Prologue

Take Me Away

                Kevin dragged Eli by the hand, bringing him to his secret hideout. That one place that he could stay all day, looking up at the sky as he lay down on the grassy plains watching the clouds forming shapes he’d try to guess. He would close his eyes, allowing his other senses to grow sensitive towards his surroundings as he listened to the sounds of nature- the melodies of the birds, the rustling of the tall grasses as the wind blew. He’d take a deep breath, inhaling the smell of the earth as he runs his hands down the wildflowers that surround him.

            “Where are you taking me?” Eli huffed as they climbed up the never ending hill.

            “You’ll see.” Kevin smirked as he leads the man whom he had shared every living memory for as long as he can remember with.

            After what seem like an eternity and a bazillion mile climbing the hill, they finally reached the tip of it. The vast grassland with splatters of colourful wildflowers took Eli’s breathe away as Kevin lets go of his tight grip on Eli and rushed to the only tree on top of the hill.

            “Whoa, Kevin.” Eli finally managed to breathe out as he sliced through the tall grass hands running over it.

            “Amazing ain’t it?” Kevin called out as he swung himself on a tyre swing attached to the shady tree.

            “Oh hell yeah, Kevin!” Eli screamed as he flopped down and started rolling around on the green Earth.

            Kevin could feel the walls around his lungs closing in tighter. He clenched his chest, suppressing the pain that builds up inside him. He took short breathes as he tried to calm his heart down, and regulates his breathing.

            ‘No, please not now, God. Please.’ Kevin silently prayed, as his face started to lose its colour and his lips turned dry.

            With much effort, Kevin finally stood up from the swing and dragged his feet to where Eli was laying down, with his eyes close. He looks so peaceful. Kevin knelt down as he puts his hands over Eli’s eyes, shading him from the sunlight that shone on him. Kevin admired the handsome man’s features right before him.

            ‘Might as well. I don’t know if there’d be another chance for me in the future.’ Kevin thought as he bit on his lips.

            Eli slowly opened his eyes and slowly puts down Kevin’s hands as he pulled Kevin next to him. Kevin sat next to him, his legs folded up to his chest as he looked towards the sky.

            “You’re hiding something from me aren’t you?” Eli mouthed, his hands over his eyes as he sat up, staring at Kevin who was deep in his thoughts.