Chapter 11

Reading Writing Romance

Ewon

Ewon was dead on his feet. Actually he was dead in Wooyoung's bed. It had been a busy day of entertaining their friends and introducing Wooyoung to his new family. It had gone well, but all of that work was exhausting.

Nichkhun was finishing up a rousing rendition of Goodnight Moon and Ewon could see the exhaustion in his eyes too. 

"Good night, Youngie." Ewon bent over to kiss the little boy, who was snuggled up in his pink princess blanket. His rainbow Pretty Pony stuffed animal was clutched against his chest.

"Good night." Wooyoung snuggled deeper into his bed "It was a good day. I liked Grams and Jay and Gain."

Ewon felt like his heart was soaring "I'm so glad, buddy. I know they loved spending time with you."

"Khunnie burned the hotdogs." Wooyoung said on a yawn.

Ewon snorted, taking one more minute to run his fingers through Wooyoung's soft hair. He smelled like citrus shampoo and little boy. Ewon could have smelled him all night.

"I'll try harder tomorrow. Good night, Youngie. Come on, Ewon."

"Just one more minute." Ewon kissed Wooyoung's forehead again "I love you."

"Who's the child and who's the parent here?" Nichkhun reached for Ewon's arm and pulled him gently toward the door.

Once they were in the hallway, Nichkhun turned to Ewon "Why don't you grab a shower and I'll make us something to eat."

Ewon was so tired he was afraid he'd fall asleep in the shower and drown in the spray. He could see the earnest look in Nichkhun's eyes and found himself agreeing "Maybe use some of the leftover flank steak in a salad? I could eat a salad."

Nichkhun grinned "Okay. See you in a bit." he turned to walk away, but stopped himself "Oh and Ewon?" he didn't wait for an answer, instead he kissed his husband with every ounce of courage he had in him.

Before he knew it, his hands were fisted in Nichkhun's Tommy Bahama shirt while Nichkhun's tongue pushed its way into Ewon's mouth. Every drop of exhaustion vanished as Nichkhun plundered his mouth.

If Nichkhun kept this up, they'd end up showering together after they'd both come their brains out.

"I'll see you in a bit." Nichkhun blushed and headed down the stairs.

Ewon would be showering alone, but coming his brains out was still on the agenda.

He stripped quickly, shivering when the chilly air hit his body. His bobbed lightly against the soft hair on his abdomen. Ewon was itching to get his hand around it.

Once the water was warm enough, Ewon stepped under the spray. His was barely wet before it was in his hand. Biting his lower lip to stifle Nichkhun's name on his lips, Ewon got down to business. 

In his mind, he could see Nichkhun down on his knees in front of him, his black eyes glassy with need. Ewon's hand was a blur as he jacked his harder. He imagined Nichkhun begging him to his face and that alone nearly tipped Ewon over the edge. Dream Nichkhun whispering the word, "please" was all Ewon needed.

His pulsed hard, sending a spurt of cream to splatter against the dark shower tile. Three more quick, hard bursts joined the first on the wall. He was coming so fast and hard, his knees felt week. Ewon was afraid he was going to lose his balance.

When the last weak trickle of release dribbled over Ewon's fingers, he braced his hands against the wet shower wall and started to laugh.

Never in a million years did he imagine he'd have the best of his life while imagining being blown by Doctor Perfect.

 

svgimg0001.svg  svgimg0001.svg  svgimg0001.svg  svgimg0001.svg

 

Nichkhun

Nichkhun was pacing in the kitchen. He'd quickly thrown together a salad like Ewon asked for and grabbed them both a beer. Now he was just waiting to hear the water snap off.

Not that he had been paying attention, but Ewon didn't usually take this long in the shower. Nichkhun couldn't help wondering if Ewon was getting dirty before he got clean. 

The second his lips had crushed down on Ewon's his had roared to life. As much as he'd tried to deny it to himself, no other man had done that to him from just a simple kiss.

What was even stranger was that Ewon was the last person he would have expected to have explosive ual chemistry with. With the way Junho and Minjun had been pushing them together, Nichkhun's passive-aggressive personality came out in force. He hadn't bothered giving Ewon a second look because he hadn't wanted to.

It had become obvious over the last few days that had been a bad decision.

"Hey there." Ewon said.

Nichkhun startled at the sound of his voice.

"Did I scare you?" there was a hint of a laugh in Ewon's voice.

More than you know... "How was your shower?" Nichkhun could feel a blush blooming over his face.

"Hot. Refreshing, I mean. I'm clean." Ewon said lamely before grabbing the beer Nichkhun had set in front of him.

Nichkhun watched with an amused look on his face as Ewon drank half of his beer in one go. Maybe he'd nailed it on the head when he'd thought Ewon was in the shower. 

"So." Ewon sounded much more composed "I assume you want to talk about Wooyoungie?"

Nichkhun shook his head. As much as he wanted to talk about how proud he was of their son and how well he'd done meeting all of their friends, he knew they needed to have the conversation he'd mapped out in his head "I want to talk about us."

The smile faded from Ewon's face. He took a deep breath "Okay, what's on your mind?"

Nichkhun saw Ewon go back to nibbling his bottom lip. He always did that when he was worried or anxious about something "Well..." , this was harder than he thought it would be "Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like there's something..." Nichkhun pointed back and forth between the two of them.

"And by something, you're talking about the way your tongue keeps ending up in my mouth?"

Nichkhun raised an eyebrow at Ewon. Just for ing once couldn't he be serious? "Look, if you don't want to have this conversation, just say so."

Ewon quickly sobered "I'm sorry, Khun. I could see you were struggling with what you were trying to say. I was just trying to lighten the moment. Yes, there seems to be something growing between us." 

Nichkhun's attitude softened. This wasn't supposed to happen. Theirs was a marriage of convenience. No feelings were ever supposed to have grown out of this union. They were together for Wooyoung, not because they were head-over-heels in love with each other.

"What do you think about the thing between us?" Nichkhun crossed his fingers that Ewon would answer the question instead of being his usual irreverent self.

"I think it's amazing and awful at the same time."

"Thanks, Ewon. That's just what I was ing hoping to hear." Nichkhun turned away from him and headed toward the stairs. It would be easier trying to talk to a rock.

"Wait, Nichkhun!" Ewon rushed toward the doctor, grabbing his elbow and spinning him back around against the wall "You didn't hear me out."

"Oh, sorry. I thought you said what you needed to say when you mentioned this thing between us was awful." why the hell had he listened to Jun? A relationship talk was all fine and good, but he and Ewon weren't in a relationship. They were co-parenting a child.

"My last relationship ended because my ex was a Vicodin who was selling his and on back alleys for pills."

Nichkhun in a shocked breath. He had no idea about that relationship. Hell, he didn't know anything about any of Ewon's past relationships. 

"Jesus, Ewon. I had no idea."

Ewon snorted "It's not exactly a happy story, you know? Anyway, I kind of swore men off after that. This happened a few years ago, after I started teaching at Little Wonder Clovers. Jun and Junho were so supportive, but aside from quick hook ups, I've stayed away from other guys."

Nichkhun pulled his left arm free from Ewon's iron grasp and rested his hand against the side of his face "I'm sorry that happened to you."

"The only reason I found out what Jokwon was up to was because he was arrested in a ion sting. I was terrified over losing my job. I mean he lived with me..."

"But it all worked out, right?"

Ewon nodded "The cops figured out that I was just a victim and Jun said that my job was never really in danger. He would have gone to bat for me if the school board had insisted I be let go."

"I understand why you think having feelings or something for me could be scary." Nichkhun was just as scared of his own growing feelings.

"It isn't scary, Nichkhun. It's downright terrifying."

Ewon's explanation was certainly not improving as time went on.

"I can see the disappointed look in your eyes, but it's not you." 

"You're going to say it's you, right?"

Ewon shook his head "No, it's Wooyoung."

"Wooyoung?" Nichkhun asked numbly.

"Hypothetically speaking what if we fell in love with each other, you know, like Junho and Chansung? And then we broke up, like Taecyeon and Minjun..."

Nichkhun had been over this very scenario in his head a million times.

"The most important thing is Wooyoung. I want him to have two happy, loving fathers who think the sun rises and sets on him."

"Wooyoung has that already."

"But what if he doesn't? If we tried a real relationship and then we crashed and burned, I'd have to move out, Wooyoung would be shuttled back and forth between us. Our friends would have to take sides. I just..."

Nichkhun had a feeling whatever Ewon was about to say was what was really going on in his head "You just what?"

"This would hurt so much worse than losing Jokwon. You are kind and sweet and you take such good care of me. You're my friend, Khun. First and foremost you were my friend. We may have had our little spats along the way where you wanted to deck me, but beyond all that bull, you were my best friend. If I lost that..."

Nichkhun pulled Ewon into his arms "Everything you just said is how I'm feeling too. Only I would have said it differently."

Ewon snorted against the side of Nichkhun's neck "I'm a teacher, not a poet."

"Ain't that the truth?" Nichkhun laughed along with Ewon "I had a chat with Jun today at the party. Actually..." Nichkhun amended "...he had a chat with me."

"Oh, God." Ewon groaned.

"He said that the reason he and Junho had been pushing us to get together was because they could both see how good we were for each other. I told him a version of what you just said about how Wooyoung would be the one to suffer if we got together and then broke up."

"Let me guess, Jun said something along the lines of 'Just ing do it already!' right?"

"No, that's what you would have said if the roles were reversed. Jun said to give it a try. He said to put my fear of failing you aside and just give it a try."

"You're afraid of failing me?" 

Nichkhun nodded "Wooyoung too. I mean, I've never been a father before and the last time I had a boyfriend was a few years ago. That guy ripped my heart to pieces. My work suffered and I lost two patients to a different practice. I made a vow to myself that my personal life had to take a back seat to my patients. To be honest, I don't tend to be attracted to the best types of guys."

"Well, you are now. That is if you're attracted to me?" Ewon's voice was barely above a whisper.

"I'm so ing attracted to you that I walk around trying to hide my perpetual hard-on."

"Ditto." Ewon laughed.

"So what do we do?" Nichkhun asked, feeling a bit better about what was going on between them.

"As far as I see it, we have two choices."

"This should be good."

" or don't ."

"Jesus Christ." Ewon really was one of a kind.

"You know what I mean. Either we try this crazy thing or we don't." 

"In other words, or get off the pot."

"I wouldn't have said it like that, but yeah, that metaphor works too. Personally, I'd rather than not ."

"God almighty, Ewon. Me too." he wanted Ewon and spread out more than he wanted his next breath.

"Looks like we made a decision."