Hongdae

It's Going to be You Always

“What do you mean you’re engaged? Since when?” Lisa exclaimed as she and Jennie met one Saturday at their favorite coffee shop. Everything was quiet except for Lisa demanding answers from Jennie. “How come I didn’t know about this?” she asked once again. “I thought you weren’t seeing anyone.” Lisa pouted, looking betrayed.

                “Hey I wasn’t seeing anyone. This is arranged between our families.” Jennie explained. Lisa was quiet for some time, looking at her with pity. Jennie glared at her which made her best friend laugh. “So who is the lucky fiancé?”

                “She’s a girl. Apparently my family knows that I date girls too and used it to their advantage.” She sighed rolling her eyes. Lisa really finds this situation funny. “Okay, she’s a girl. Now, who is she?” Lisa asked again. Jennie brought the magazine from her bag and threw it across the table to Lisa. In turn, Lisa’s eyes widen at the sight of the person on the cover who happens to be Jennie’s fiancée. “You’re marrying Jisoo? As in THE Kim Jisoo?”

                “I didn’t know you were acquainted.” Jennie retorted. She looked at Lisa with a raised eyebrow waiting for an explanation. Instead, Lisa closed the magazine and leaned towards Jennie. “Let’s go to Hongdae!” she exclaimed.

                “What? Why?”

                “Nothing. Hongdae is a small community, maybe we will be able to catch a glimpse of your awesome fiancée. Introduce me properly when you do. Also, it’s high time you visit our shop.” Lisa said. Jennie would usually say no to impromptu road trip like this but seeing the puppy dog eyes her best friend is making. “I don’t trust you. What are you planning?”

                “You wound me! How dare you insinuate that I have something bad planned?” Lisa said between bouts of laughter. Jennie rolled her eyes and stood up. The girls made their way to Jennie’s Mercedes Benz. It has been a long time since she and Lisa just spent the afternoon traveling. Although Hongdae isn’t really that far from the coffee shop in uptown Seoul, the drive provided to be a good one. The ambience of the afternoon helped along with the cold breeze.

                They arrived at their shop ten minutes past 3 in the afternoon and Jennie made a little check up on the display and talked to the staff. She decided that her staff deserves a raise for all the effort they put into the shop. Lisa and Jennie then decided to go shopping in the nearby jewelry stores after all, Hongdae is known for their cheap items. It took the girls only fifteen minutes to do their shopping which is surprising for both of them

                As they were feasting on ice cream after their shopping spree, Jennie’s attention was caught by an obnoxiously loud laughter nearby. Somehow she finds the laugh familiar. She and Lisa looked at the direction of the laughter and there, by the pancake kiosk, she saw Jisoo. She is with a girl taller than her, a cheeky smile on her face, laughing hard at what Jisoo is saying. "Looks like it's my lucky day. What did I tell you? Hongdae is small, am I right?" Lisa said and ran approaching Jisoo and her friend. Jennie was dumbfounded. It never occured to her that maybe Jisoo is seeing someone. Now, the she is starting to feel bad about the arrangement.

"Hello, Jisoo, right?" Jennie heard Lisa say. "I'm Lisa, best friend extraordinnaire of the one and only Jennie Kim." She finished while doing the jazz hands to the direction of where Jennie is standing. Jisoo's eyes widen and looked at the direction where Jennie is standing. A moment later, Jisoo relaxed and smiled. "Nice to meet you, Lisa. Since when are you here, Jennie?" she asked.

"Just this afternoon. Apparently, someone is a big fan of yours." She replied, gesturing to Lisa. Jisoo once again beamed brightly at her best friend. "Oh, and I am Seulgi. Jisoo's partner-in-crime also known as her best friend. I introduced myself since she won't." Seulgi said after a heartbeat. "I didn't know you know Jennie Kim personally. We were just talking about her last Friday."

"Jisoo and Jennie just got engaged yesterday." Lisa volunteered. Jisoo and Jennie looked at Lisa, wide-eyed.