Twice

It's Going to be You Always

Note: I used "Twice" as the title because I used a particular shift scene technique twice. Also, the girls from Twice are here. Oh what fun.

 

                Jennie and Lisa were at a café somewhere in the middle of Gangnam, all dressed and waiting for their friends to arrive. “So how’s the wife-to-be?” Lisa asked.

                “Oh I haven’t talked to her since the engagement. It seems she needed a break from everything that has happened.” Jennie explained. She hoped that Lisa wouldn’t press about the events that happened during the engagement party. She isn’t entirely in the mood to talk about the family drama and the confusion she’s feeling.

                “What’s taking them so long? My make-up is starting to melt.” Lisa said and Jennie is thankful she is not asking about Jisoo anymore. She just wants a break from Kim Jisoo. She heard the bell of the café door ring signaling an entrance. “Hey guys, sorry we’re a bit late.” Sana said.

                “Oh my god. Finally.” Jennie rolled her eyes at her newly arrived friend and grabbed her purse from the table and started to dart towards the door. Sana laughed at Jennie and Lisa. “Tzuyu just arrived from China, you know, so we had to wait for her.” Sana explained.

                “You should have told us. We want to fetch her at the airport, too.” Lisa said, obviously pouting. The trio continued walking until they reached the high class bar they usually go to when they don’t want to mingle much. There was a long line tonight but Jennie and her friends just flashed the bouncer their brightest smiles and were immediately accommodated.

 

                “This line is ridiculous! If Seulgi hasn’t forgotten our tickets, we could have been here earlier.” Jisoo said. “Hey! It’s not my fault. Someone is nagging me to move faster. I couldn’t concentrate. I was really annoyed by that, Jisoo!” Seulgi shouted. The venue was jam packed with attendees and it was really noisy, some of the attendees were playing their instruments to actually bother looking at two girls shouting at each other.

                “Whatever! Now where is Sowon? She should have been with us an hour ago.” Jisoo shouted again. “Relax, girl. Sowon’s just buying food.” Chaeyoung trying to reason to Jisoo.

                “Food? But we have complimentary food that came with the purchase of the tickets!” Jisoo explained. Great, there goes their bus fare. Jisoo refrained herself from doing the facepalm and tried to relax. “Hey guys!” Sowon called from afar. “Gee you haven’t moved an inch.” She observed.

               “Nice observation, Sojung! I hope you also observed that we have complimentary food inside.” Seulgi retorted.

                “Let her be. She’s going to walk home.” Jisoo said. Sowon faked offense but smiled as she grabbed a licorice from the bag and ate it obnoxiously in front of Seulgi. “So that must mean, I’ll have all these ramyun for myself. What a night!” Sowon teased. Seulgi stopped glaring and it became obvious that she’s debating to switch sides from Jisoo to Sowon. Thankfully enough, the group’s little banter was halted as the line starts to move.

                As they got inside, Jisoo immediately saw Yongsun a.k.a. Solar and decided to approach her. “H-hello. Sorry to disturb you. I’m here to say break a leg!” Jisoo said. Yongsun beamed at the sight of Jisoo and squealed. “Jisoo! Now I’m sure we’re going to have a great performance. My lucky charm has arrived.” She said while pinching Jisoo’s cheeks.

                “We?” Jisoo asked. But it fell to deaf ears as Yongsun calls people from the back. “Everyone, this is Kim Jisoo. She is my cousin’s fiancée.”

                “Oh! She’s the tech genius! I have one of her cameras. It was so worth the price!” Yongsun’s friend said. “Stop hovering. She’ll find us weird!” Another said and they started bickering.

                “Oh my god…” Jisoo said and the four stopped and looked at her. “Y-you’re Moon Byulyi, the underground rapper and independent musician.” She said pertaining to the gray haired girl who geeked out on her camera. Moonbyul, as she is called, smiled back at her. Shyness slowly creeping in.

                “And you, you’re Hwasa. The sultry singer.” The girl with the long, black hair smiled and wiggled her eyebrows at her. Jisoo is dumbfounded.

                “Hi, I’m Wheein!” a bubbly girl blurted out from behind Yongsun and everyone started to laugh once again. “Jung Wheein?!” Jisoo suddenly realized. “Oh my god, you’re Solar’s pianist and co-vocalist!”

                “Yep yep. That’s me!”

                “Oh my god!! Are you all performing together?” Jisoo said. Yongsun laughed at her reaction. “Well, dear, we are sort of a group now.” She answered and winked at Jisoo. Jisoo’s dumbfounded look made the quartet laugh. “I guess you’ll be cheering for us, Jisoo?” Hwasa asked. Jisoo silently nodded. “That’s great! We now have a big timer fan and it’s just our group’s debut stage!” Wheein exclaimed. As Jisoo returned to their seat, she thinks this is the best night of her life.

 

                Jennie decides to make it the best night of her life before she get married. Upon entering the club, she immediately ordered vodka for all of them and sat at one of the VIP tables. Regardless of the noise and partying, Jennie’s mood doesn’t pick up. The sight of her long-time friends didn’t exactly help. She is just reminded of her ex, and when she is reminded of Nayeon, the confusion inside her worsens and because of that, her mood worsens. She downs her first glass of vodka and immediately reached for the second one. “Wow, Jennie. I didn’t know you’re that happy to see us.” Jihyo, one of her friends said. Jennie faked a smile and continued downing shots of vodka. “The night is still young, Jennie. Slow down.” Lisa’s tone is laced with genuine concern for her best friend.

                “Enough about my drinking. How are you, guys? It’s been a while.” Jennie said, her voice louder than usual in order for her friends to hear her despite the EDM blaring from the DJ. Sana leaned inwards to the center of the group to speak. “I just got an ad campaign gig to Milan this coming September. It’s going to be my first time modeling in Italy! I’m so excited!”

                “I’m going to Los Angeles next week for the blog awards. My YouTube channel was nominated for Best Travel Vlog.” Jihyo announced. “Gee, I am so looking forward to the LA weather.”

                “Good for you, but wouldn’t you like to settle down and, you know, maybe find someone to date?” Lisa asked and Jihyo was quick to shake her head as if the idea of settling down disgusts her. Tzuyu, in time, entered their booth with the third batch of vodka shots in her hand. “Enough about us, ladies. Jennie, what is this I hear that you’re getting married? Last I heard you’re the one who is most repulsed at the idea in this group.” She said.

                “Well as if I had a choice.” Jennie said as she drank her seventh shot of vodka. “Did you know our company is close to being bankrupt? God, my uncle is sooooo stupid!” Jennie feels light headed now and the alcohol is making her tongue loose. “Because of that, I am off to marry this girl. This… this Kim Jisoo. She’s pretty, alright. No, no, scratch that. She’s beautiful. Beautiful and mysterious. A lethal combination.”

                “Lethal, indeed.” Jihyo said and her friends laugh at the obvious intoxication of Jennie. Sana placed her arms around Jennie. “Tell us more, Jen. We are very curious of this Jisoo ever since we saw the news on TV.”

                “I am very much disappointed though, Jennie. We have to learn about your engagement in the news and not directly from you.” Tzuyu retorted. “How can I possibly tell you guys immediately when I didn’t even have time to process it for myself? One moment I was partying with you guys and then the next I’m getting married in a month’s time. What the hell, right?”

                “So when can we meet this girl? Lisa has met her already. When can we?” Jihyo asked. Jennie shrugged and downed another drink. This time it’s gin. She winced and drank her soda. “I don’t think you’ll meet her soon, sorry. I’m not even sure she wants to push through with the wedding. It’s weird. She’s weird. I can’t understand her, yet she seems to have me wrapped around her finger.” Jennie blurted. Lisa and her other friends were shocked. Where was this coming from? “I mean, I just met her, right? It’s not like she’s Nayeon who has my heart. I mean, I don’t know anymore…” Jennie finished with an exasperated sigh.

                “Speaking of Nayeon,” Sana said. “I heard she’s doing well in Tokyo.”

                “Is she seeing someone new?” Lisa slowly asked. The three of them glanced at Jennie who also waited for the answer. “Well yes, she’s with a girl named Mina now. I don’t know what she does but according to a friend she’s a tycoon.”

                “So she goes for business tycoons now, huh? Immediately after we broke up? Jeez, no biggie, she just broke my heart, that’s all.” Jennie answered bitterly. She signaled for the waiter to bring them another batch of shots. Jennie glanced at her watch. It’s 9:30. Lisa is right. The night is still young.