Step Two

HIGH HOPES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie never had a good night sleep. After Jisoo died, she had nightmares. Her dreams turned to nightmares. She constantly dreams about Jisoo and she would wake up crying and sweating. How she missed Jisoo. How she missed the good times. How she wished they could be together again. She wanted to be with her wherever she is now. Her heart clenched at the thought. She would cry until the sun came up from its lair. Until her eyes dried up and fell asleep again. It becomes a daily routine for her. She found solace in every little ways she could find. From drinking to sleeping to playing games and out from her place to go to places no one knew her and intoxicate herself to the point that she might pass out anytime and there will always be a Lisa who will be there everytime. It annoyed her. Her kindness disgusted her but still thankful. Though she missed her these past days. 

 

 

 

There's no annoying Lisa who lingered around her. There's no one who would open the curtains that gave off blinding light in the morning. There's no one who's voice was more irritating than her mother's. It's been a week since Lisa fetched her from the police station and dropped her off to her apartment. She was too caring and too kind to be ignored. She believed and still believes that her heart had died and went away with Jisoo. She wanted to do something that would catch Lisa's attention but what happened last time was too much and she realized it. She was destroying her own life to the point that she almost had a bad record if not for Lisa who begged to the victim not to pressed charges against her. And she bailed her out from the prison and went home safely and unscathed because of her. 

 

 

She spaced out again upon remembering Jisoo's last words for her. 

 

 

"Don't fall out. Don't waste your life on me. When I die, please give yourself a second chance on love. I wish you happiness Jennie. I'll love you from afar and my heart will always be yours. Don't be afraid to be happy without me. I know it is too much and I know it'll be hard for you. Until we meet again, my love."

 

 

 

She started to cry. She started to wail louder as she sat helplessly at the bedside. She was alone and hopeless. She was so attached to Jisoo that without her, its really hard to live and go on with her life. She remembered how Jisoo was so kind and understanding. She was so spoiled to the point that even if it was her fault, Jisoo would always be the one to apologize. Jis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter