Last Will

HIGH HOPES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


It was raining hard and the thunder was rumbling loudly but the girl in black never faltered at where she stood. She was holding a black umbrella resembling that she was mourning standing in front of a newly cemented grave. She expected this day to come but still the pain and the tears came crushing her wholebeing like an earthquake. She was devastated by her remains, her memories, her scent, her smile, her whole being. She was heart broken that she was to witness her lover's last days suffering from a backstabbing illness. She couldn't help but cry whenever she was in pain or if her illness attacked at the most unexpected hours of the day. Jennie was always there, witnessing all of it. She stayed because she love her dearly. They promised to be together forever but now, she left her alone. She left her alone in this world full of mishaps and miseries. They knew this day would come and her lover prepared her for this day but still it pained her most seeing her love fade away like a smoke swooshed away by the great air. 

 

 

 

She wiped away the tears still visible in her eyes and still standing weakly at the front of the tomb. It was still nameless and not polished at all but she wanted to dig the grave out and take her out there and pleaded to the heavens, she would do anything to make her live once more. It was a right love at the wrong time. They couldn't fight what was written in their fate. She was the wretched one because she witnessed how she was suffering and the day where their nightmare came to life. Her lover couldn't take the pain and just passed out at one of the rooms of the hospital she was staying for a month. 

 

 

 

 

Someone patted her shoulder that made her wake from the trance she was in. It was her lover's best friend whom she trusted the most. She was also there supporting the both of them when everything came crumbling down to the grave exchanging nods with her best bud before she breathed her last breath. It was a nod that Lisa understood perfectly, to which she answered also with a nod and a pat on her shoulder signaling that she willingly consented to the last will her best friend left her.  A last will with which her happiness was on the line. At first, she was against it but her conscience was bugging her because it was a dying person's last wish. The wish was an unfair one, mostly to her because she would give up her own happiness. 

 

 

 

"Come on.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter