Chapter 8

Beautiful

 

 

 

I carefully made my way backstage, trying to find my way through the winding corridors to get to BEAST’s dressing room. When is this maze ever gonna end?! My heart pounding, everything else around me seemed like a blur… all I want now is to see his eyes staring into mine, to hear his voice calling my name, to whisper in his ears how much I missed him… so much so that I didn’t hear someone calling for me till a hand held my shoulder and turned me around.

“In case you didn’t hear me, miss, you’re not allowed here. I’m sorry but no fans are allowed backstage.” A stagehand told me.

“Oh, I’m sorry, but I’m not a fan. I’m a friend of BEAST, and they are expecting me. In fact, I have an invitation to come here.” I said, pulling out the backstage pass ___oppa had sent me.

The guy took my pass, scrutinizing the pass as if it’s a fake. My fingers unconsciously began playing with the end of my shirt. How long more would this take? My oppa’s waiting for me! Argh! Just my luck to meet someone now… how long more is he going to take. It’s not like the pass is a fake or something… unless… don’t tell me there’s something wrong with the pass! Omo… then what will I do? I really really want to see oppa now… what if—

“-ss? Miss?”

I looked up to find the stagehand looking at me weirdly as he held out the pass to me.

“Ne? is… is it okay? Can I go now?” I asked half-worriedly, trying to snap out of my thoughts.

“Ne. It’s okay. Do you need help getting to their dressing room?” he asked, still looking at me as if I was a crazy fan who had somehow managed to steal a pass.

“Ah! If you could give me some directions that would be great!” I replied sheepishly. Why have I not thought of asking for directions from the start?! Babo…

“Just go down this corridor and turn right. BEAST is in the 2nd room.”

“Gomawo!” I thanked, as the guy went in the opposite direction. Sheesh… what’s with that guy! Oh wait… what’s up with me?! It’s so not me to keep talking to myself and totally zone out... Shucks. “Looks like the side-effects of jet-lag are catching up to me…” I muttered to myself as I made my way down the corridor. Before I even knew it, I was standing at a door with the word BEAST written on it. The blood rushed to my head, causing me to be unable to think. Just one door separates me from him. One door, that will end our time apart. Just one mere door… Unconsciously my hand reached for the doorknob, and in that split second, it almost seemed as if our one year together rushed through my mind. The door swung open, and six pairs of eyes turned towards me. My own pair was overflowing with fresh tears as I rushed into the room.

 

“OPPA!!!”

“~~~AH!!!”

I crashed into his arms, both of us squeezing the other so tight it was hard to breath. All around us the rest of his members were whistling, cheering, shouting excited exclamations of welcome… but we heard none of it. It was like we were in our own world. I was finally where I belonged. I was home.

 

“Oppa/ ~~~ah, I missed you. Saranghae.” We whispered at the same time. Reluctantly, we pulled slightly apart. Gazing into each other’s eyes seemed like the most natural thing to do. I could see how much he had missed me, longed for me, love me. And I’m sure he can see the same in mine. Our eyes drew us closer together, before we closed them simultaneously and our lips met.

 

Certainly, absence makes the heart grow fonder. And it seems like in our case, it made us more synced in our thoughts, words, and actions.

 

“Happy anniversary, honey.” He said when we finally pulled apart. With his left arm still around me, holding me close, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a velvet-covered box. Somehow, he managed to open it easily, despite the slightly awkward position, revealing two simple, yet oh-so-beautiful rings.

  

“I’ll forever love you honey. It’s a promise I’ll never break.” He said, slipping the ring on my finger.

“Me too.” I said. I don’t know how I did it, but I managed to put the other couple ring on his finger despite my view being so blurry.

 

Exactly one year ago, he proposed to me with a teddy bear (which I still have and treasure by the way…) and now, on the 14th of November 2010, he surprised me with such a beautiful song of confession, and sealed his promise with the couple rings. This has to be the most beautiful first year anniversary anyone can possibly get.

 

“Honey, stop crying. It’s okay.” ___ smiled softly, gently wiping the tears from my face.

“It’s just… I haven’t seen you for months… and your performance just now… and now this… this has to be the best day of my life!”

“I’m glad you liked it. I was so worried that you won’t be able to make it in time when you told me your original flight was canceled. But I’m glad everything turned out okay in the end. I work so hard for all these, especially the song and performance. You know I was pointing at you just now right?”

“Of course I knew. And your message, went straight to my heart.” I said, pointing to my heart.

“I’m glad you got it. This song, it was just for you.” He said, pulling me into a hug again.

I embraced him back, enjoying our moment together. But somehow, there was something nagging at the back of my mind, but I just can’t put my finger on it… Oh wait! I slowly pushed us apart. He looked at me, full of questions.

“Oppa… I thought you guys said this song is dedicated to the fans? So it’s not just for me then, is it?” I asked, not daring to look into his eyes as I voiced out the nagging thought I had.

“Honey… ~~~ah, look at me.” I reluctantly looked into his loving eyes. “This song is for the fans…” My heart slightly broke as he said that. “…but it’s especially for a very special fan… a particularly beautiful girl. It’s you honey. There’s no one else for me. Whenever I sing this song, it’s for my number one fan, YOU! You, and no one else.”

“Oppa~!” I hugged him tightly, and his arms slipped around me, easily falling into their natural position, as if we were meant to be like this. I’ll never want to leave home ever again.

 

My beautiful home…

 

 

----------

 

AND THIS MARKS THE END OF MY FIRST STORY!!!!!!!!    are you guy happy? =D     or sad? =(         either way, i hope you all really enjoyed this experience with me. i know i'm lacking a lot especially since this is my first time writing a story (and a complete-d one as that! xD) but i'm trying to improve as much as i can. if you have any comments (positive or not) please post it, i won't get offended, and i'll love to improve if i can. =)

 

Truthfully, this is not really my writing style... i really can't stand writing all the ___ and the ~~~ and everything.. >.< i prefer writing 3rd person POV... but haven't properly tried that yet... besides, this fic is supposed to be between YOU (yes you, the reader) and YOUR chosen BEAST member... so i had no choice but to use that... well, i probably won't be using the ___ / ~~~ unless i write another fic for the readers...

another reason why i don't like this style is that my character's character/personality is not fixed, as it has to  be flexible as much as i can make it so that the readers won't feel weird being the character. which i find irritating. i feel that i need to know the character of my character in order to really bring it out...

but yeah, all these are just my personal preferences. above all, i just hope that YOU had enjoyed reading this and that my "irritations" did not impair your enjoyment. =)

 

 

@katastrophick: THANKYOU! ^-^  and while this fic ends... i'll be starting a new one! =)

@rainydayyz: keke.. yep! it was one of the things in the song that inspired this fic. =)

 

now that this is over, i shall leave you with one last video.

BEAST's beautiful MV

 

BTW, folks, i'll be starting a new fic, and i'll post the link here once i created it. and it's called Cruise to No-Where... with BEAST?!   hope you'll continue to support me and enjoy the stories i write. =)

p.s. i know this is the longest author's note i ever wrote... lol. makes me wonder if anyone ever reads all these.. =P