Chapter 9

Sunlight Over Rainy Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“After listening all the story, I’m even more curious… how in the world did we end up together?”

 

“I tried to call you in our first summer break from college.”



 

“But weren’t I in Seoul?”

 

“Yes, but you came back for your vacations. So Seul Gi got me your number and we went to a telephone booth, then I called you. When you answered I freaked out and hung up.”

 

“So you basically did a prank call?”

 

“NO!” Byul E shouted.

 

“Shhh. You’ll wake up the girl.” Yong Sun said while still caressing the little girl hair.

 

“Oh, sorry. But, no. Really, I got nervous and freaked out like I said. Seul Gi saw that and tried to lock me inside the telephone booth until I called you back. But somewhat I got to run away while Seul Gi was saying how dumb and idiot I was.”

 

“So, we didn’t get together at that time either?”

 

“No…”

 

“So you tried again on winter break?”

 

“Well, I would do that… but I got a athletics scholarship and studied for 2 years in USA. So I came back after that and the summer break had just passed. So I couldn’t call you at that time and had to wait another 6 months and pray to you come back for winter break.”

 

“Woow… all those years apart and you were studying abroad… didn’t you liked anyone there?”

 

“I never thought about that while I was in USA… I just practiced and practiced more when I remembered about you. I didn’t even made any friends.”

 

“You should’ve enjoyed it.”

 

“I couldn’t get you out of my mind and I enjoyed it in my own way.” Byul E said with a grin, showing that it was true what she was saying. The brunette couldn’t bring herself to say anything more about it, but then suddenly she realize something.

 

“So, you didn’t date anyone besides me?” The brunette asked with her eyes popping out, shocked of how much the blonde loved her.

 

“No… you were my first and only lover.” Moon Byul said a little shy.

 

“Hmm…” Yong Sun hummed and felt embarrassed with the awkward atmosphere. Feeling that, Byul E cough and cleared .

 

“So, after coming back and waiting until the winter break, Seul Gi went with me again to a telephone booth, but that time, she went in with me. To make sure I wouldn’t hung up and run away.”

 

“Gosh… this friend seems like a good friend, but at the same time a pain in the .” Yong said sighing.

 

“Yeah… it’s something like that.” Byul said with a soft laugh. “Then I called you, but freaked out when you answered, but before I could hang up, Seul Gi got the phone from my hand and we kinda had a silence fight while you were on the line waiting for a reply.”

 

“Oh my God…”

 

“When I finally was won and was about to hang up, Seul Gi screamed trying to imitate my voice: ‘ I’m Moon Byul E. Byul E from high school that was part of the athletics club and your classmate. ‘ Then she got out of the booth and passed the phone to me. I was super nervous and couldn’t even speak straight. I stuttered a lot, but managed to say my name again and I asked if you still had my pen, and used it as a lame excuse to ask you to meet me, so I could get it back since it was an important gift I received.”

 

“And I still had that pen?” After the question, Moon Byul got up and went to their room, then after some time she came back with a pen in her hand.

 

“Here.” The blonde extended her hand and gave the brunette the pen.

 

“This?” Yong Sun said while looking the pen.

 

“Yeah. You even preserved it after all this time.”

 

“So, I agreed to meet with you?”

 

“Yeah, but I pranked Seul Gi that day.” Byul E laughed with her hand in front of to muffle her laugh. “I- haha… I hung up the phone and made a sad face, so she came to me saying sweet stuffs trying to comfort me. I couldn’t fake anymore and started to laugh hard at her face and ran away from her, because when she finally realized that I was pranking her, she followed me to give me some punches.”

 

“So, did we met?”

 

“Yes. We agreed to met in front of our high school two days later. Seul Gi asked to dress me up to met you, since I was not confident enough, I let her… but now that I think about it, I shouldn’t have. She made me wear pink suit. Honestly, I hated that pink pants and coat, but she said it was really good on me… so in the end, I went with that.” Byul said with an awkward smile while scratched her head.

 

“So?” The brunette said starting to get impatient.

 

“I dressed up and went to met you almost one hour earlier… but when I got there, you were already in there… since things were kinda awkward for me, instead of saying something good, I went to you and said: ‘I’m not late. You’re the one who came too early.’ Gosh, I don’t know why I did that… the first thing I said to you after all these years without seeing you was that… at least, instead of scolding me for my words, you just said ‘I know.’ and didn’t said anything else after… so thinking that I was fixing the way I started it, I asked you why you’ve waited out there in the sunlight, since you could’ve go inside and wait… then again, you replied in your calm and steady voice that you had promised me to met me outside, not inside.”

 

“Why couldn’t you say something nicer?” Yong Sun asked incredulous seeing how foolish Moon Byul seemed to be at that time.

 

“I tried! I swear! After that I apologized. Then you said it was okay and opened your purse to get my pen and when you gave it to me, I thanked you. I started to get nervous, because I didn’t wanted you to go home after giving me the pen, but after I rehearsed so much at home, I couldn’t bring myself to ask you face to face to have a lunch with me. So I said ‘Take care.’ and you just said ‘Okay. Bye.” and turned your back to me and started to walk away.”

 

“How can you be so coward? Didn’t you like her- I mean, me, for all these years? Did you just watched while I walked away?” The brunette was clearly frustrated with the blonde attitude.

 

“But- but! I asked you out that day… when you were far, I shouted your name and said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter