Bae Joohyun

It's Going to be You Always

Taeyeon’s wrath is nothing compared to that of Jisoo’s older sister, Jennie observes. The two families met again on a Tuesday somewhere in Pyeongchang where one of the restaurant managed by Joohyun is located. This time, the older generation is gone and the ones in attendance were Taeyeon, BM, Yeri, and Jennie. Yongsun declined to come as she said she had practice with her friends for their performance in Gwangju. What a waste. We could definitely use her sense of humor right now.” Jennie thought. She eyed Jisoo who still has a bandage on her head and a band aid on her nose. She also has a fat lip and a bruise on her eyes. Despite that, she still smiled at them as if she isn’t hurting. Jennie observed Joohyun. She was more silent and cold than the usual which makes everything ominous.

                “Pleased to meet you, I’m Kim Taeyeon. I am the oldest cousin and I am temporarily in charge of the arrangement. Our grandfather was down with the flu so he couldn’t come. He sends his apologies.”

                “Bae Joohyun, and this is my sister Kim Jisoo. I will pray for your grandfather’s fast recovery.” Joohyun replied rather a little too formally. Jisoo tried to hide the smile at her older sister’s reply. She isn’t used to seeing Joohyun in business mode.

                “Ms. Bae, to cut to the chase, we are here because we would like to sincerely apologize for my cousin’s behavior. It wasn’t her best decision.” Taeyeon started and bowed down. Jennie immediately felt embarrassed to have her cousin apologize for her mistake. “That’s okay, Ms. Kim. I think I would like to hear the explanation straight from Jennie.” Joohyun replies as she stared directly to Jennie, in which she blushed and immediately bowed her head down.

                “I wasn’t in the best emotional state these couple of weeks before the engagement. I took it out on drinking and partying. Last Sunday night included. Chaehee was an acquaintance introduced by a friend that same night. I swear there was nothing between us. Regardless of my reasons, those weren’t reasonable excuses for what I did and for that I am sincerely sorry.” Jennie concluded and suddenly she felt shy looking at her fiancée.

                Joohyun sighed. “And what will you say for yourself, Jisoo?” she said coldly. Jisoo is silent for a while and beamed. “I punched a guy the other night. Have you seen it?” she said excitedly. Everyone in the table was a bit shocked by Jisoo’s pride of her “delinquency”. Jennie smiled and looked at her cousins who are obviously in disbelief.

                “Kim Jisoo! Is that supposed to be an apology?” Joohyun said slightly raising her stern voice. It sent chills down Jennie’s spine and she observed it wiped the smile on Jisoo’s face as well. The younger of the sisters rolled her eyes and bowed down. “I’m sorry I caused some trouble. I don’t really know how to apologize for that, to be honest. It isn't even my fault why that ruckus started. We were harrassed.” Jisoo said and Taeyeon started to laugh. Joohyun, on the other hand, rolled her eyes on her sister.

                “Look at you, your face is full of bruises and you’re here making a joke of it. Sometimes, you’re too ridiculous even for me. Can you at least apologize for putting yourself in danger and creating the condition to start bad rumors about the arrangement?” Joohyun commented and sighed. Yeri leaned closer to Jisoo to take a look at her face. “But,” Yeri said. “You got to admit, Jisoo looked so cool in that tabloid photo! To be able to take on a gang like that.”

                “I know, I’m cool, right?” Jisoo said comically. Yeri and BM laughed and Jisoo stopped when she finds Joohyun glaring at her. “Joohyun’s only mad because she arrived on the station and found Sowon taking a selfie of us inside the cell.”

                “What was the name of the gang you punched the faces out again? They sound like a big shot.” Yeri said. “Bigbang. That’s their name.” Jisoo proudly announced and winked at Jennie using her injured eye. Jennie finds Jisoo ridiculous and endearing right now. She doesn’t know how her fiancée does it but it sure captured her attention.

                “Enough of that, Yeri. Let Jisoo rest her lips.” Taeyeon reprimanded her youngest cousin. “Let her be, Ms. Kim. I’m sure my Jisoo enjoys the attention.” Joohyun said. “Anyway, would you like to have lunch with us? On the house.”

                “Do you have ramyun, Joohyun-unnie?” Yeri asked excitedly. “Seriously, Kim Yerim. You have no shame.” Jennie said. Yeri poked her tongue and looked at Joohyun expectantly. It seems the youngest Kim has made Bae Joohyun forget her wrath and actually laughed. “As a matter of fact, Yeri, I had a new ramyun chef in my team.” Joohyun answered and signaled to one of her waiters and talked to him in private. “I asked my staff to call my new ramyun chef. You can make your request to her, Yeri.” The younger girl whooped in excitement as she relayed her favorite ramyun dishes.

                “You called for me, Miss Bae?” a familiar voice distracted Jennie from listening to Yeri’s ramyun discussion. She then heard Jisoo obnoxious laugh. “So this is where you work!”

                “Seulgi?!” Jennie exclaimed as she saw Jisoo’s best friend clad in a head chef garb and smiling at everyone shyly. “So that’s why you got pale last night when Joohyun came to fetch us at the station. She’s your boss!” Jisoo exclaimed.

                “You can imagine how mad I was when I realized my prized chef is also my troublemaking sister’s right hand woman.” Joohyun told Taeyeon and the older woman laughed her genuine shy laugh. Seulgi, on the other hand, blushed at Joohyun's comment. “Hey, Seulgi! Since you’re Jisoo’s friend, you are going to be my friend too. You like ramyun?” Yeri asked.

                “Well... I am kind of the ramyun chef, kiddo. So yes, I like ramyun.” Seulgi answered.

                “Like is an understatement. Seulgi makes this little bear noises whenever she eats them with a lot of kimchi. You should see her when she does. She is so not cool.” Jisoo explained.

                “Shut your idiotic mouth, Jisoo!” Seulgi exclaimed and her small eyes widen when she realized she is the presence of her boss who happens to be her best friend’s sister. “Hey, Seulgi. I am not a kid. I am Kim Ye Rim. Everyone calls me Yeri. I am 15 years old. And don’t be shy around Joohyun-unnie. I think she’s loving the banter between you and Jisoo. She won't be staring at you if she doesn't.” Yeri announced. Jennie smiled at the obvious blush that crept up Joohyun’s cheeks.

                “So, what’s your specialty, Kang? Impress me.” Jennie said smirking at Seulgi who is now glaring at her. Yeri asked Seulgi for her favorite ramyun dish and asked some for herself. The others told their orders too.

                “Seulgi, don’t be too clumsy. After all, your boss is watching.” Jennie said and smiled tauntingly at Seulgi while Jisoo laughs. “Do your best, Chef Kang!” she said while offering a salute.

 

Note: Bae Joohyun is enamored with Yeri. Jisoo isn't even mad. She finds it amazing. Stay tuned, Red Velvet is coming.