Chapter 4

Beautiful

Niga himdeul ttaen eonjena I’ll be there                        (when you are having hard times, anytime i'll be there)

Amuttaena naega wa naui pume angyeo                      (come to me anytime and come into my arms)

 

Geuyang nuneul gamgo nae mam deureobwa bwa         (just close your eyes and listen to my words)

Oh listen listen listen girl                                             (oh listen listen listen girl)

----------

“…and one and two, three and four, and five, six (turn!), seven, eight! Okay! That was great. Now let’s try with the music.”

I quietly slipped into the dance practice room and watched as BEAST carefully followed the directions from their choreographer. The music was , and BEAST started practicing the dance for that song as I sat against the wall. Everyone else (i.e. the managers, choreographer, etc) in the room pretty much didn’t bother me as they all knew who I was and what my relationship with ___ was. And obviously BEAST was too focused on their dance practice to even notice my entrance.

It’s been months since ___ and I started dating officially, and I’ve been introduced to the rest of his group and everyone related to the team. I am still in college, studying, while they are in the midst of preparations for their 2nd album. Hence, we hardly have time to spend time with each other especially due to his busy schedule, so I would come visit whenever I can. But I supposed that can’t be helped. Who asked me to fall in love with the b2st(best) idol ever?!

I watched as the sweat poured down from his face as his eyes were fixated on the reflections in the mirror, his own and those of his team, carefully correcting any mistakes while taking note of the group dynamics at the same time. I love how he is so focused on his dreams, how he strive for perfection to give the best performance possible, the way he dance, his voice… basically EVERYTHING about him just keeps my heart pumping.

“…this song is not over, get SHOCK!”

And with that, the song ended.

“Okay, good job guys. Let’s take a break.” The choreographer said.

It’s easy to tell how tired ___ was. Well, how tired all of them were. They seem to just collapse on the floor in relief as the tensions from the dance left.

“~~~! Since when did you come here?” he exclaimed as he finally noticed my presence. Similar exclamations resounded in the room as the rest of the group realized as well.

“Only at the end of your practice.” I smiled, as I walked over and gave him a towel and a quick hug. “You guys must be real tired and hungry. I brought some food. Fried chicken!”

“FOOODD!! I’m so hungry!” Yosoeb shouted as he went to attack the chicken.

“You’re a lifesaver, ~~~ah!” Kikwang said as he quickly followed Yoseob.

“CHICKEN! Thanks ~~~ah, you sure know how to take care of us.” Doojun thanked as he went after the food as well.

Dongwoon just gave me a quiet smile of gratitude before joining the group already fighting for the chicken.

“Aish. Those kids…” Junhyung muttered. “Thanks ~~~ah. Yah! Quit fighting over the food!” he thanked, directing the last sentences to the “small boys” fighting over the food I brought.

“If it wasn’t chicken that you brought, I’ll probably just rest some more.” Hyunseung said, as he finally pushed himself off the floor. “Gomawo.”

Jeez, just put some chicken in front of them and they turn from idols to kids.I smiled at the thought.

“What are you smiling about?” he asked, approaching while holding onto a piece of the “prize chicken”. I could tell he was really tired even with the wide smile covering his face.

“It’s nothing.”

“How was school? You finished early today?”

“Ne. My last lecture was cancelled. Today’s test was horrible, but at least my group did one of the best for the project. And--” I stopped midway as my phone buzzed. “I’ll go answer the call and I’ll be back. It’s my mom.” With that, I walked out of the practice room.

 

[his view]

Break was over by the time ~~~ ended her call. The moment she stepped back into the room I could tell something’s wrong. Really wrong. Her face was pale, and she was gripping onto the door as if her legs could not support her. Breaking away from the dance, I approached her.

“___! What are you doing!” the angry shouts from my choreographer fell on deaf ears.

“~~~, what’s wrong? What happened?”

The eyes that looked into mine were overflowing with fear, uncertainty and sadness. “My-my d-dad’s in the h-hospital… he… he got into an accident.” Tears filled her eyes as she stammered her answer.

I quickly pulled her into my embrace, my heart breaking even as I saw her crying face.

“~~~, go quickly to the hospital and get the whole situation. Stay strong, your mom will need your support there. I’ll join you there soon, okay?” I gently held her away, wiping the tears from her eyes.

She nodded and left.

 

[later, at the hospital]

“~~~ah!”

I rushed to the hospital as soon as practice was over, after roughly explaining to the guys what happened. Practice ended earlier than usual as I obviously cannot keep my concentration with all my worries about ~~~.

~~~’s mom was crying while holding tightly to another lady’s hand (her sister or friend probably), while ~~~ was crying with her face buried in her hands in one of the seats. She looked up when I called her name, her tear-streaked face piercing through my heart. I quickly went to her side, embracing her as she cried into my shoulder.

“It’s okay now. ~~~, I’m here. It’s okay.” I tried to comfort her.

“___... my dad… my dad… drunk driver hit him… he… serious injuries… doctor said… the doctor said he might not make it… might be fatal…” she cried.

“It’s okay… He’ll be fine. He’ll pull through this, you’ll see. It’ll be okay.” I whispered into her ear as I hugged her tightly. Seeing her cry like this I can feel her pain. Oh if only I can just escape reality with her and make everything right again.

She squeezed her eyes shut and buried her face in my shoulder.

 

----------

ANOTHER CHAPTER!!! xD    okay... it's weird to be happy after writing a sad scene involving an accident... lol. anyways, i'm really sorry for not updating for so long and for the false alarm... i'm so so sorry. really had a lot of things happening the past week... and i'm really sorry to say that i probably won't be able to update again any time soon, even possibly for a week... have a camp coming soon, of which i'm a group leader so i have lots of things to plan/prepare... and i'm suppose to help plan for an event happening next week... haiz. so i really can't update anytime soon. sorry.

 

on a lighter note, thanks for the comments! =) really glad u all are liking the fic! =D seeing your comments never fail to make me smile. thanks ppl! =)

oh, and i have no idea what's with the love for fried chicken. seems like there's quite a number of kpop artists that loves chicken including BEAST! LOL.

 

btw, i'm thinking of writing a one-shot based on the song 1st snow, 1st kiss. a christmas special! =) but i'll see what happens...

if you wanna check out the 1st snow, 1st kiss mv: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0H8cYA37hA

wrote the oneshot and posted the story on Christmas eve. for those who wanna go check it out, here's the link! =) http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/16148/first-snow-first-kiss-one-shot-oneshot-yoseob-you   ...and btw, if you're a YOSEOB bias, you should go read it! the story is about you and your bias. (if you're not... well go ahead and read. =) who knows... maybe one day i'll write a fic with your bias!  ;P )