One day

HIGH HOPES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wrote this while listening to "One day by Kodaline".

 

 

~~~~

 

 

Most people feel sad or depressed at times. It's a normal reaction to loss or life's struggle. But when intense sadness, including feeling helpless, hopelessness, and worthless, lasts for many days, weeks, months or maybe years and keeps you from living your life. It may be something more than sadness. That's where people who care about you intervene. That's where people become selfless. Selflessness is having or showing great concern for other people and little or no concern for yourself at all. But selflessness has bad effects on people around the person who is one. 

 

 

Chaeng's POV

 

 

 

Lisa can be so selfless at times that being her girlfriend wasn't an easy feat. Being her girlfriend means that I need to understand every selfless thing she do. Just like being there for her late best friend's girlfriend. She told me about her best friend's dying wish to help Jennie get over her. I know all about it even though I wasn't there. She told me everything about it and when she didn't agree to it the first time because she was thinking of me. The dilemma she was in the first time she learned about it. The hesitation I felt when she first told me about it. I know all about it. She told me that she first saw Jennie and that she wanted to court her but she gave way to Jisoo. She never told Jisoo about her feelings about Jennie and before she could have the courage, Jisoo had deep feelings already for Jennie and she was the same. It was when they were in college and I wasn't in the picture yet. Lisa moved on and have been happy for them until they learned that Jisoo was dying. 

 

 

 

I encouraged her because I saw how Jennie was so broken about her girlfriend's demise and back then I wasn't threatened so I completely trust Lisa. She told me she already got over Jennie and that she only saw her just as a friend and nothing more. I need to hang on to those words. I need to accept things because I know how Lisa was true to her words. I knew completely that once she promised to do a thing, she will do it in any way she can. That's how my Lisa got me. I got head over heels in love with her in no time. 

 

 

 

One time, we were having a dinner at our usual diner and we were having a really good time chatting about everything we got our minds on when suddenly her phone vibrated and grabbed it and creased her eyebrows upon reading the message. Her face frowned and glanced at me quickly and typed something and she became quiet. She was listening to my nonsense stories and laughed momentarily but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter