Chapter 1

Beautiful

Oh listen to my heart                                                 (oh listen to my heart)

Nae mam deureobwa bwa                                          (listen to my heart)

Eotteon mallodo neoreul pyohyeonhal su eobtjiman       (even though no words can describe you)

 

Geunyang nae stylero nae mam deullyeojulge               (i will let you listen to my heart through my own style)

Oh listen listen listen girl                                            (oh listen listen listen girl)

 

----------

 

“okay class, I’ll now be returning you your test papers. As usual, ~~~ got the highest score. The rest of you should really work hard like ~~~ here, her score is way higher than the class average! If you all don’t work harder, she might be the only one in this class getting into a good university in the future!”

I smiled awkwardly as I stood up and collected my test paper. I never did like it whenever a teacher made any announcements regarding me, I rather they not make a fuss out of all this. Sure, maybe I am a bit smarter than average, and I do work hard, but I’m not a nerd, it’s just the class seriously plays too much…

“___ and ~~~ah, can I see the two of you after class?”, our teacher said, breaking my train of thoughts.

I wonder what she wants now… and why me and that guy?

 

[after class]

The whole class quickly scrambled out of the classroom as the bell rang, marking the end of another long day. Only him and I remained, waiting, as the teacher tidied her desk. Peeking a glance at ___, all I could see was a poker face on him. That’s a surprise, he’s usually not so… expressionless. But what would I know, it’s not like i’m close to him anyway.

Everyone knows ___, the most popular guy in school, with his looks and charisma… (but I suppose just outer appearance is not enough to grab my heart, unlike most of the other girls in school) and recently he’s been chosen to debut in a new kpop group under CUBE entertainment, thus, he’s missing school half the time for all his practices. Its no surprise his results are dropping as well…

 

[his view]

Haiz, as if I haven’t got enough things on my plate already, I bet she’s going to nag about my results again… it’s not like I don’t want to, I’m too tired to study much now…

Trying not to sigh, I put on a poker face to hide my tiredness. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw ~~~ stealing a glance in my direction.

The model student of this class, average looks, but works very hard. Everyone in class knows that. She’s probably the shy type too, seeing that I don’t see her  hanging out with anyone except her two best friends, and she always seem a bit… awkward, when attention is placed on her…

Why is she called out with me anyway…

“___” the teacher called, startling me, “as you know, your results are dropping. Hence, I’ll like to request ~~~ here to help peer tutor you during your spare time. Is this okay with the two of you?”

 

[a week later, your view]

Jeez, he finally has time to meet up and now he’s one hour late! I should never have agreed to this. Haiz, does he even have the slightest interest to improve his studies?! It’s not like he’s the only one who has a schedule!

I buried my face in my hands in frustration as I waited impatiently in the now empty classroom. Already rumors have been passing around the class about me tutoring him, even before we have our first meeting! I can’t stand the death stares a few girls are starting to give me. All these will just get worse…

“~~~ah?” the irritating familiar voice called, as I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. “mianhamnida, I’m late…”

“aniyo, it’s okay” I forced a smile, knowing how fake it probably looked. “let’s just get started shall we?”

 

[2 hours later]

Wow, he’s actually quite smart. Guess he just has problems catching up since he’s missing school so much. I can’t believe how much he managed to finish in just 2 hours after going through with him.

I took the 2 cold can drinks I bought and went back to the classroom, where I was greeted by his sleeping form. He must be really tired… unconsciously, I begin to take in his sleeping figure. His hair, his eyes, his kissable lips… wait. Did I just think that?! Slapping my mind back to consciousness, I touched the cold drink can to his forehead. ___ half-jumped awake from the sudden cold, a surprised yet slightly sleepy look plastered on his face. I grinned.

“shall we go?”

 

[his view]

“shall we go?”

I only half-heard ~~~’s question as she tried to keep the laughter out of her voice. If the sudden touch of cold didn’t wake me, her voice sure did. I’ve never heard her sound this relaxed, this happy, this… captivating.

Looking up, her smiling face met my eyes, causing my heart to skip a beat.

~~~ah, you should smile like that more often…

 

----------

yeah! finally done with my 1st chapter!! =D hope it's not too boring... >.<

will post the next chapter probably on thurs.. cos tat's when my exams end. =)

 

btw, do you need english translation for the lyrics in the story??

decided to just add eng translation in anyways..

 

thanks for all the comments/subscribers! got so excited when i saw my 1st subscriber! haha =)

 

official beautiful mv with eng subs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctTU6x9g_FQ