Chapter 20

Reading Writing Romance

Taecyeon

Taec had been true to his word. He'd only left that blue plastic chair to go to the men's room.

After school had let out, Junho and Ewon had come to visit, bringing Taecyeon an order of pasta from Italianos. He hadn't been interested in eating, but Nichkhun had sat next to him and made sure he'd eaten at least half of it. 

Spaghetti and meatballs was his favorite meal, but with Jun lying in a hospital bed on a respirator in a medically induced coma, the food had no taste. Taec ate it just to fuel his body.

After sticking around for a few hours, Junho had taken off and shortly after, Nichkhun had taken Ewon home. Ewon had looked absolutely devastated when he'd gotten a look at Jun. He'd sat at Jun's bedside and whispered to him while Taecyeon had forced himself to eat.

Soon after the guys left, Jongup stopped by. He was carrying artwork that Gain and Jay had drawn for Jun "How's he doing?" Jongup bent low over his brother and kissed his cheek.

"No change. The neurologist was in about an hour ago. He said Jun was holding his own and that they'd know more in the morning. He'll have another CT scan then."

Jongup nodded "Gain had a nap and she's looking much better. She didn't do so well driving in the car with Narsha."

"I had a feeling that might happen." poor Gainoo. She'd only just lost her mother and now to have gone through a traumatic car accident. Taecyeon wanted to protect her from all the evils of this world and keep her safe.

"I'm not prepared for this, Taec." Jongup said sadly.

"Prepared for what?" 

"To lose my brother."

"You're not going to lose him." Christ, the last thing Jun needed was to hear that kind of talk from his brother "Jun is a stubborn son of a . He's going to be just fine and back to being a royal pain in my soon enough."

Jongup rolled his eyes "There's no plan in place for Gain."

Taecyeon understood now. Jongup was worried about Jun from a legal standpoint "Well, we'll make a plan then, won't we? But, it's not going to come to that."

"It's funny I don't even have a will. Junnie and I said that once Gain was settled with him that we'd get together and make wills. Not exactly the most fun way to spend the day, but we knew we needed to do it."

"We're a family, Jongup. We'll figure this out together."

"Jesus Taec, don't be such a Pollyanna. He could be in this bed for the rest of his life! He could need billions of won in medical care. You can say you're family as much as you want, but whose going to pay those bills when they come in? Who's gonna feed him or wipe his or cut his hair?"

Taec got up and pulled Jongup into a hug "Let's just focus on Jun waking up, huh? The doctor said we need to be positive. He said Jun can hear us. The last thing Jun needs is to hear you freaking out." Taec turned back to Jun "Or to hear that his brother is hugging me! Come on, Jun, wake up. Your brother has his hands on my !"

"I do not!"

"He does too and I'm starting to like it!" Taec could feel another crash coming. He knew that if he lost it, Jongup would too.

"Its gonna be okay, Taec. You're right, my brother is a stubborn son of a . He's got so much to tell you."

Taec pulled back "What do you mean?"

"Under other circumstances I'd want to punch your throat out, you know?"

"I hear you. I was awful to Jun on that last day." Taecyeon's heart sank to think about the way he'd just walked away from Jun.

"From the way he tells it, he was pretty awful to you too."

"I was too scared to tell him I loved him." Taec turned back to Jun "Did you hear that, babe? I love you!"

"It might not be my place to say it, but he loves you too."

Taec nodded "He told you that?" 

"Had a bit of a talk with him last night. God, it seems like that was years ago, now." Jongup shook his head "Anyway, he said that he'd really messed things up with you and was going to try to fix things today."

Taec felt tears pricking the backs of his eyes again "I was going to do the same thing."

"Narsha told me all about her little come to Jesus meeting with you. I never said it much, but you're good for each other."

"Christ, did you hear that, Jun? Your little brother just gave us his blessing. If he keeps talking like that I'm gonna have a and have to share that bed with you."

"You call me if there's anything either of you need. I mean it Taecyeon. Call me for anything."

"I will. I promise."

"I also want you to promise me you're gonna get some sleep. The little sofa here in the room doesn't look very comfortable."

"I can't leave his side, Jongup. I'll try to sleep, but I'm not going home."

"You two deserve each other. Stubborn bastards..." Jongup muttered before he hugged Taecyeon and left the room.