Chapter 1

The Vampire and The 'Shifter

Sungyeol and Jaemin were dragged along by Sungjong to Toronto as Sungjong needed to hunt. Jaemin was more than willing to go since he was looking for new outfits to change into while Sungyeol just tagged along because he kept Sungjong company.

"Tell me again why I came along?" Asked Jaemin as they walked into a mall. "Chani wants you to get a necklace of some sorts, so he can distinguish you from any other wolves in the forest," said Sungyeol. "Oh, okay," said Jaemin.

Sungyeol walked with Jaemin until he found a jewelry store, going with Jaemin to look for something he could wear. Jaemin eventually found a chain with a J on it, so Sungyeol bought it, slipping the chain around Jaemin's neck. "Perfect," said Jaemin as he grinned. Sungyeol chuckled, thanking the person behind the counter as he got the receipt with the box the necklace came in and put it in his pocket. They headed out afterwards, Jaemin looking proud to wear the necklace as Sungyeol went to buy him dinner while checking on where Sungjong was.

"Oh," said Jaemin. "Kihyun and Jisung asked if it was okay to room in our house for a bit while they get missions done," he said, turning to Sungyeol. "Ah, wouldn't that be Chani's decision in the matter?" Asked Sungyeol. "You're the one with the phone hyung," said Jaemin as he chuckled some. "Oh right," said Sungyeol as he went to text Chani.

"How'd you know about that?" He asked. "They're right here?" Asked Jaemin as he spotted Kihyun and Jisung leaning against a low lying wall. "Oh, hey," said Sungyeol as he walked over with Jaemin. Kihyun smiled in greeting. "Sorry for not asking ahead of time but," he said, scratching the back of his head. "We were here for a while now, but this is the first time we ran into you guys," he said. Jisung scratched the back of his head. "Ah, you look like you're freezing Jisung," said Jaemin. Jisung chuckled some. "I'll be alright," he said, adjusting his scarf.

"We came to this spot looking for someone," said Kihyun. "And found you guys, I hope Sungjong isn't getting caught yet or anything," he said. "He's not," said Sungyeol as he showed the text from Sungjong. "Go get food Jaemin," he said. "Sure," said Jaemin as he ran to get food from the nearby food court.

"What's this about?" Asked Sungyeol. "Ah, a messenger was supposed to meet us here," said Jisung. "He had our location of the next vampire so," he said, shrugging. Sungyeol hummed in response. "Not Sungjong I'm assuming?" He asked. Kihyun shook his head. "We wouldn't be talking so casually if that was the case," he said. "Fair enough," said Sungyeol as he went to stand by Kihyun, half sitting half standing against the low lying wall.

Jaemin came back with food a few minutes later and Sungyeol pushed himself away from the wall. "I'll see you guys around then," said Sungyeol. "And yes, you can come over, I think Chani still has your number Jisung," he said. "He does," said Jisung as he got a text. "I'll see you around then," he said, nodding to Sungyeol and Jaemin as they left, going to look for Sungjong so they could go home.

Sungjong was waiting for them at the entrance of the mall, looking tense. "What the hell is a 'shifter doing here?" He asked. "Ah, probably Jisung's informant," said Sungyeol. "Are you sure?" Asked Sungjong. "We literally just ran into them," said Jaemin. "And be friendly towards them yeah? Chani just gave the okay for them coming over and staying a few days," he said. "Alright," said Sungjong as he sighed, causing Sungyeol and Jaemin to chuckle as they headed to the jeep with Sungjong following after them.

While they were walking to the jeep someone ran passed them in a hurry, nearly shoving Jaemin to the ground if Jaemin didn't have the quick reflexes to jump out of the way. "Who was that?" Asked Jaemin. "I think that was their informant," said Sungyeol as Jisung and Kihyun ran over.

"God damn," said Kihyun as he and Jisung stopped, panting. "Something must've come up," said Sungyeol as he turned to Jisung and Kihyun. "We got our information at least but he looked panicked as soon as he turned away from us," said Jisung. "A 'shifter, in danger?" Asked Sungyeol. "Hm," he said.

There was a commotion behind them as the scent of 'shifters reached Sungyeol and Sungjong's noses, nearly causing them both to gag as they covered their noses. "Who the hell?" Asked Kihyun as he turned towards the scent.

"Excuse me," said one of the 'shifters as they stopped in front of them. "Have you guys seen a dude with brown hair run by here?" He asked. "No," said Sungyeol, getting looks from the others. "Haven't seen anyone with the scent of a 'shifter with your description," he said nonchalantly as he shrugged. "Hm, alright," said the 'shifter as he eyed Sungyeol and the others before running off again.

"He already knew what we were, no use in hiding it," Sungjong said with a snort. "Exactly," Sungyeol said with a chuckle. "Well, no use in hiding it then," said Kihyun as he chuckled some. "I'll meet you guys back at our house then," said Sungyeol. "Sure," said Kihyun as he nodded. Sungyeol, Sungjong, and Jaemin continued walking to the jeep and headed home.

Chani was sitting on the porch swing with Myungsoo when they got back, Jaemin having ate his food on the way home so they didn't cook anything for him. "Ah, welcome back guys," said Chani. "Hey," said Sungyeol as he got out of the jeep with the others getting out after him.

"What's this about a 'shifter being in Toronto?" Asked Myungsoo as they hung out on the front porch for a bit, waiting on Kihyun and Jisung's arrival. "Well apparently he was their informant," said Sungyeol as he shrugged. "Ran passed us pretty quickly, must've been on the run from someone," he said. "Hm," said Chani as he nodded. "Just be careful next time you're in Toronto," he said. "No promises," Sungyeol said with a chuckle.