Chapter 7

The Vampire and The 'Shifter

Hoetaek managed to come see Yuto during the night a few days later, bringing along Yanan who finally managed to get away from Kino's prying eyes.

Chani and Sungyeol met them outside as Yanan got out of Hoetaek's car with Hoetaek following after him. "You weren't followed were you?" Asked Chani. "As far as we know, no," said Hoetaek. "You said there was a place nearby for him?" Asked Sungyeol. "Yes but it'll take a bit to set up everything," said Hoetaek. "You have until 2 days from now," said Chani. Hoetaek nodded. Yanan grabbed his bags and walked on in with Sungyeol showing him to Yuto's room before leaving him to settle in.

"I'm sorry again, for coming to you for help but I don't know who else to go to," said Hoetaek as Sungyeol came back outside. "No problem," said Chani as he shook his head. "We have a reason for it though, but that is up to Sungyeol to explain," he said. "Put me on the spot why don't you," grumbled Sungyeol, earning a chuckle from Chani.

"If you want to take a walk with me," said Sungyeol as he turned to Hoetaek. Hoetaek nodded, motioning for Sungyeol to lead the way. "Good luck," called Chani as Sungyeol walked off the porch and into the forest with Hoetaek following after him.

"You wouldn't believe how much Chani was against helping you," said Sungyeol as they walked. "I know, a rogue 'shifter asking a vampire for help? The 'shifter must be insane," said Hoetaek. "But he mentioned there was more to it, what's the reason?" He asked.

"Well," said Sungyeol. "I think... I think I found my mate in you," he blurted, causing Hoetaek to blink and turn to Sungyeol as he stopped. "Come again?" Asked Hoetaek. "I think, I found my mate in you," Sungyeol said, more quietly this time. Hoetaek hummed in response as he turned away. "You have the worst timing I swear," he said, shaking his head. Sungyeol hummed as he kept his attention focused on the ground.

"Look," said Hoetaek as he turned around to look at Sungyeol. "I have yet to find my own mate here," he said. "But if word gets to my pack that a damn vampire found their mate in me you could be in more danger than before," he said. Sungyeol looked at Hoetaek expecting him to be pissed, but he didn't look mad, just conflicted. "This just got more complicated," he said, sighing as he looked away. "I'm sorry," he said.

Hoetaek walked up to Sungyeol and put his hands on his shoulders, forcing Sungyeol to look at him. "I'm not going to reject you," he said firmly. "Because that would hurt me more," he said. Sungyeol blinked. "You mean?" He asked. Hoetaek nodded, moving his hands away to comb through his hair in frustration.

"Can I see your animal form?" Sungyeol asked suddenly. Hoetaek looked up at Sungyeol with an eyebrow raised. "I want to see if there's any difference with your hair dyed a different color," Sungyeol said, chuckling slightly. "I guess," said Hoetaek as he sighed. "I'll be... Over there," he said, pointing to a tree before going to strip and change. Sungyeol chuckled some as he turned away for a few seconds, suddenly admiring the scenery though it was still dark.

Hoetaek's wolf form stepped out from behind the tree, rubbing his snout as he walked up to Sungyeol and bumped him with his snout. Sungyeol turned his attention to Hoetaek. He laughs. "Your fur has a reddish tint to it now," he said, laughing some. Hoetaek snorts in annoyance, shaking out his fur. "Catch me if you can pup," Sungyeol said with a smirk as he sprinted off, causing Hoetaek to whine in surprise before running after Sungyeol.

They were soon joined by Yanan who's chocolate brown wolf was now a lighter shade thanks to him dying his hair blond. "Oh come on!" Said Sungyeol as he dodged out of Yanan's way, hopping into a tree and crouching. "No fair," he whined, causing Hoetaek to bare his teeth in a smirk.

"I'm still taller than you in human form though," Sungyeol said, sticking out his tongue before hopping down and onto Hoetaek's back. "Onward my noble steed!" He said, causing Hoetaek to snort before running back with Yanan. Once back to where Hoetaek changed Sungyeol hopped off his back and Hoetaek went to change and put on his clothes. Yanan went to grab his clothes before coming back in human form and dressed, waiting for Hoetaek.

Hoetaek came back dressed in a black biker jacket with a pair of black pants and shoes. "I'm going to go now, but here," he said, wrapping his scarf around Sungyeol's neck. "My scent is going to drive the others crazy but," he said with a snicker. "It won't last for long anyway," he said. Sungyeol hummed as he nodded.

"Take care of that scarf," said Hoetaek as they headed back. "Yuto gave it to me," he said. Sungyeol chuckled some. "I will," he said. "Keep them safe until I get back," Hoetaek said to Yanan. "No promises but," Yanan said shrugging. "I'll definitely do my best to keep Yuto safe," he said. "Him being the only human, he's a bit more fragile than the rest of us," said Sungyeol. Hoetaek nodded before getting in his car and starting it, backing out of the driveway and driving off.

Yanan and Sungyeol headed inside, where Chani was looking smug as he grinned at Sungyeol. "Oh shut up," said Sungyeol as he grabbed one of the couch pillows and hit Chani with it. Chani chuckled some, with Yanan shaking his head.

"I could see when he got here how he visibly relaxed once he saw you," said Chani. "I didn't say anything to him, just told him you had something to say to him," he said, shrugging. "He gave you his prized scarf, I think he's okay with it," said Yanan as he shrugged before heading into his and Yuto's room.

"Ugh, this place is going to stink like 'shifters for the next few days," Sungjong said with a pout as he came out of his room. "Deal with it, Hoetaek's gonna be around a bit more often now because of Sungyeol," said Chani. "God damn it," Sungjong said, sighing, earning chuckles from Sungyeol and Chani.