice down, ~~~ah. We’re in the library” he said, giving me that grin that never fails to make my heart beat faster.

“Well, whose fault is that?” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“~~~ah, why don’t we hang out with your friends and mine sometime? Hmm… like maybe now?” he asked (for the hundredth time), giving me his cutest smile ever.

“If you’ll just concentrate and finish your work, maybe I will.” I slapped his shoulder again.

Why is it getting so hard to resist him?!

 

[one week later]

“~~~! Where are you going! Didn’t you promise you’ll hang out with us? ___ and his friends will be here soon!” my best friend, Suyeon, exclaimed.

“But I really don’t want to. It’s already bad enough with me tutoring him… if the girls find out I’m hanging out with him on top of that…” and besides, whenever I’m with him my heart keeps beating faster and I feel so weird…

“Oh come on. It’s not like it’s a date. And it’s their own fault they’re not good enough to tutor him!” Jenny (my other best friend) tugged at my arm.

“Plus, it’s one of the few days ___ has time to hang out you know…”

“And…”

“Fine, fine, I’ll go. It’s not like I can escape your nagging if I do otherwise!” I pouted, and we laughed.

“Ready to go girls?” the familiar deep voice called, a hint of amusement in his voice.

 

[his view]

I could hear the three girls arguing as I neared the classroom, and walked in to see the cutest pout ever on her face. Ah… if only time could stay like this... as the wave of laughter swept across me.

 

[later, at a café, your view]

Whew, it’s really been a long time since I’ve hung out with my friends. I guess I wouldn’t mind this so much, especially when I get to see him laugh so naturally…

The whole table was in an uproar thanks to the jokes from ___’s friends.

“Hey, we’ll be going to order the drinks. What do you girls want?” the guys said

“mocha!”

“strawberry smoothie!”

“what about you ~~~ah?”

“Ice lemon tea.” ___ and I said together. I stared at him, astonished, as he flashed me one of his heart-stopping smiles. Since when did he know my favourite drink?!

 

[the next day, school corridor]

“~~~!”

I looked up at the sound of my name. I was about to go to the library to meet ___ for another study session. Oh . Park Jinri and her gang were standing in front of me. Park Jinri is the most… obsessive girl over ___. Ever since the beginning, she had been giving me the death stares whenever we pass by each other. I knew this would happen sooner or later… but this feels like sooner…

“~~~!” Jinri almost screamed my name as she shoved me against the wall. “what do you think you’re doing, getting close to our ___ oppa! Don’t even bother trying to deny it. Someone saw the two of you in the mall and the café yesterday!”

“Th-there’s nothing to it. We were just hanging out as friends!” I protested.

*slap*

“Don’t try to act smart with me ~~~! You’re not even good enough to be his tutor and you dare hang out with him as friends! I don’t even understand how he can even stand being around you! You’re nothing but a disgrace to him!”

“Well, if you don’t like me hanging around him so much, maybe you should try improving your studies so that you’ll be the one tutoring him!” I retorted as I pushed her away and walked away as steadily as I can.

“Y-yah. Yah! ~~~! You… you’ll regret what you said!” Jinri stuttered.

Oh god… I’m scared what they’ll do to me…

 

[the next day, during break]

Oh god… why is this happening to me? I started receiving threatening notes, and had to cancel my study session with him yesterday thanks to the handprint on my cheek (I got slapped, remember?) Now I really don’t dare be around him anymore than I can help. Haiz, what happened to my peaceful school life?

As I neared the classroom, I could hear an irritatingly familiar whine.

“Oppa~!”

 

[his view]

I wonder where’s ~~~ah… she seems to be avoiding me. Did I do something wrong? And she disappeared so fast during break time too. Even Suyeon and Jenny don’t know where she is… I sighed.

“Oppa! Are you by yourself? Want to eat with me?”

Hearing that voice, I knew immediately who the owner is. Park Jinri. I faked a smile, “oh, okay then.”

“Oppa, why do you keep hanging out with ~~~? You should just find someone else to help you in your studies. She’s just average you know…” Jinri suddenly asked.

“You say that ‘cause you don’t know her. She’s really exceptional in her studies, and a really good teacher. She has lots of other attractive points too!” I smiled, thinking about her.

“But oppa, she’s so ugly. And she just wants to cling to you ‘cause you’re so popular and she’s not. She’s not even good enough to be seen anywhere near you!” Jinri whined.

“Don’t talk about her like that! She’s my friend!”

“Oppa~!” Jinri pouted.

Woah… I never knew a girl can be so ugly when she pouts… ~~ah… no matter what others say about you, you’ll always be special to me. I want you close to me…

 

----------

MY EXAMS ARE FINALLY OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xDD  haha. and so, a new chapter for my subscribers! =) <3 you guys(or gals..). =) thanks for the comments people, it really puts me in a better mood to write my story. =)

 

i know its a bit weird that the gang just lets her walk away so easily, but i have no idea how to end that part without dragging it cos i've never been in/seen a situation like that before... so if its weird, i apologise.. >.<

 

and my grasp of korean is like super duper weak (i only know a few words.. >.<) so again i apologise if anything comes out funny.. the names of the characters are just mix&matched from some korean names i see online... =P

 

all in all, thanks for supporting this story, and hope u'll enjoy it!! =D