A day to remember

HIGH HOPES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miscommunication leads to a lot of misunderstandings. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. They say, it'll add spice to a relationship. The heart gets excited for the next days, longing to see, longing to hold, longing to kiss and longing to touch. Long absence may wither any beautiful ties. Not talking nor seeing for a long period of time, one may start to rely on others. One might have trust in herself, but will the other be trusted? What about absence physically and mentally? Will it ever work? Will it make the heart grow fonder or distant? 

 

 

After a day of just being with Jennie seemed like a forever to Lisa. It was the much needed closure she wanted for a long time. Jennie being carefree, and Lisa being just her. She missed those grins, those unbarred laughs. They talked about a lot of things, from sensible to nonsense things. They laughed at a whim. They exchanged stares then laughed again. They went to a shopping mall, watched a movie intended for children and talked and laughed about it. How they were old enough to watch that kind of movie. It never grew old. Lisa realized, Jennie was trying to portray a cold aura, but once you get to know her, you'll see a very different person. She was jolly, sometimes cute but was too embarrassed to show it. Talkative at times, when the topic was getting her attention, suddenly being too quiet to bear. Lisa needed another topic to keep things going or it would be a little awkward between them and she was successful everytime. She could see how Jennie recovered from the grave. She was like a new born person who hid a long time ago from the world, from everyone. One might never think she almost went to jail because of carelessness and being so wasted. Jennie being Jennie Kim is priceless. She unknowingly giving Lisa second thoughts on everything. 

 

 

 

"It's fifteen past six. We should really be going.", Lisa said after they got out of the arcade section. Smiles still lingered in their lips. Cheeks hurting due to too much laughing. This day was really a memory to hold on to.

 

 

 

"Nah, it's still early. What are you? A 7th grader?", Jennie said while laughing, her words became gibberish. "I know a place. Let's go, Lisa.", Jennie held her hand and lead the way to the parking lot of the shopping mall. Lisa just smiled at her remark and can't stop staring at the hand firmly holding her hand as if not wanting to let go because she might be gone any moment. The spaces between were filled perfectly by that soft hand. It was a moment to cherish. A moment to look back to. Lisa's mind were in shambles but the moment Jennie stepped right into, she was all over her. Lisa let her lead the way for real and for her heart. The moment she gave in. The feelings she was holding and kept hidden for years

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter