Chapter 6

The Vampire and The 'Shifter

Yuto's appearance in their coven was different that was for sure. Everyone that was a vampire had to hunt extra just to be around him for more than a few hours, and that was only during the night. On Yuto's days off Sungyeol dropped him and Jaemin off in the city to do some bonding since those two seemed to do okay on their own, and Jaemin was aware of where the rest of Hoetaek's ragtag bunch called a pack were so he kept Yuto away from them.

Today Jaemin was with Yuto and Sungyeol, Yuto needing to go into Toronto for a new phone. He could finally afford a smart phone so they went to set up an account for him. They made sure he had the best plan and what not before leaving the store with a new phone and new case for him.

"Oh, it's the friend from the other day," Yuto said suddenly while they were stopped to get food at a Subway. Sungyeol looked in that direction, his eyebrows raising as Jaemin went to choose his sandwich. "I'll pay for it," said Yuto. "You go speak to our friend," he said. Sungyeol hummed before nodding, moving out of the line and going towards where the 'shifter was sitting.

"Fancy meeting you here," he said as he sat down in front of the 'shifter. "Ah, it's pure coincidence I think," said the 'shifter. "What has you going after my friends here?" Asked Sungyeol as he kept an eye on Yuto and Jaemin. "Relax, I'm on your side," said the 'shifter.

"The name's Yanan," said Yanan as he shrugged. "Was told by Hui to keep an eye on him, though it seems you're doing a good job of that," he said. "Animal?" Asked Sungyeol. "Wolf," said Yanan as he nodded. "And Hui?" Asked Sungyeol. "He's doing fine, just staying low for now," said Yanan.

"How do we know we can trust you?" Asked Sungyeol as he turned to Yanan. "You can't," said Yanan. "But I can't trust you either," he said. Yuto and Jaemin came over with their sandwiches and drinks, Yuto handing a coffee to Sungyeol who took it and took a sip.

"So Hui sent you to keep an eye on me eh?" Asked Yuto. "While you were still in the city, but it seems your friends here do a fine job of that outside the city," said Yanan. "Where is he?" Asked Yuto. "My place," said Yanan. "Doing some undercover work, he's lucky Kino doesn't know I left them," he said.

"Do you mind me asking why Kino's so intent on looking for him?" Asked Sungyeol. "Somewhere else," said Yanan. "This place has too many ears, already spotted Kino across the street," he said. "Luckily Kino gave me this tracking job to hunt you down," he said. "You still have your same number Yuto?" He asked. Yuto nodded. "I'll send you a text of a location then," said Yanan. "Leave first, I'll go a bit later," he said. Sungyeol nodded and left with Jaemin and Yuto.

"Could've told me you knew him," said Sungyeol once they were back in the jeep. "Sorry, I saw a few others with him the other day," said Yuto. "I know I can trust him, it was Yanan that got me out of the gang and Hoetaek that got me to Toronto," he said. "We'll see what happens with him, I don't trust him yet," said Sungyeol as he got a call. He put his phone on the dock and waited for someone to say something.

"Is this Sungyeol?" Came Hoetaek's voice. "Yes, what's up?" Asked Sungyeol. "Meet at Yuto's Starbucks in 10 minutes, I'll explain everything," said Hoetaek. "We ran into Yanan," said Yuto. "I know, which is why I contacted Chani to get your number," said Hoetaek. "We'll be there," said Sungyeol. "Be careful," said Hoetaek before he hung up.

Sungyeol made a u-turn, driving back towards the place that Yuto worked, parking in front of it and getting out. Jaemin and Yuto followed after him, the three of them going into the Starbucks. They noticed the newspaper in the corner, with the date being the day they met so Sungyeol walked over with Jaemin and Yuto.

"Like reading old news?" Asked Sungyeol as he sat down. Hoetaek snorts before moving his newspaper down. "I guess," he said, folding the newspaper and moving forward in his seat. "Now," he said. "Don't mind Yanan, but if you see Kino I suggest you run," he said. "Yanan will be dying his hair blond, to get out of the city," he said. "I already asked Chani and he said yes but only for a day before he needs to leave," he said. "I found a house nearby for him but I don't know how long he has until they find out," he said.

"Why are they so intent on finding you?" Asked Sungyeol. "I'm supposed to be the main alpha," said Hoetaek. "But I didn't want the job," he said. "For some reason they have it in their heads that to get the next alpha is to kill me, and those involved," he said. "Who's trying to become the next alpha?" Asked Sungyeol. "Wooseok, our current youngest," said Hoetaek. "Hm," said Sungyeol.

"I just need you to hold out for the next few days," Hoetaek said, glancing at Yuto. "I'll be alright," said Yuto. "I've definitely dealt with worse," he said. Sungyeol snorts. "Okay, sure," he said. "We'll be alright," he said.

"Is there anyone else we should look out for?" Asked Jaemin. "No," said Hoetaek. "Thank you for taking the time to meet me," he said, unfolding the newspaper and putting it to his face again just as the door chimed and in walked Kino. Sungyeol nodded, tapping the table twice as he got up. "Well, we should go then," he said. "See you around uncle," said Jaemin as he grinned, getting up and leaving with Sungyeol. Yuto was hesitant but got up and ran after them.

Kino followed them outside, keeping his distance as Sungyeol put Yuto between himself and Jaemin as they got to the jeep. "Let's get out of here," said Yuto as he got into the backseat with Jaemin and Sungyeol in the front. Sungyeol nodded and started the jeep before driving off, heading home.