Chapter 8

Sunlight Over Rainy Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Well, we first meet in High School. We were in the same class all the three years.”

 

“But aren’t you younger than me?”

 

“Yes, but you were late 1 year because something had happened in middle school.”


 

“You were a easygoing student in the school. You strongest point was Korean History, and weakest was Math.” Byul chuckled remembering how bad Yong Sun was with math. “You were always reading thru the classes.”

 

“Was I a loner?” The brunette asked curious.

 

“No. You had a close friend, Bae Joo Hyun. If I’m not mistake, she was your childhood friend, but since she was one year ahead of us, she didn’t had much time to come and see you.”

 

“Oh, so I at least had a friend.”

 

“Yeah, and she was, well… how could I say it?” Byul pondered and thought how she could say what she was thinking.

 

“What?”

 

“Well… she was super pretty and pretty much the diva of the school and some people harassed you sometimes because you were the only person she actually spoke in the school. She had an cold aura and like you, it was hard for normal kids to approach, so being kids and brats as they were, instead of try to talk, they harassed you.”

 

“Was I bullied?” Yong Sun asked with a frown. “Wait… so you saved me from my bullies and that’s how we end up together?”

 

“Not at all. I was clueless to all the bullying until our third year. The first time I really noticed you was in our third year. Because I got into that school as a student-athlete, so I just studied for half the day. But truly has to be told, I slept during all the time in classes, so we never had any chance to talk.” The blonde had a smile on her face while remembering that time.

 

“Then how did we end up together?” The brunette asked confused.

 

“We had a PE class, and I was pointed to teach some basic skills for running for those who weren’t exactly ‘fit’. And well, you were a little… chubby and clumsy at that time, but actually, I found it really cute.” Byul chuckled again and Yong Sun didn’t found it so amused, but keep shutted. “So you were one of those I should teach, and that was the first time we really looked into each other eyes and exchanged greetings. That day was when I started to have a crush on you.”

 

“What happened to you started to like me?”

 

“Like I said, I had to teach some students. The first thing I asked was some stretching exercise. And…” Moon Byul hold her laugh. “You didn’t followed what I instructed correctly, so you had cramps on your muscles and fell on the floor cursing.”

 

“Was I that unfit?” Yong Sun asked credulous.

 

“Yes! Not in a bad way tho, your clumsy and non-athlete-spirit was so cute that I was lost in my thoughts, but when I saw a glimpse of tears on your eyes, I went to you fast and helped massaging your leg. But when I was helping you, I looked at your face and I chuckled remembering your clumsy. But I think you thought I was laughing about you, so you thanked me and went in school building fastly.”

 

“Hmmm…” The brunette hummed and was getting into the story.

 

“After that, I never slept again in classes. I was always admirating you from my seat. Whenever you looked at my direction, I tried to wave or give you a smile, but you always ignored that.” Byul paused a little, seeing a little frustrated with that memory.

 

“I don’t see how we would end up together if you just stared at me and it seemed like I mistook your action and hated you for that.”

 

“Well, I'll get to that part. Wait a little.” Byul E cleared . “Someday I was with my best friend, Seul Gi, in her parents store. We were just chatting random stuffs, but suddenly she asked: ‘You like her, don’t you, unnie?’ I got flustered, but tried not to show it to her, so I replied cooly while eating my ramyun: ‘Who?’ Then she bluntly said: ‘Kim Yong Sun.’ Then I choked up and noodles even got out from my nose!”

 

“From your nose? Oh my God!” Yong Sun laughed hard.

 

“Hey~ it’s funny now, but I thought I was going to die at that time.” The blonde said while moving her right hand to her nose, remembering the sensation she had at that time. It wasn’t good at all.

 

“R-Right. I’m sorry for laughing so hard.” Yong stuttered trying to compress her laugh and apologized. “Continue, please.”

 

“After that, that bear told me I was too obvious, that even she being in the first year, in the few moments she went to my classroom, she could notice my shining eyes looking at you. Was I that lovestruck?” Byul asked herself without noticing she was talking, not just thinking.

 

“I-I wouldn’t know…” The brunette replied stuttering this time because she was embarrassed.

 

“Anyway, going back to the story.” Byul coughed and tried to move on to change the atmosphere she accidently created. “Seul Gi asked me if I wanted help, and of course, I denied saying that I didn’t liked you. She was persistent, so in the end I just told her to forget about it, but then she asked me: ‘I’ll ask one last time. Do you want my help?’ after not getting my reply, she said: ‘Fine. Good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter