Chapter 12

The Vampire and The 'Shifter

There was a commotion outside while Hoetaek and Sungyeol were in their room and Chani came to get them. "It's a different wolf," said Chani. "Who the hell tracked us here this time?" Asked Hoetaek as he went to see, with Sungyeol following after him, with Yanan following them outside after a few minutes.

"Changgu?" Asked Hoetaek. "What the hell did they do to you kid!" He said as he went to see the damage done to the sandy colored wolf. Sungyeol blinked, and Yanan ran over, looking concerned for him. "Do you have a first aid kit?" Asked Hoetaek as he turned to Sungyeol. That seemed to push Sungyeol to move as he ran inside to get it, coming back with the first aid kit and leaning down to check on Changgu. Hoetaek and Yanan moved to let Sungyeol check him.

"Oh hell, we are not about to let another 'shifter into our house," said Sungjong as he came outside. "That isn't up for you to decide Sungjong," said Sungyeol as he softly hushed the whimpering wolf while he applied rubbing alcohol to his wounds to clean them. "Listen here leech," spat Yanan as he turned to Sungjong. "If it were anyone else I'd agree with you but Changgu's not like the others," he said with a growl. "Back off Yanan," said Hoetaek.

"Why should I back off?" Snarled Yanan as he turned to Hoetaek. "You're scaring Changgu for one," said Hoetaek as he kept his expression neutral. "I'm not about to let them throw out an injured 'shifter," he said. "But they've already done so much with accepting us," he said.

"Hoetaek's right," said Chani as he came outside. "But even us vampires have compassion," he said. "This is Jaemin all over again," said Sungjong as he sighed. "Except it's a giant wolf," Chani said with a humorless chuckle.

"He can stay until he gets better," he said, turning to Hoetaek and Yanan. "After that, it's completely up to you because it's your pack we're dealing with here," he said. "There's more than enough people on your side to make this decision," he said. "Since you're Sungyeol's mate you're unofficial members of the coven," he said. "Thank you," said Hoetaek as he turned to Sungyeol who was still patching up the wounds.

"Almost done," said Sungyeol as he checked all spots for anymore wounds. "How are we gonna get him into the house?" Asked Hoetaek. "I don't know but one question," said Sungyeol. "You guys don't communicate mentally like the 'shifters in Twilight right?" He asked. "No," said Yanan. "But I can see why you're being cautious about this," he said, sighing a bit.

"Changgu," Hoetaek said softly as he went over after Sungyeol backed off a bit after checking everything. "Who did this to you?" He asked, petting the wolf on the head. He sighed a bit when Changgu was silent. "We need to get him inside," he said. "Can you change back? I think Sungyeol is done," he said. Changgu nodded, stretching slightly, whimpering from the slight pain as he returned to human form, shivering as he hugged his knees. Hoetaek bent over and picked him up, carrying him bridal style and bringing him inside. Yanan and Sungyeol followed after him. Hoetaek took Changgu into the bathroom to wipe him clean, Yanan standing outside the door keeping guard.

"You guys care for him a lot," said Sungyeol as he came over with some clean clothes. "Changgu's my brother," said Yanan. "We were close and of course old Hoetaek took us in after we both started changing," he said. "He's so innocent it's not even funny," he said, sighing a bit. Sungyeol nodded in understanding, opening the door after knocking once and dropping the clothes on the sink, taking a few seconds to watch Hoetaek wipe Changgu with a cloth before stepping outside again. "Almost done?" Asked Yanan. Sungyeol nodded and went to see if Yuto could make some hot chocolate for Changgu.

"I think you might be exiled to my room again," said Sungyeol as he helped Yuto make some hot chocolate for the others. Yuto hummed in response. "He looks so... Broken," he said. "All three of them do," agreed Sungyeol as he sighed. "I'm fine with being exiled to your room," said Yuto. Sungyeol nodded and they both turned when Myungsoo came out of his room.

"I'm going hunting," said Myungsoo. "I'll go with you," said Sungyeol. "Go, you look like you need the distraction," said Yuto. "Jaemin! Help me make some hot chocolate please," he called. Jaemin came out of his and Chani's room rather quickly, wanting to help Yuto. Sungyeol and Myungsoo nodded and left, going hunting.

"I want to go after this damn pack so much it hurts," said Sungyeol as they stalked after a herd of moose. "Yeah, I know the feeling," said Myungsoo as he sighed a bit. "This is basically a repeat of Jaemin," he said. "Except we're dealing with bigger wolves, and these aren't as fragile," he said. "Well, except the wolf that went in with the other two," he added. "Those two were so devastated to see their friend like that," he said.

"Well, Yanan's that new wolf's brother," said Sungyeol as he paused, causing Myungsoo to stop beside him. "But the three do seem close," he said. They soon went after the herd, causing all but two to scatter as Sungyeol and Myungsoo tackled both, draining them. Once done they went to bury them, going straight home afterwards.

Hoetaek and Yuto were exiled to Sungyeol's room that night, Yanan having a defeated look on his face when he came to Sungyeol's room with Yuto and Hoetaek in tow. "They can stay," said Sungyeol when he looked over from his spot in front of the closet where he had just gotten done changing after taking a shower. "Thank you," said Yanan before he went back to his and Yuto's room.

Yuto went to get an extra pillow and blanket for Hoetaek before going to take a shower. Hoetaek tackled Sungyeol, burying his face into Sungyeol's chest as he fought back a sob. "He's so broken," he said, a sob escaping him as Sungyeol wrapped his arms around him. "I don't know what to do," he sobbed as Sungyeol gently hushed him, going to lay down with Hoetaek laying across his chest.

"We'll get our revenge, don't worry," said Sungyeol. "I'm not letting this go without a damn fight," he said. "I don't want to lose you either," said Hoetaek, a whimper escaping him. "You won't," said Sungyeol. "I swear on it," he said. He hummed a lullaby, letting his hand that was lying across Hoetaek's back draw patterns, hoping to lull him to sleep.

It was how Yuto found them a few minutes later, looking worried for his friend before going to lay down in bed with a soft groan, curling up into a ball under the blankets before eventually falling asleep.

Chani came to check on them during the night while Sungyeol was browsing his phone. "Those two finally calmed down?" Sungyeol asked quietly when he spotted Chani. "Yeah," said Chani as he huffed out a sigh. "I can see Hoetaek and Yuto did too," he said. "For now," said Sungyeol. "For now," agreed Chani before he left the room, softly closing the door behind him.