Chapter 13

Sunlight Over Rainy Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After sending Whee In to school, Byul went to work and by the lunch time, she went to speak with her boss.

 

“Excuse me.” Byul knocked on the door.

 

“Come in.” Her boss replied.

 

“Boss, I’m just here to say that I won’t be working on the noon or night shift.” Byul said while scratching her neck.

 

“And why do you think I would allow you to do that?” Her boss asked with a mocking tone.

 

“Well, I didn’t get my vacation yet, I do work overtime without getting any extra payment, plus I work some holidays as well.” The blonde said not trying to look too much intimidating, the last thing she would like to do at that moment was to make her boss angrier.

 

“Ooh… are you trying to complain about your work, Moonbyul-ssi?” Her boss was triggered already.

 

“N-No. I’m grateful for this job, but I really need to go home earlier today.” Byul stuttered and tried to explain calmly.

 

“Yeah, I thought so. Why wouldn’t you be grateful? You’re a useless person who can’t do many things since you have this weak body of yours and I out of pity and charity, hired you to work for me.” The old woman was inflating her ego while talking so low of the blonde.

 

“A-Ah, yes, yes. And I’m really grateful for that. That’s why I don’t complain and work hard without asking payment for overtime shifts.” Byul swallow hard and stuttered because she was holding every cursing that was rolling on the tip of her tongue. She just had a fake smile on her face while agreeing with all that bull the older woman was throwing at her.

 

“So, I’ll be going now. I’ll work on my day off to pay for this noon shift, don’t worry.”

 

“Ah, I’ll allow it then. You should thank God everyday for having such a nice boss like me.”

 

“Yes. Thank you.” Byul said and got out of her office.

 

Well, at least I got what I wanted. My pride isn’t that important anymore; after all, I know that there isn’t many people who would contract someone like me to work, so it’s better to not let this job go. I need to feed my little angel, and now my wife again. Yup, that’s it. Let’s just forget about this and focus on my date later.

 

Byul was walking towards the parking lot and remembered something.

 

“OMG, I forgot to tell Wheeinie to go to Seulgi today.” She was contemplating what should she do. “Ah!” She exclaimed and searched her cellphone inside her purse and then called her friend.

 

“Seul, how are you?”

 

“B-Byul… ummm… fine, I think?”

 

“Can I ask you a favor, buddy?”

 

“If it’s not related to your ghost wife, go ahead.”

 

“Hey, don’t call her that!” Byul said with a angry voice.

 

“O-Okay, sorry. But well, if it’s not related with her…”

 

“It’s not. I just wanted to ask if you can wait and get Wheeinie in school today. Is that possible?”

 

“Sure, no problem. But, wouldn’t she come here like always?” Seulgi asked curious.

 

“The thing is, I forgot to tell her that Yongsun wouldn’t be home later. Probably we’ll get home a little late. I’ll drop by and get her when we’re going home.”

 

“Aaah, I see. So you’re going out with her and don’t want a kid nearby, huh? What are you planning, Byul?” Seulgi asked while giggling and Byul was sure that the younger girl had a malicious expression on her face at that moment.

 

“Not of your business. Just tell me if you can do this for me or not.”

 

“Ouch~ you don’t need to talk like that unnie. I was just teasing you a little bit. I don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter